1970 Superior Pontiac Ambulance

David Henry

PCS Member
"1970 Pontiac Bonneville Superior Coach Ambulance. The real deal and really complete down to the orig gurney in the back! this ambulance has the 455 big block and 400 trans. Look it over! all the lights work, tires are good, really straight and complete.
Does it run? Oh yes....power steering, power brakes, i was told a/c even works but havent figured out how to turn it on , the back is replete with jump seats, chrome grab bars, drawers, gurney, etc, etc. come see and drive to believe! I've driven it down the highway myself, power steering and brakes and cruises at 80 with no issues. It's an absolute show stopper in it's present condition! These old superior coaches always draw a crowd at any show or meet.
this one is ready to go! hit button for info. no trades and dont ask me about codes, numbers etc. this thing is factory orig.
Bonded title enroute. $8,500.00 firm"

Ya I think this is going to sit for a bit at that price

Attachments

• IMG_3707.JPG
    IMG_3707.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 587
you would really have to want it. then you need to go look it over and drive it. if it is as good a car as he says 8 grand for it would not be bad. if all you needed to do is spend the 6 grand to paint it. and clean up the interior. but if you need to do a lot of plating and work inside then you better think about your skill level. it at least 5 grand to do a interior if you R&R it 10 if some one else does.

now this one would not have a lot of plating to do. but you can figure 3 to 4 hundred for each bumper.

but still if you want one 8500 for a jump in a drive home might be worth you time to look at it. I'm going to have twice that in this 67 combo. by the time we get done and I gave a 4th of that for the car.

I recognize this ambulance, it was offered to me a number of years ago for $900, and when I asked for additional pictures, I was told that it had already sold. Glad that I didn't say yes based on one picture of the car under a tree. The story was that the owner died, and the widow wanted the car out of the back yard. Supposedly, it was packed with lots of "junk", and sat for many years in the same place.

Looks to be more weathered than rotted. Very solid looking in the photos, as it would be if it spent its life in that part of the woods. Needs a set of Bonneville skirts!

I just went back to the original thread, and read all the comments about that car that were posted in 2011. That is one of the great things about these forums. These forums are the "history book" to find the previous discussions and the facts about the cars when they resurface on the market place many years later, or as in this case 6 years later. My personal thanks to Steve Loftin for his excellent memory to recall these older postings, and bringing them to our attention along with his knowledge of many of these old professional cars, and where they originally saw service. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Paul

This depends on where you are coming from and want a Pontiac.If you are an ED you enjoy the restoration (bringing it back) and many folks do. I have brought a few back and have a couple of more I hope to get done before the last ride. BUT if you like shows parades club events etc. then buy one thats done a save yourself a lot of grief. Bill Marcy has the 68 for sale its done ready to enjoy no ulcers or grief just turn the key and go, Not my god where can I find a *****? This is a choice depends on who and what YOU are and want a PONTIAC.

truer words were never spoken. first you have to want it second you have to be able to do the necessary repairs. either your self or the ability to pay someone else. but really there are two cars begin shown here, this poncho and the high top MM. both of them body and interior wise need the same work done on them
but as one is not as weather one has more appeal. but from my prospective they are both the same

Back