1957 Superior at Purkey's Auto Salvage

Kurt Arends

PCS Elected Director 2021-2024
Here are a few photos that I took this week of a '57 Superior cut-down combo at Purkey's Auto Salvage in Coffeyville, KS. This car has lots of good parts to offer and has almost no rust! As you will see, it was cut off at the belt-line and had a home-made wooden camper mounted on it!? Al Purkey can be reached at 620.251.5200 if there is anything that you might need off of this car.
Kurt

Attachments

• 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 703
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 703
  • 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 711
  • 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 689
'57 Superior Cadillac

I should mention that this car does still have the Superior script on both rear quarter panels. Now that's an Okie camper if I've ever seen one!!

'57 Superior at Purkey's

I should mention that the rear bumper on this '57 Superior(Camper!) is no longer available. I picked it up today and it is headed to Northern Minnesota where it will be installed on Jeremy Moberg's '58 Eureka flower car. Glad I could help with this project Jeremy! Anxious to see the car as well!
Kurt

Shipping on hoods is a tough one. I still have 5 good hoods that have not gone anywhere.

Russ,
I have shipped several hoods via truck freight.....

Look up Uship.com..... and you can list your item and get bids on shipping...its kind of like Ebay for freight......

The 3 times I have shipped hoods they were picked up by trucks running freight who had a little extra room on the truck.....and wanted to make a few extra bucks......they wrap it in moving blankets and then set it on end and strap it to a wall......really no big deal.......you just have to agree a delivery point..from the receivers end.......they usually don't want to deliver to your house but like to meet at a Wal Mart parking lot or a truck terminal.....

Hope this helps...
Jim

*ahem* :clubem:

Only if the Okie was a transplant from Iowa!

Actually, I wouldn't mind retiring to Oklahoma eventually. I'd be dangerous if I had access to ten or more acres and all of the old iron that you guys still have laying around down there Steve! Also, city, county, and state government pretty much leaves car collectors alone in Oklahoma and doesn't hassle you over a few parts cars laying around.

Back