Yard Haunt Host Seeks Use Of Hearse

Someone in my area is running an annual Halloween yard haunt. The theme changes each year. This year, it is a haunted graveyard theme. Located in Northridge.

The host asked me to ask if anyone has a hearse they can park at the house, near the driveway.

You can contact the host (Karen) if you are interested at the following email address: Kbachman062203@yahoo.com

Thank you.

its always funny this time of the year when parties are going on how often you get asked hey can you bring your car over.

its always funny this time of the year when parties are going on how often you get asked hey can you bring your car over.

If you own one hearse your are weird if you own 2 you are strange if own more than 3 you are a collector.:yankchain::dancing:

If you own one hearse your are weird if you own 2 you are strange if own more than 3 you are a collector.:yankchain::dancing:

That might be true in some areas, but in my neighborhood, the first hearse made me weird, the second one made me strange, but the third one made me someone to be feared and avoided!

This is the only time of year I get invited anywhere, and I know darn well its the car they are inviting and I just happen to come with it!

I genuinely find it interesting how Halloween has become this enormously popular holiday, and yet society still views anyone who chooses to actually own a hearse as a freak the rest of the year.

Except for a local charity event that asks me to bring a hearse over each year, which is just a couple hours one evening so I stay with the car, and its for charity, my cars otherwise spend the Halloween season locked in the garage. The reason is simple, no one seems to understand the concept that my hearses are collector cars, not Halloween decorations, and I don't care to run the risk of having them treated as just a big prop.

That might be true in some areas, but in my neighborhood, the first hearse made me weird, the second one made me strange, but the third one made me someone to be feared and avoided!

This is the only time of year I get invited anywhere, and I know darn well its the car they are inviting and I just happen to come with it!

I genuinely find it interesting how Halloween has become this enormously popular holiday, and yet society still views anyone who chooses to actually own a hearse as a freak the rest of the year.

Except for a local charity event that asks me to bring a hearse over each year, which is just a couple hours one evening so I stay with the car, and its for charity, my cars otherwise spend the Halloween season locked in the garage. The reason is simple, no one seems to understand the concept that my hearses are collector cars, not Halloween decorations, and I don't care to run the risk of having them treated as just a big prop.

I agree 100%
I have been asked 4 times already if I would rent out the Coach! and 4 times I said ..................NOT ON YOUR LIFE !

I was asked by a local charity if they could use it and again I said NO

I just feel that with so many people who have been in the coach as their last ride over the 23 years it was in service, I don't know it just dosen't feel right to me....maybe its just me.
when I drive it...its always CLEAN ( I never drive it when its dirty) and I never speed in it

its a respect thing I guess

always wanted

Dan,
It has been my life long dream to be something, and now I find out I am weird. I would like to try for that collector status soon.
I tried for dirty ol' man but that was already taken.
Mike

:071:

As Patrick said, I leave mine locked safely in the garage except for the one I take out cruising, but I never let it out of my sight.
I have been asked more times than I can remember about having it sit somewhere. I am not against it, but I come with the car and stay within a few feet from it. For just sitting at a location where no one will touch it I say $50 an hour. If it is to pick someone up or drop them off its $100 per person per stop plus gas. That usually puts an end to the conversation. They tell me its way to expensive. Well, you dont want it that bad then. They just dont understand that not only am I displaying a collector car but you also have to pay for MY time.

I also like the comment Patrick made about how everyone thinks you are a freak every other time of year, but in October you are popular and everyone wants to be your friend. That is sooo true.

So true about being a weirdo any other time, yet October 31st your the coolest cat in town. I too refuse any and all requests to use my coach as a prop. My coach doesn't leave the yard on Halloween. That's not the image i want portrayed in regards to my hearse. Its not a creepy death wagon. Its a coach built, elegant, dignified automobile (still a death wagon i guess tho haha)

I've been asked to drive people around while they trick or treat. Yea let a bunch of little brats covered in makeup and fake blood have free run of my polished casket floor while my 472 idles for an hour or more? No thanks. The best was a local establishment that stated my hearse was "bad for business in front", then requested i bring it for a Halloween party a few months later?! Needless to say i had "other engagements" (and they don't have to worry about any more business from me. Good or bad...)

Dan,
It has been my life long dream to be something, and now I find out I am weird. I would like to try for that collector status soon.
I tried for dirty ol' man but that was already taken.
Mike

:071:

Hershey proved that you are now "the ol' man".... :stars:

I guess the answer is "no!" LOL.:D

The answer might not be a no Anthony. You have only had this listed for a day now and there have not been very many responses. People are different about their cars. Everyone has a different idea of what is right or wrong to do with their coaches. You never know. You might find someone in your area willing to help you out and then again, you might not. I agree though that from the responses so far, I would say that it is not looking good.

Anthony: Im not sure how many people from Southern Calif are on this site. Perhaps letting the Phantom Coaches people in that area know might be a good idea.

People view props as a toy, or playground. They will crawl all over the car, or go into it. For that reason alone, I dont do adult parties with my cars.

People view props as a toy, or playground. They will crawl all over the car, or go into it. For that reason alone, I dont do adult parties with my cars.

Yea dont get me wrong, im all about Halloween. My yard is the talk of the town this tine of year. Im "corpsing" some skeletons as we speak haha! But my coach isnt a "prop". Its a great addition to the yard. But no one touches it. No one gets near it!

Here are a few youtube videos of the haunt...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GUbDRKhyt0[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3o-BsIcOIbo[/ame]

You can contact the host at 818-321-8359

Like some others, I don't do adult parties. Usually because of alcohol and stumbling drunks. I do our local volunteer fire department because it is one of their biggest fund raisers and I have also done for a safe shelter for battered women.
If I'm using my 85 Eureka, I am no more that 20-30 feet away, the whole time!

This is from a couple of years ago.We'll do it this year if it isn't too cold.The neighborhood kids loved it,the parents were interested but a little creeped out around the edges.

Attachments

• Happy Hallowe'en.jpg
    Happy Hallowe'en.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 100
I owned my '73 Superior from '93 'till '05.

So, for 12 years, I used mine for haunted houses and for Halloween at the house. As so many posted, I was always aware of who was near the coach and who was doing whatever close to my coach. Once I hauled 7 or 8 Cub Scouts to a local haunted house one year in the back of my hearse so that they could work the haunted house (a 100% charity haunted house). These kids were being kids, but they were all respectful of the car and respectful of what it was. I had no issues driving them through downtown Pittsburgh to the haunted house.

I can totally understand the people that do not want their hearses as *props* in a Halloween setting. On the other hand, my hearse was used as a *prop* for a weekend or two and then again at any PCS event, when it was just another judged coach.

I have never advertised the PCS at the more controversial events that I attend, but at the PCS endorsed shows, I was always professional, showing what the PCS stands for and who we are.

Back