How I Spent My Weekend

Ron Devies

PCS Ohio Chapter President, PCS Vice President
Recently, when Kyle sold his house, I had to sell the awning the fat girl was kept under. I didn't have any room on my property and quite frankly and awning does not keep a large car clean. As luck would have it a local businessman offered me space in a really nice barn where he keeps his cars. So this weekend I have spent cleaning up this beast of a car. One coat of Meguires Cleaning Wax and one coat of Meguires Carnuba Wax and a WHOLE lot of sweat. Here are the results.

Attachments

• IMG_0993.jpg
    IMG_0993.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 317
  • IMG_0994.jpg
    IMG_0994.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 307
  • IMG_0995.jpg
    IMG_0995.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 310
Ron,
Now I think you need a Dodge "Fat Boy" to sit next to your Chevy "Fat Girl"!

You know I have thought about that. Occasionally I will see one for sale, they are even uglier than the Chevy's. Maybe I could mate them and make ambulettes.

You know I have thought about that. Occasionally I will see one for sale, they are even uglier than the Chevy's. Maybe I could mate them and make ambulettes.

Well.......... you know where you can find one today in Kansas City! I am sure that Eric would be thrilled to sell it!

How about better pictures Ron? The three posted are small and dark. We want to see your fat girl up close..:)

Yes I was disappointed in how the pics came out. Maybe today I will try and get some better ones if the day allows.

Well.......... you know where you can find one today in Kansas City! I am sure that Eric would be thrilled to sell it!

Hmmm, now you got me thinking Kurt. You saw that car, anything major it needed? If memory serves me it had the solid driver side where as mine is windows all the way around.

Here ya go! Just needs LOTS of buffing!!

Attachments

• 934_IMG_0968.jpg
    934_IMG_0968.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 188
  • 934_IMG_0969.jpg
    934_IMG_0969.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 173
  • 934_IMG_0970.jpg
    934_IMG_0970.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 173
I would at least talk to him before he strips it! You know what it sold for!

Last edited:
Here ya go! Just needs LOTS of buffing!!

Those things had to be really hard to safely control when driving, I can't imagine going around a curve in one at any kind of speed at all. I'll bet they tipped over easily! Probably would have been so much cheaper to just sell modular instead of cutting a van down the middle. What were they thinking!

Those things had to be really hard to safely control when driving, I can't imagine going around a curve in one at any kind of speed at all. I'll bet they tipped over easily! Probably would have been so much cheaper to just sell modular instead of cutting a van down the middle. What were they thinking!

Actually quite the opposite Abe. Given it was spread out, so to say, it actually was NOT top heavy. I drove conventional high top vans and the normal raised roof van was top heavy. The 61" we actually put up on the front line when it snowed or became icy because they handled so well.

looking at the rust streaks coming down that top I can tell you that fiber glass doesn't rust. all that was from the tin on the roof

Yup. All of those rust stains on all of those cars was a result of being stored in a building that was a total P.O.S. I would imagine that the building will be leveled.

Will the "Fat One" be making a guest appearance in Castalia with us on July 17th.??? Jan said she sent you an application.

Got it, official answer as of now is I don't know yet.

On the matter of the fiberglass, how easy would it be to clean that rust off? I think the rest of it would clean up nicely

The best way to remove rust, is with a product called "Iron Out". Add that to the water, and it will remove the most stubborn rust stains. Once cleaned a pillow case that was badly stained with rust from being left in the linen cabinet of an ambulance that had a major roof leak. After going through the washing machine with Iron Out in the water, the rust stains disappeared. Unlike chlorine bleach, it doesn't damage the fabric.

Back