Two car shows, two awards

Terry Lange

PCS Member
Put the Olds in a couple of car shows this weekend.......2nd Annual Apache Wells Car Show in Mesa on Saturday, and the 16th Annual Buick, Oldsmobile, Pontiac Show in Scottsdale on Sunday. Good times, with sunny skies and 80 degrees both days. Kerry also had his '81 H&E Olds 98 convertible in both shows. Since both of our cars are considered "modified" by regular car show standards, we are always able to park together. Also ran into PCS member Len Langlois at the Apache Wells show.

Anyway, I received the award for "Best Oldsmobile" at the Apache Wells show, which was no big deal since there were probably not a lots of Oldsmobiles there. Kerry's Olds got the "Best '80's" award. Sunday in Scottsdale, my coach got 1st place for the "Custom Oldsmobile" class.

Saturday, they were selling a "car length" of 50/50 tickets for $20.00. Everyone who wanted to spring for twenty bucks worth of tickets got dragged down to the Comet Olds since it was the longest car at the show. I should have insisted on a piece of the action, since they made a lot of money off that car! At least it got more exposure than it would have otherwise.

Back