1980 Cadillac Fleetwood limousine

Kevin M. Parkinson

PCS Life Member
Here is the newest addition to both my Cadillac and Professional Car collection. It is a 1980 Cadillac Fleetwood eight passenger limousine. It is a non-divider car. It has 36,049 original miles and has always been privately owned. It runs and drives as smooth as a brand new 1980 Cadillac. It has the factory original belts and hoses. The black velour interior is in near mint condition. The first previous owner had it parked outside for 8 months. The paint needs help in a few areas. I have not had the chance to clean it yet. This will be a good family car for going to shows and events.

Thank you to Andrew Zajkowski for letting me know about this car. Thank you to Brad Ross for all of your help with checking out the car, purchase details, and smooth removal from Lincoln Park, MI.

Handsome car, Kevin! I'd love to see some more photos of the exterior and interior. Quite similar to my '83 Fleetwood limousine.

Attachments

• IMG_1641_5_1_1.jpg
    IMG_1641_5_1_1.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 2,373
now that it I'm starting to see a trend here. could it be that your partial to long and black? looks like you have added a nice one to the fleet.

Great addition to your fleet! I had two 1980's, a Sedan deVille and a Superior Regal Coach, both were excellent vehicles which we ran for a long time. Good engines and transmissions in these cars. Best of Luck!

Kevin, congratulations on that fine car. It is exactly like my mom(deceased) & dad's car. They bought it new in 1980, Black on Black on Black. It currently has 109,000 miles on it and it still runs like a top. I am not sure you could get a divider window in that car. It seemed my parents wanted one, but was not available that way. I COULD BE TOTALLY WRONG ABOUT THAT! I always have liked that car.

Way to go!!!

Kevin, Apparently there's a time limit for editing. I didn't realize how large my photo would be and felt like I was "hijacking" your thread, sorry about that! Was going to remove my limo's photo but I can't seem to now.

Kevin, congratulations on that fine car. It is exactly like my mom(deceased) & dad's car. They bought it new in 1980, Black on Black on Black. It currently has 109,000 miles on it and it still runs like a top. I am not sure you could get a divider window in that car. It seemed my parents wanted one, but was not available that way. I COULD BE TOTALLY WRONG ABOUT THAT! I always have liked that car.

Way to go!!!

Mike, these cars in fact, continued to be offered with and without division glass for the 1977-84 model years. The "Seventy-Five" designation was dropped and the models were called "Fleetwood Limousine" and "Fleetwood Formal Limousine," replacing the previous "Fleetwood Seventy-Five Sedan" and "F. S-F. Limousine" model names. I've maybe seen one '77-'79 Formal and no '80-'84 Formals, though I do recall a triple black '83 or '84 Formal for sale on an online site recently. The division glass in these later models was a (gasp!) manual glass window that slid horizontally, much like those that were optional in pickups.

Mike, these cars in fact, continued to be offered with and without division glass for the 1977-84 model years. The "Seventy-Five" designation was dropped and the models were called "Fleetwood Limousine" and "Fleetwood Formal Limousine," replacing the previous "Fleetwood Seventy-Five Sedan" and "F. S-F. Limousine" model names. I've maybe seen one '77-'79 Formal and no '80-'84 Formals, though I do recall a triple black '83 or '84 Formal for sale on an online site recently. The division glass in these later models was a (gasp!) manual glass window that slid horizontally, much like those that were optional in pickups.

I almost bought a 85 or 86 Fleetwood limo yes, FWD, and it had sliding division glass like what is used in our coaches.

Kevin, Apparently there's a time limit for editing. I didn't realize how large my photo would be and felt like I was "hijacking" your thread, sorry about that! Was going to remove my limo's photo but I can't seem to now.

Don't worry for a second! Your picture fits perfectly and I'm glad to see it. I'd like to see a picture added of every factory 1980-1984 Cadillac Fleetwood Limousine and Fleetwood Formal Limousine in the PCS.

Thanks Kevin! I'll have to say that after reading Walt McCall's recent Fleetwood 75 book I gained more respect for our "downsized limos." Apparently the smaller D bodies were still largely built by hand in the Clark Ave. plant. I think that helped these "flagships of the fleet" (as Cadillac called them for several years in their sales literature) overcome many of the shortcomings of American cars of the late 70s/early 80s. I'm talking about so-so build quality, thin paint, fragile parts, etc. The fit & finish on my '83 is quite good, and the feel of the doors closing firmly against the body feels wonderfully tight and solid! Your '80 has a probably better setup with the 368/4bbl carb. than the subsequent V8-6-4/TBI arrangement. Knocking on wood, I haven't had much trouble with my engine though.

Congratulations Kevin, looks like a nice car! We had an '80 Flower Car that we took to the meet in Fort Wayne back in '95, it ran beautiful and it looked nice too! You are building a nice collection, enjoy!

The reason for the sliding partition is the rear a/c setup. On the formal cars from 77-up. The rear ac vents and ducts are in the panel behind the drivers seat and cold air exits right below the divider, leaving no room to raise and lower a partition glass.

The Fleetwood 75 sedans have no rear ac outlets at all. I have seen a few 75s at funeral homes in this part of the country with auxilliary rear ac units installed in the package shelf, much like in a 6 door.

Kevin

Another cool Cadillac for the Parkinson Collection !!!

Way to go ! :thumb:

I guess that is what you will be driving to Dwayne's BBQ in
April eh !?

I will see it then if not sooner.

Thanks for the heads up today.

Found in Lincoln Park MI ! I am in Lincoln Park often ! ...and was last Sunday and Monday too.

Hey... I didn't see any extra parking spots when I was there a few weeks ago... where is it parked ?
I guess the new garage will be going up this summer !

Enjoy the ride,
Darren

I love the idea of him using it occasionally to take his kids to school. That will make some memories that are irreplacable. All the other kids saying to his sons: " Wow, your dad has some way cool cars..."

Back