Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.

Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc. (http://www.professionalcarsociety.org/forums/index.php)
-   For Sale To The Public At Large (http://www.professionalcarsociety.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   1970 Superior Pontiac Consort Ambulance $8500 Offer (http://www.professionalcarsociety.org/forums/showthread.php?t=22315)

Bill Marcy 07-14-2019 08:41 PM

1970 Superior Pontiac Consort Ambulance $8500 Offer

8 Attachment(s)
All of you probably know all about this car, as I have written extensively about it on this forum. I would like to see this car stay with someone here, who understands its rarity and would like to preserve it. I am open to an offer, I might even consider an interesting trade.

I bought this car from Bill Beetschen about a year and a half ago. I want to be honest and tell you everything I know. I don't want anybody being disappointed.

The Good
The car has a good running 6.6 liter engine, transmission is working properly, slightly noisy rear end at 55 and above, brakes and steering are power and work properly, emergency lights and siren work. I spent $4k for some rust repair and a base coat/clear coat paint job. The interior is good.

The Bad
The paint needs to be sanded and buffed. Air conditioning not working. Engine compartment needs detailing. Headliner needs replacement. The speedometer works, the odometer does not. The biggest issue is a weld on the frame using Diamond Plate and I do not know why it needed to be welded.

The car is really a decent driver quality/parade car. Sure, it has some issues, but it is a car that runs and drives well and looks decent. Before I spend any more money on it, I am willing to let it go to a good home. I will consider a sincere offer, or even some sort of a trade. Send a PM, if you are interested.

Bill Marcy 07-14-2019 10:46 PM

More Pics

8 Attachment(s)
A few more shots of it.

Steve Loftin 07-15-2019 11:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
What is this--a shoreline, perhaps?

John ED Renstrom 07-15-2019 11:56 AM

be a nice addition to any fleet or a great first car.

Bill Marcy 07-15-2019 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Loftin (Post 841932656)
What is this--a shoreline, perhaps?

As far as I know, it is an electrical outlet that you can plug into. What you plug in there is up to your individual taste. A coffee pot, a drill, a color tv, whatever.

Paul Steinberg 07-16-2019 04:43 PM

Most likely, it is a junction box to hook up a charger to keep the battery charge at its proper level.

Steve Loftin 07-16-2019 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Marcy (Post 841932662)
As far as I know, it is an electrical outlet that you can plug into. What you plug in there is up to your individual taste. A coffee pot, a drill, a color tv, whatever.

Are you saying that this car has an inverter?

Bill Marcy 07-16-2019 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Loftin (Post 841932671)
Are you saying that this car has an inverter?

I am saying that I don't know. Truthfully, I have no knowledge of such things.

John ED Renstrom 07-16-2019 09:37 PM

Suprises for the new owner to find. Still right on the money for some lucky person

Peter Grave 07-16-2019 10:32 PM

The inverter changes 12 volt DC car battery to 120 volts AC so you can power equipment. We have several in stock removed from newer Ambulances. They are usually mounted behind the front seat under the squad bench or in the case of newer units in a low compartment behind the drivers seat.