Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.

Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc. (http://www.professionalcarsociety.org/forums/index.php)
-   eBay Listings Discussion Forum (http://www.professionalcarsociety.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   '77 M-M Combo Back For Another Go (http://www.professionalcarsociety.org/forums/showthread.php?t=20071)

Russell Street 03-18-2017 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abe Bush (Post 841917951)
I hate all 77's, as they literally killed the pro-car industry.

More like a bunch of dumbass, know nothing, yet know everything politicians killed the pro car industry. The auto industry just did what they were told to do!!!

Hopefully that "climate" changes now that we've got more common sensed people in charge. We'll see!!!

John ED Renstrom 03-18-2017 11:46 AM

To call that set of years as down sized caddys, is to says you never had one in your garage. They take up a lot of room. But really what killed the pro car was cost. Vans were a lot cheaper to buy and convert. EMS was moving from funeral home based to independent or fire house.the prestige of a caddy ambulance gave way to quility of care. Which has now evolved in to if mine is bigger then yours I'm better.

I'm my way of thinking loss of completion is what killed the pro car. All the companys Combined in to one with cookie. Cutter styling. By 77 was really only two companies building cars. By 79 only one

Danny Hutcheson 03-18-2017 01:12 PM

Appears to be an excellent example of a rare breed.

Steve Loftin 03-18-2017 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abe Bush (Post 841917951)
I hate all 77's, as they literally killed the pro-car industry.

Not quite - federal government regulations forced this to happen; THEY did this to the procar (and entire automotive) industry.

The '77s were merely the symptoms of this disease. Few manufacturers, dealers, or consumers wanted this.

Kent Dorsey 03-19-2017 01:00 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Finally had a little time for it today, a few photos before it heads off to Godfrey's Garage tomorrow.
I think the only mounted lights I have seen on this era of car are the beacon rays, the 184 light (non mounted, just posing) in the photos has some kind of triple attachment to it, whereas this car has the single bored hole...
Does anyone have a 184 light mounted to one of these or photos of any? (Maybe Ron Devies blue combination had a power light on second thought?)

Paul Steinberg 03-19-2017 01:31 PM

With the light mounted, it looks like it will be too high to get into the garage.

Steve Loftin 03-19-2017 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kent Dorsey (Post 841917960)
Finally had a little time for it today, a few photos before it heads off to Godfrey's Garage tomorrow.
I think the only mounted lights I have seen on this era of car are the beacon rays, the 184 light (non mounted, just posing) in the photos has some kind of triple attachment to it, whereas this car has the single bored hole...
Does anyone have a 184 light mounted to one of these or photos of any? (Maybe Ron Devies blue combination had a power light on second thought?)

Note that it will take a 184-H (tall skirt, cut to fit) to properly accommodate the roof contour of this car, whether you use one or a pair.

Chuck Kramer 03-19-2017 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kent Dorsey (Post 841917944)
well, everyone wondered where it would land...

One of ten 1977 M/M Combinations, Not sure how many were of the limousine style. Ten total combinations in 1978 and five total combinations in 1979.

John ED Renstrom 03-19-2017 10:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
easy enough to make a D out of any light. all they did was use the top plate and
turn it up side down. the three bolts would go threw it draw the bottom plate up till it's under the skirt. use 1/8 in piece of pipe for your center or drill down threw the approach size bolt. if yous has the hot shoe for a contact you will need to make a contact if yours is the wires you feed it down threw the hole . but a wing nut on the bottom and you now have a D. you can order a tag off ebay to even say so.

here is a pictures of a D I made using a piece of stainless for a bottom plate.

Kent Dorsey 03-20-2017 12:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just a heads up, Murray got the 76 M-M Citation. I do not know his plans: