Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.

Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc. (http://www.professionalcarsociety.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion Forum (http://www.professionalcarsociety.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   back to here (http://www.professionalcarsociety.org/forums/showthread.php?t=19177)

John ED Renstrom 06-04-2016 11:36 PM

back to here

2 Attachment(s)
we have made it back to this stage on the 58. our first attempt was not as successful as I had hoped for due mainly to equipment frailer. the new paints require a much finer fluid tip then I have been using for a number of years. luckily we had one almost fine enough for the old Develbes. so glass is all in and the weather seals are in place got the hangers for the rocker molding screwed to the body this time before we painted. the trim hanging should go quickly and we can get this old gal back on the road. been a long winded project up to now but it looks to be on the down hill slide now. we get it up and running before I wear out it will be nice to see it go home,:thumbsup:

Wayne Krakowski 06-05-2016 06:42 AM

Wow,somebody is going to get a fine looking car,enjoy your updates thanks.:applause:

John ED Renstrom 06-10-2016 12:26 AM

4 Attachment(s)
nice to see this one starting to look like a car again we are having to remake a lot of the fasteners for the moldings so that assembly is going slow. but I'm figuring we can have the headlights in by this weekend. now if I can just find were I put that mirrior glass for the right side I'll get it on.

Abe Bush 06-10-2016 01:21 AM

Ed, you are a true artisan. I can't believe what amazing work you do on these cars! You are worth billions, anyone who gets lucky enough to have you work on their cars is lucky and I am envious but proud at what a craftsman you are.

John ED Renstrom 06-10-2016 11:38 AM

nothing like having fun to keep one busy. there are a lot of benefits with not making a living and having to rush things out. but a lot of negatives to not having a complete shop also. still most things can be done with hand tools and the willingness to fix things not replace them. we do have a lot of stuff in the paint you don't see that will nub off and buff out.

Philip Scanio 06-10-2016 05:14 PM

ED, the car is really looking good. Thanks for sharing.

David Henry 06-10-2016 08:04 PM

That is an impressive and beautiful restoration. Looking forward to seeing it in totality

John ED Renstrom 06-11-2016 12:51 AM

2 Attachment(s)
we did a little buffing so had to wash things off here is a shot this evening of the progress so far. out of the direct light the blue in the top really shows up.

John ED Renstrom 06-12-2016 01:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
one more pictures of it. took the top one 3 years ago just after we got the transmission fixed and the car running again. took the bottom one yesterday as I ran it down town to put some gas in it it.

the car hid the rot will to look at the top pictures you think a dent or two add strip it off and paint it. :rolleyes:

Wayne Krakowski 06-12-2016 01:17 PM

What an amazing before and after shot,truly a craftmans work:applause::applause: