1953 Chevrolet - $16500 (Western Mass.

1953 Chevrolet - $16500 (Western Mass.

https://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/cto/d/feeding-hills-1953-chevrolet/6850686705.html

Very very Rare, unrestored original Chevrolet factory built ambulance, complete with lights, siren, two way radio, stretcher, jump seat, etc. etc. California car with California title, movie car, registered with the IMDB (internet movie car data base). Runs and drives excellent. You won't find another one at twice the price. Serious inquiries only. Calls only please, NO TEXTS, Call 413 204-6179

Attachments

• 53c.jpg
    53c.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 416
I love this car! If it is 75, or 80% of what the seller says, as far as condition, it looks like a good deal!

March is sure 6 cylinder Chevie month. If one considers the cost of restoration on any of the other examples this one is the best deal. If it were me I would go with Eds Pontiac as its an 8 the Chevies were so under powered.When I was a kid my mother worked at a school for problem kids. In lieu of a small bus they purchased a Stageway Chevie Airporter eight yes eight doors. They had used 38 to 41 Buick Limiteds before and the Airporter was a new adventure in slow. Loaded with the bigger kids local hills became a challange double clutching back to first gear. I used to go to the garage and sit behind the wheel of one of the Buicks and dream of going down the road behind the wheel of one,the Chevie was too long for the garage so it sat out. Yes 26 years later I answered an ad in a local paper and bought the schools 41 Buick still beautiful and my kids dream came true.

What became of the Limited Pete? I would much rather have one of those than a '39-'41 Cadillac Series 75 or 90, personally.

The Limited was sold to Dick Scott in Ca in the 70s he came here picked it up and drove it to Ca. without it skipping a beat. The only reason I sold it was it was a division window car and very uncomfortable for me at 6 foot 3 inches to drive my leg would knock it out of gear when going for the brake. Still have two other 41 Buicks a century fast back and a Roadmaster convert. Buicks are my second favorite after Packard.

Back