Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.

Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc. (http://www.professionalcarsociety.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion Forum (http://www.professionalcarsociety.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Tpc-183 (http://www.professionalcarsociety.org/forums/showthread.php?t=22497)

Mike McDonald 10-15-2019 07:54 AM

Tpc-183

Just received TPC-183 in the mail. GREAT information and pictures on the
"Evolution of High Top Ambulances". THANKS to Tom McPherson, Walt McCall, Brady Smith (and any others) for all their hard work and sharing their knowledge in this publication. MM :applause:

Abe Bush 10-15-2019 09:51 AM

I agree Mike, I am reading mine from cover to cover, and have reserved the rest of the issue for right after I get home from work tonight. An excellent read! I also found it fascinating that the Guardian ambulance featured an optional "germicidal" ultra violet light in the back that supposedly sanitized the back within minutes!

I also didn't realize until this read that the Guardians also featured electrical ports outside the rig, just under the rear bumper.

After all the hype, M-M executives must have been sadly disappointed with the lackluster sales performance of this flagship offering. I would have loved to be a fly on the wall of potential buyers of this product and their reasoning as to why they didn't pull the trigger on making the purchase; was it the high price, or the appearance of this monstrosity? I'm also curious which was more expensive, the M-M Guardian, or the top of the line S&S Professional hightop.

John ED Renstrom 10-15-2019 11:42 AM

Had the bigger is better mindset of todays services been in place there would be a bunch of them around.

Bill Marcy 10-17-2019 06:00 PM

Tpc 183

TPC arrived yesterday and it is fantastic! In the Letters to the Editor, you can see how much of a gentleman Walt McCall is, by his ownership of an error. We are very fortunate to have Mr McCall and crew doing our magazine.

Daniel Scully 11-03-2019 07:55 PM

Tpc 183

2 Attachment(s)
Speaking of that on page 16 ,is not the 76 a S&S not a Criterion ?

Kurt Arends 11-03-2019 10:37 PM

You are correct.

Noah Dorsey 11-03-2019 11:50 PM

I noticed that too! =P

Abe Bush 11-04-2019 01:14 PM

I noticed the rear tunnels on the "Criterion" looked suspiciously like 71-72 Cadillac headlight bezels, and noticed the limousine style rear glass, but never put 2+2 together other than that. Never dreaming that the editor(s) would miss such a glaring error! To me that would be like the author of a photocopy machine history textbook calling a photocopier a Spirit Duplicator, or calling a mimeograph machine a photocopier! :p

John ED Renstrom 11-04-2019 10:43 PM

You have to remember they are all volunteers.for one error to pop up that this group could point out is not bad.

Peter Grave 11-04-2019 11:42 PM

You know the printer could have mixed pictures up. I think you guys are beating this up too much. The guys are volunteers doing a great job for us cut them some slack.