Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.

Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc. (http://www.professionalcarsociety.org/forums/index.php)
-   For Sale To The Public At Large (http://www.professionalcarsociety.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   '65/'66 NOS Commercial Chassis Quarter Panels (http://www.professionalcarsociety.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8484)

Kurt Arends 04-14-2012 03:44 PM

'65/'66 NOS Commercial Chassis Quarter Panels

3 Attachment(s)
I have a pair of NOS '65/'66 Cadillac commercial chassis quarter panels that I would be willing to sell. These are NOS and not something that has been cut off of a car. My price is $2000 for the pair. I assume that this is probably the only pair of these available in this country. I would entertain a possible trade. I am sure that this will seem rediculously high to some of you, but try to find another NOS pair. I am also not in a hurry to sell them as I know that I will have a use for them after they are gone. Let me know if interested.

John ED Renstrom 04-14-2012 10:18 PM

so what body did they come off from??

Kurt Arends 04-15-2012 01:42 PM

'65/'66 Quarter Panels

They didn't. They have never been on a coach.

Daniel Scully 04-15-2012 09:51 PM

1/4 Panels

Quote:

They didn't. They have never been on a coach.
Kurt, I think Ed means what coach builder did they come from? Did the 1/4 panels have to come from each coach builder or where these avaible from GM?

John ED Renstrom 04-15-2012 10:33 PM

who knows but the top seam would be the only difference if there was one. there is some question as to weather or not superior did the stamping for everyone they did have the big press. I have never seen a pictures of a CC being delivered with quarters bundled on the chassis. but if you had one rusted out you could always do the cut and splice thing. the trouble is this body did not rust in the quarters due to the way it was constructed with the lower panels exposed. but it was a good find if you have one damaged. I always hated to replace one it's a lot of work. give us a shot of the back side can you.

John ED Renstrom 04-15-2012 10:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
looking at my pictures I can say they are not superior stamping or at least not 66 superior

Kurt Arends 04-16-2012 08:51 AM

'65/'66 Quarter Panels

Ed,
I am 90% sure that these are Miller Meteor quarter panels. I just checked my Miller Meteor book. I will get some photos taken of the back sides next weekend when I return home.

Jeremy D. Ledford 04-16-2012 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurt Arends (Post 70336)
Ed,
I am 90% sure that these are Miller Meteor quarter panels. I just checked my Miller Meteor book. I will get some photos taken of the back sides next weekend when I return home.

I do believe these are Miller-Meteor as well.

John ED Renstrom 04-16-2012 10:31 AM

here is the thing about loose panels. it all most impossible to mate them up once the label is off. take a good look at the pictures I posted of Jim's 66 superior and tell me what is different on the car then the loose panel. those quarters are worth some money but only from the man needing one for the car they fit. then you recall how fast Keven showed me the error of my ways on the bumper ends. education comes at a cost. just because it looks the same doesn't make it so.

Kurt Arends 04-16-2012 07:24 PM

Yes, the difference between the Miller Meteor and Superior quarter panels is very clear. I assume that there has to be a '65/'66 Miller Meteor flower car or ambulance out there that is in desperate need of these!