The S&S Photo Thread

Josh Gentry

PCS Member
I'll start this one off with a 1970 S&S sales brosure, and a pic of the 81 S&S Victoria that I use to owne. Man that was a great car.

Josh Gentry Photos

Attachments

• ads 001.jpg
    ads 001.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 3,035
  • ads.jpg
    ads.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 2,941
  • Victoria.jpg
    Victoria.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 2,997
My New Baby!

Just purchased this one today in Nevada, Iowa. This '75 Victoria 3-way was originally "Terragon Gold"(light metallic green) with "Maharajah Jasper Green" cloth interior. The rear floor also has the same green Maharajah cloth, which really gets obnoxious! The table still has its factory carpet. The car is documented as having 31,000 actual miles! This car has always been funeral director owned and has always been in Iowa, even since taken out of service around 8 years ago. Unfortunately, the owner that owned it up until 6 months ago left it sit outside, which caused the black lacquer re-paint to turn to crap. The original vinyl top is perfect! The car rides and drives like a 31,000 mile car should. None of the expected old Cadillac exhaust manifold or lifter noise! No rust holes or previous repairs anywhere! This one is going to be my guinnea pig for practicing my buffing skills. I figure that I can't screw that paint job up too badly!

Attachments

• salvage photos 231.jpg
    salvage photos 231.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 2,888
  • salvage photos 232.jpg
    salvage photos 232.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 2,923
  • salvage photos 233.jpg
    salvage photos 233.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 2,768
  • salvage photos 234.jpg
    salvage photos 234.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 2,577
  • salvage photos 235.jpg
    salvage photos 235.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 2,776
Just purchased this one today in Nevada, Iowa. This '75 Victoria 3-way was originally "Terragon Gold"(light metallic green) with "Maharajah Jasper Green" cloth interior. The rear floor also has the same green Maharajah cloth, which really gets obnoxious! The table still has its factory carpet. The car is documented as having 31,000 actual miles! This car has always been funeral director owned and has always been in Iowa, even since taken out of service around 8 years ago. Unfortunately, the owner that owned it up until 6 months ago left it sit outside, which caused the black lacquer re-paint to turn to crap. The original vinyl top is perfect! The car rides and drives like a 31,000 mile car should. None of the expected old Cadillac exhaust manifold or lifter noise! No rust holes or previous repairs anywhere! This one is going to be my guinnea pig for practicing my buffing skills. I figure that I can't screw that paint job up too badly!

The car needs to be repainted Inverness Green. I think the interior looks good! Nice find Kurt.

I like the idea of taking back to a green again! Just don't think that I could do the "Terragon Gold", which is kind of a celery green. That interior is waaaay over the top!

Here's my '73.More pics in the photo section

Attachments

• Happy Hallowe'en.jpg
    Happy Hallowe'en.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 2,209
  • Miss Thing 028.jpg
    Miss Thing 028.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 2,081

The owner before Shannon was Mitchell Family Funeral Home, It was perfect when they got it and it went down hill fast, he sold it to Shannon, and I have debated on buying it for a few years now, but it has sat so long, and getting pretty rough I didnt want to take it on. Im glad to know it went to a PCS member. If I got it I was planning on having it painted a dark green. Here is a few pics from when it was nice, I took these in March 2006, which except to move it around was pretty much the last time it was driven.
1975 S&S 3 way 1.jpg

1975 S&S 3 way 2.jpg

1975 S&S 3 way 3.jpg

For '71-'76, S&S is best!

Kurt, congrats on the '75. That interior is perfect! It does scream for a green paint job, but as seen in John's pictures it looked good in black, too. I just love the '71-'76 S&S coaches. Amazing profile. The ambulances have me on overload! :thumb:

Nothing has really suffered on this car, other than the paint. There are no rust issues at all, but that lacquer will have to be stripped off prior to re-paint. It is still a 31,000 mile car that runs and drives like new. I drove it about 10 miles. The vinyl top is still perfect and the interior is still like new. I don't see this one as being "rough" at all. It's total list of needs amounts to a muffler, 4 new tires, and a paint job. I've seen a lot of rough cars...... this is not one of them. Shannon actually sold it about 6 months ago to a Funeral Director in Nevada, IA.

Nothing has really suffered on this car, other than the paint. There are no rust issues at all, but that lacquer will have to be stripped off prior to re-paint. It is still a 31,000 mile car that runs and drives like new. I drove it about 10 miles. The vinyl top is still perfect and the interior is still like new. I don't see this one as being "rough" at all. It's total list of needs amounts to a muffler, 4 new tires, and a paint job. I've seen a lot of rough cars...... this is not one of them. Shannon actually sold it about 6 months ago to a Funeral Director in Nevada, IA.

If you took this as me saying the car was not worth buying, its not what I meant, it was well worth what you paid and more! Let me try to explain it better, You are correct it has no rust issues, or dents and the interior is perfect and well worth painting, but that is the problem with opinion of condition, one persons rough is anothers very nice. I do agree it is a nice car, but I cannot do the paint work myself, so I consider it rough and do not have the money needed to repaint so I passed on it, I prefer mine already done.but you have to remember alot of people think my cars are beautiful, I think they are in poor condition, some being to the point of winter beaters. Just look at Tony Karsnias Paramount to see what else I passed on. This is the only reason I passed on the S&S:
1975 S&S 3 way 8.jpg

1975 S&S 3 way 9.jpg

The most important thing to me in looking at any '74 thru '76 coach is what it looks like when you get down on your knees and eye-ball the lower fenders, doors, and quarter panels. Most of these old girls that spent their lives in the Mid-West look like a roller coaster on these lower panels, even when they are "done". I would far rather buy a car showing all of her sins but no real rust than buy a car that is "done", but should really be stripped back down and "re-done" correctly. I would never even consider buying a '74 thru '76 hearse of any kind that had real rust issues or poor quality previous rust repairs. They just aren't worth putting that kind of money into. I had to act quickly to save this one as all of the Goth idiots were calling him wanting to park it in their front yards!!

The most important thing to me in looking at any '74 thru '76 coach is what it looks like when you get down on your knees and eye-ball the lower fenders, doors, and quarter panels. Most of these old girls that spent their lives in the Mid-West look like a roller coaster on these lower panels, even when they are "done". I would far rather buy a car showing all of her sins but no real rust than buy a car that is "done", but should really be stripped back down and "re-done" correctly. I would never even consider buying a '74 thru '76 hearse of any kind that had real rust issues or poor quality previous rust repairs. They just aren't worth putting that kind of money into. I had to act quickly to save this one as all of the Goth idiots were calling him wanting to park it in their front yards!!

Good point. I do know the undercarrage of this coach is like new! So, what color is it going to be, the original gold, black, green, or ???

How's "Inveraray Green" sound?? Not sure where the name comes from.? You'll have to look it up on the '75 Cadillac color chart. It is a very dark green.

This is a picture of my other 73 that was taken by Steve Lichtman some years ago...
For the sake of truth, justice, and the American way, that pic was taken by Steve Loftin, though my father owned the car at the time.

Glad it's coming along, Bruce, it was too nice to leave to deteriorate.

Ok, i was trying to keep this to myself until I got the car home, but sence we are talking about green, Here are a couple pics of my new 73 S&S Victoria end-loader that I bought from PCS member Mike Robison a week or so ago. These are scanned pics that Mike sent me in the mail, so I'll get some better pics when I get it home. Mike was the second owner of this car, it has 50,000 miles on it, and has had one repaint, and was repainted in the original shade of green. The car is originaly from Nebraska.

Josh

Attachments

• 73 S&S.jpg
    73 S&S.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 885
  • 73 S&S 002.jpg
    73 S&S 002.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 852
  • 73 S&S 001.jpg
    73 S&S 001.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 854
1956 S&S Superline