shipping from Alaska

i bought an ambulance from alaska, i was wondering if anyone had any experience shipping from alaska to the states? i bought one alaska car before but the owner drove it to arizona for me, so it was easy to get back to chicago. im wondering if anyone has ever shipped from alaska or put a car on the ferry or in a container to get from alaska to the states? any help at all would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

Details!

You think any of us are going to help you without knowing details about the ambulance you bought?? Heck, if you went so far as to post a photo, you'd probably be amazed at the help you'd receive! :D

Kidding aside, just sent you an email...

Mine was put into a tractor trailer and delivered to the states. I had someone in Alaska make the arrangements for me. That person has since moved, however, I do know one other person in Alaska that might be able to help if you let me know what town it is in. I also know of a person on this side that can accept the car for you for a fee for services. The one thing that I learned getting a car from Alaska, is that it can be done, but it is expensive and you have to coordinate everything first. By the time I was done getting it to the states, it was over $1000 and that just brought it into the mainland. Once in the states, it is easy, but expensive to get it to Chicago. It is a big car, and many transporters don't want to put them on the truck as a result. The fellow that I used to move my car from Oregon to the East coast only takes one ambulance at a time on his truck. The trucking company that took my 1978 from Washington State to the East Coast refused the 1969, saying that mine was the last ambulance that they would ever handle. It is the 20' length that is the first problem, and the hight is the second problem.

Excuse me, but............

...Alaska IS one of the states. I think you mean the lower 48 states. :)
Anyway now that I have been a smart alek, congratulations to Darlene on another find! You always manage to sniff out something neat.

...Alaska IS one of the states. I think you mean the lower 48 states. :)
Anyway now that I have been a smart alek, congratulations to Darlene on another find! You always manage to sniff out something neat.

Brady....... I believe that this is the ambulance that Darlene purchased. I briefly considered it, but after jumping through hoops to get one car from the frozen North, I decided that I didn't need that experience again. Besides, I have become very leery of buying cars that I haven't set my eyes on first.

Back