Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.

Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc. (http://www.professionalcarsociety.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion Forum (http://www.professionalcarsociety.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Yard Haunt Host Seeks Use Of Hearse (http://www.professionalcarsociety.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10510)

Anthony Gaudenti 10-20-2012 06:11 AM

Yard Haunt Host Seeks Use Of Hearse
 
Someone in my area is running an annual Halloween yard haunt. The theme changes each year. This year, it is a haunted graveyard theme. Located in Northridge.

The host asked me to ask if anyone has a hearse they can park at the house, near the driveway.

You can contact the host (Karen) if you are interested at the following email address: Kbachman062203@yahoo.com

Thank you.

Rocky Fluegge 10-20-2012 11:31 AM

its always funny this time of the year when parties are going on how often you get asked hey can you bring your car over.

Daniel Scully 10-20-2012 11:37 AM

Quote:

its always funny this time of the year when parties are going on how often you get asked hey can you bring your car over.
If you own one hearse your are weird if you own 2 you are strange if own more than 3 you are a collector.:yankchain::dancing:

Patrick J. Martin 10-20-2012 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel Scully (Post 86882)
If you own one hearse your are weird if you own 2 you are strange if own more than 3 you are a collector.:yankchain::dancing:

That might be true in some areas, but in my neighborhood, the first hearse made me weird, the second one made me strange, but the third one made me someone to be feared and avoided!

This is the only time of year I get invited anywhere, and I know darn well its the car they are inviting and I just happen to come with it!

I genuinely find it interesting how Halloween has become this enormously popular holiday, and yet society still views anyone who chooses to actually own a hearse as a freak the rest of the year.

Except for a local charity event that asks me to bring a hearse over each year, which is just a couple hours one evening so I stay with the car, and its for charity, my cars otherwise spend the Halloween season locked in the garage. The reason is simple, no one seems to understand the concept that my hearses are collector cars, not Halloween decorations, and I don't care to run the risk of having them treated as just a big prop.

Mike Boyer 10-20-2012 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick J. Martin (Post 86890)
That might be true in some areas, but in my neighborhood, the first hearse made me weird, the second one made me strange, but the third one made me someone to be feared and avoided!

This is the only time of year I get invited anywhere, and I know darn well its the car they are inviting and I just happen to come with it!

I genuinely find it interesting how Halloween has become this enormously popular holiday, and yet society still views anyone who chooses to actually own a hearse as a freak the rest of the year.

Except for a local charity event that asks me to bring a hearse over each year, which is just a couple hours one evening so I stay with the car, and its for charity, my cars otherwise spend the Halloween season locked in the garage. The reason is simple, no one seems to understand the concept that my hearses are collector cars, not Halloween decorations, and I don't care to run the risk of having them treated as just a big prop.

I agree 100%
I have been asked 4 times already if I would rent out the Coach! and 4 times I said ..................NOT ON YOUR LIFE !

I was asked by a local charity if they could use it and again I said NO

I just feel that with so many people who have been in the coach as their last ride over the 23 years it was in service, I don't know it just dosen't feel right to me....maybe its just me.
when I drive it...its always CLEAN ( I never drive it when its dirty) and I never speed in it

its a respect thing I guess

Mike Stevens 10-20-2012 01:57 PM

always wanted
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel Scully (Post 86882)
If you own one hearse your are weird if you own 2 you are strange if own more than 3 you are a collector.:yankchain::dancing:

Dan,
It has been my life long dream to be something, and now I find out I am weird. I would like to try for that collector status soon.
I tried for dirty ol' man but that was already taken.
Mike

:071:

John Royark JR 10-20-2012 02:44 PM

As Patrick said, I leave mine locked safely in the garage except for the one I take out cruising, but I never let it out of my sight.
I have been asked more times than I can remember about having it sit somewhere. I am not against it, but I come with the car and stay within a few feet from it. For just sitting at a location where no one will touch it I say $50 an hour. If it is to pick someone up or drop them off its $100 per person per stop plus gas. That usually puts an end to the conversation. They tell me its way to expensive. Well, you dont want it that bad then. They just dont understand that not only am I displaying a collector car but you also have to pay for MY time.

I also like the comment Patrick made about how everyone thinks you are a freak every other time of year, but in October you are popular and everyone wants to be your friend. That is sooo true.

Paul Yates 10-20-2012 07:06 PM

So true about being a weirdo any other time, yet October 31st your the coolest cat in town. I too refuse any and all requests to use my coach as a prop. My coach doesn't leave the yard on Halloween. That's not the image i want portrayed in regards to my hearse. Its not a creepy death wagon. Its a coach built, elegant, dignified automobile (still a death wagon i guess tho haha)

I've been asked to drive people around while they trick or treat. Yea let a bunch of little brats covered in makeup and fake blood have free run of my polished casket floor while my 472 idles for an hour or more? No thanks. The best was a local establishment that stated my hearse was "bad for business in front", then requested i bring it for a Halloween party a few months later?! Needless to say i had "other engagements" (and they don't have to worry about any more business from me. Good or bad...)

Paul Steinberg 10-20-2012 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Stevens (Post 86895)
Dan,
It has been my life long dream to be something, and now I find out I am weird. I would like to try for that collector status soon.
I tried for dirty ol' man but that was already taken.
Mike

:071:

Hershey proved that you are now "the ol' man".... :stars:

Anthony Gaudenti 10-20-2012 11:47 PM

I guess the answer is "no!" LOL.:D


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2009 - 2018 Friends of the Professional Car Society