1977 Dodge Ambulance in CO

the only problem with them was if you were forced to drive you felt like a monkey on a football. then the understeer and body roll took some getting use to but they would go. see the elected for a aftermarket carb and intake instead of pulling the factory one a drilling out the by pass. cold start was alway a challenge with the dodges.

Got to be the first time I have seen a fork as the centre for the star of life,and was the roof emergency lights available in that year??

It has a beacon on top which is covered by some type of shroud in the picture. I could only see it by enlarging the photo. I agree with the fork comment. I don't care for any part of it and yep, I worked out of something very similar.

...and was the roof emergency lights available in that year??
Those "faired-in" emergency lights were a feature of Amliners for a few years. (In the "everything-old-is-new-again" file, this style of lights is now popular for Demers ambulances.) Here's the ad:

Attachments

• ad 77Amliner.jpg
    ad 77Amliner.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 112
Amliner

Older amliners 70's had the enclosed tunnel lights and a "dovetail" spoiler on the roof. I know this type of vehicle well. my partner and I were running code3 to drop off our patient who was in a wheelchair (with a tie down) when he hit a pickup truck broadside. I held onto the patient so he wouldn't get hurt.
But I moved the Oxygen cabinet a few inches.

Russ

Back