Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.

Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc. (http://www.professionalcarsociety.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion Forum (http://www.professionalcarsociety.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   In the mail........... (http://www.professionalcarsociety.org/forums/showthread.php?t=932)

Charles E Snyder, II 09-14-2009 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeremy D. Ledford (Post 6754)
WOW! Wonder what kinda historical photographs those are!?!?!?!?:rolleyes::eek::p:D

Hmmm... Jeremy, don't tell me you don't know what pictures he is talking about. Your name was mentioned quite a few times in this issue. You wrote a really good article.

Brendan Martin 09-14-2009 04:55 PM

I just received my copy of TPC 132 today. It looks great. Thanks to everyone who worked so hard on this great magazine!

Joe Melanson 09-14-2009 05:43 PM

INCREDIBLE!!

It just arrived, you all out did yourselves!! I don't want to spoil the beauty of it for anyone but I do have to say:

Somebody up there likes me - A whole section on Nationals!!!

I have to leave out of town for a couple of days and I now have reading to take with me.

Thanks Brady and everyone involved. Great job.

John ED Renstrom 09-14-2009 07:33 PM

hay the pack train arrived here to. its people willing to share there finds that make this club great. vary good job and thanks to all that shared there stuff so it could go out. the final assembly center fold looks so much different then the one at GM plant in flint. you would think they were repairing cars not building them. yes it's the 50s look how dark it is in there.

Mike Stevens 09-14-2009 08:58 PM

how dark and...

How dark is it in the old AJ Miller building. Remember it is an old picture. The MM Chapter just visited the site and got inside this very building. While not lit by modern vapor lights or hundreds of fluoresent bulbs the large windows let in a great amount of light. We were also informed that the front 3 story section of the Miller building will be razed as soon as your tax dollars (stimulus money) get to the powers that be in the local area. One more piece of procar history just waiting to bite the dust.
I read this one cover to cover like any other copy of The Professional Car. Then I looked at the pictures again. Then again. Truly one of the best issues we have had in our hands. Many thanks to one and all involved in getting this issue to print. Absolutely a great job!
Mike

Rick Franklin 09-14-2009 10:34 PM

I hope Jeff Hookway got my renewal in time to keep me on the mailing list

John Burchfield 09-15-2009 02:10 AM

I got my #132 today-er, well, yesterday (Monday). I do need to get to bed! Great find on those Miller photos, Jeremy! Thanks for sharing them with us. Unexpected treasures like these (as well as the National article by Rich Litton-haven't finished that one yet) are what makes the arrival of the magazine exciting. I remember how exciting it was when I joined PCS in the early 80s to get a new issue, before the "instant internet" era of today. It's nice to see not EVERYTHING related to our favorite cars isn't first available on the web! :D

Richard Vyse 09-15-2009 09:42 AM

What can one say, "AWESOME" as ususal. Great job! I throughly enjoyed reasing Tom McPhersons's article. :thumbsup:

Paul Steinberg 09-15-2009 09:53 AM

This issue is even greater than the last. If you are not a dues paying member of the PCS receiving this fantastic magazine, you have no idea what you are missing. There aren't words to describe it. It is just fantastic, and there is not one bit of a Tennessee twang to Jeremy's article. :thumbsup:

Mike McDonald 09-15-2009 12:02 PM

Ditto

Paul: DITTO from CA!..... the NON National PCS'ers don't know what they are missing! Great articles and pictures ALWAYS! MM