Horse Drawn Hearse On The News

Bill Marcy

PCS Member
Did anybody notice the white horse drawn hearse carrying the body of Macho Comacho on the news? It seems curious that they used a white one, doesn't it? I always thought that children and woman rode in white horse drawn hearses. Perhaps it is different for different cultures. Can anyone shed a little light on the subject?

Attachments

• 113012MachoCamacho.jpg
    113012MachoCamacho.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 231
white carriage

thought so too. maybe somebody else didnt know proper etiquette. a procession of procars and hot rods would take me out in style!

Would love to see more pictures of that white hearse,and the way the horses are decked out, has to be a custom,something like a celebration of life hereafter,they are very religious and put great emphasis on family and prayer.Not so sure of the guy with the flag,oh well diversity makes us greater.

it being white is probably the same reason most hearses are white now. Many people think black is a "morbid" color and they are moving away from it.
Yes, I have actually had people (and funeral directors) tell me "Im glad yours is not black, thats such a morbid color". I even know of some funeral homes that the directors are not allowed to wear a black suit because its such a negative color and some take offense to it.
Never thought a color could be morbid, but I guess so. Although I do like a hearse of a different color, nothing to me says dignity like a CLEAN, polished black coach with gleaming chrome.
I like the old tradition that white was reserved for women and children.

I think it is very elegant looking. I was only curious about the white on such a coach, but I can understand what you guys are saying.

Well it was his SECOND funeral in about as many days. I don't know if the color had much to do with tradition, but I'm sure the white makes it look like a more peaceful, after such a violent way to die.
My mother -in-law is from Puerto Rico, and she won't come out to my barn where my hearse sits, but she has her husband in a urn in the living room(front) room.
But it was a nice Nurican funeral.

Back