Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.

Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc. (http://www.professionalcarsociety.org/forums/index.php)
-   Wanted (http://www.professionalcarsociety.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   siren mount (http://www.professionalcarsociety.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10755)

Rocky Fluegge 11-12-2012 09:21 PM

siren mount

i had a guy give me a siren light combo, i would like to mount it to the roof on my 57 pontiac. So im looking to get a mount for the tapered roof of the car. it does not need to match my siren, i will build a adaptor if i need to just want to get the base to start.

Anyone have one collecting dust on their shelf my old poncho would like it???

Paul Steinberg 11-12-2012 09:26 PM

What brand Siren / Light is it or model number. A picture is worth a lot of words, since typing 1000 words is next to impossible without repeating yourself... :wwpics:

John ED Renstrom 11-12-2012 10:56 PM

I have a brass one for one of the smaller federals that is for a sloped roof.

Rocky Fluegge 11-13-2012 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Steinberg (Post 88661)
What brand Siren / Light is it or model number. A picture is worth a lot of words, since typing 1000 words is next to impossible without repeating yourself... :wwpics:

i will let you know what siren light combo i have tonight, figured if i get a roof mount i will adapt to my combo. but if we have a correct one even better. thanks

Rocky Fluegge 11-13-2012 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John ED Renstrom (Post 88667)
I have a brass one for one of the smaller federals that is for a sloped roof.

that might be what i have. thi one is way smaller then the 6vt unit on my 49 cad when i get home tonight i will check and post what i have

Rocky Fluegge 11-13-2012 09:00 PM

3 Attachment(s)
It is a Federal VL 2L14 siren light combo.

While we are on the subject of it what vintage is this unit i have?

Here are a couple pics of the base and it thanks again.

Paul Steinberg 11-13-2012 09:21 PM

The VL is the smallest motor siren that was made by Federal. They came with either a grill front (VG) or front light (VL). That siren never had a slopped roof mount to the best of my knowledge. You have to step up to a "W" series siren to get a slopped roof mounting. You could mount that VL on the fender or make a custom wedge for the roof if that is what you desire.

Rocky Fluegge 11-13-2012 09:45 PM

thats is why i was thinking if i can get a slope roof mount base i will build what i need to connect a&b together.

John ED Renstrom 11-13-2012 10:22 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I'll toss this one I have in the mail. it's brass so you might be able to make it work for you. it looks like this one. supposed to have as set up like this

Paul Steinberg 11-14-2012 09:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The siren pictured above is a W series siren, and this one is specifically a WLR. The W series sirens are a larger motor siren, and use the standard Federal 4 bolt mounting bracket. The 4 bolt mounting bracket will not work with a V series siren, since the mounting bolts are horizontal in relationship to the siren motor, and the mounting bolts on the 4 bolt base are vertical and screw into the siren from below.