trip north today

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
the VA in there wisdom sent me packing 110 miles one way for a 15 min console. you get use to it. when you lice out here. but Kandy stayed home with the dogs so we swing by the Caddy yard to pick up a few things. Dan was i his they have up my taxes mood so it was pay his asking price today or go home empty handed. he is is explanation how the top side lights on this 72 he got for free are gold with a nickle plating. i could have bought this car for 500 bucks and drove it home in 2000 but no I passed beside a had a decent 72 Olds hightop then we remembered to picked up a piece off this one. it had gold contacts. all in all not a bad haul just expensive day. we did not have a drill with us so we need to go back up and get the housings. if you want to see a thunderstorm check out the ride home here https://www.dropshots.com/jer57747/date/2017-06-10/02:57:26 pay no attention to the date the dash came is off about 17 days you got to love sitting and looking out over the original lacquer paint nothing beats that shine.

now to figure out the lens that MM used.

Attachments

• IMG_7665.jpg
    IMG_7665.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_7667.jpg
    IMG_7667.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_7668.jpg
    IMG_7668.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_7669.jpg
    IMG_7669.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_7670.jpg
    IMG_7670.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_7680.jpg
    IMG_7680.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_7681.jpg
    IMG_7681.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_7682.jpg
    IMG_7682.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 136
How rusty did you say those lower doors are? I have never been opposed to a road trip for old car parts! What better reason for a trip??

Rear bumper on that ambulance still appears to be in good order. Long way to go but shows you they are still out there hidden away.

Right center is gone on the lower end. The cut it away to start the fix and stopped there. The other 4 are good most of the trim is not there any more. Pulled off long age. The interier in the rear is gutted. Rear bumper is in great shape. With center step. Dan would let it go for a grand or so.
The problem he is into is the city is moving out around him. There are about 5 yards here one u pull it and the rest normal type yards. The are re doing the street out front and raising taxes as the city swallowed up the ag land for new car show rooms. Insurance will not allow any one to walk out in the yard so he will take me and a few old customers out but it's a run out and grab thing. I knew the name tags were in the back ad I had placed them there a couple years ago when I visited and found them on the ground.

So today he was in a mood of you want it I got it you will pay for it. Those of us the walk the yards know that drill.

Back