It never rains - it pours.

I had my 1970 Superior in the shop for new control arm bushings. God only knows what the hell they did, but it's making an awful knock now. They swear it was always doing it... riiiiiight. To my ear, it sounds like it spun a bearing - or maybe a cracked flywheel. Dropped it off at a different shop this afternoon to diagnose which one. I hate not having the facilities to do this kind of thing myself. Whether it be this car, or any other I have ever owned, I can honestly say I have YET to find a mechanic I can fully trust that will not cut corners and will give my car the same care and attention I would.

I am very fortunate to have within a three mile distance of car lot a great body shop and a great mechanic, also have decent tire guy and very good exhaust guy who is not scared to take the manifolds off and drill out broke bolts and is great at running pipes the way you want.

It is now 3 months later, and I am still wondering what the "other" shop has determined to be the problem...

finding the good ones

James,
Have you heard of CarTalk? Tom and Ray are mechanics with a weekly radio show. They are on public radio on Saturdays here. Go to cartalk.com and they have a site with rated shops to help you find good mechanics in your area. The shops are rated and recommended by the radio listeners. Nothing like having the opinion of hundreds or thousands of customers to help you decide on this matter.
Hope it works for you.
Mike
61 M-M:myopinion:

Back