1970 superior ambulance parts?

John Zicha

PCS Member / EMT / PARAMEDIC
I'm looking for a couple parts that would strictly be superior coach builders
Trim above the rear windows on both sides (these seem to be the same with Caddys Pontiacs etc.?
ANYTHING that would go in the back which would be part of the conversion. We have almost nothing original in the back of the car. Mounts, stretcher, curtains etc..

As posted elsewhere, I have almost completed the interior of my 1976 Cadillac Superior. Please post pictures of your interior so we can suggest what you need.

When it comes to first aid equipment, are you looking for period correct or are you looking for current equipment you could use if you stumbled upon an incident during your travels?

A current fire extinguisher located for easy access should be planned as should be a wheel chock, tool set, road cones and flares.

Although I carry portable radios on the local emergency service frequencies, I also carry a cell phone (with charger) to contact assistance if needed.

As posted elsewhere, I have almost completed the interior of my 1976 Cadillac Superior. Please post pictures of your interior so we can suggest what you need.

When it comes to first aid equipment, are you looking for period correct or are you looking for current equipment you could use if you stumbled upon an incident during your travels?

A current fire extinguisher located for easy access should be planned as should be a wheel chock, tool set, road cones and flares.

Although I carry portable radios on the local emergency service frequencies, I also carry a cell phone (with charger) to contact assistance if needed.
Thanks for info..we know what it needs, we are a first aid and rescue squad lol. I'm trying to get the period correct stuff that disappeared out of the back. Stretcher with mount curtains equipment for show etc.

From the cowl back everything is superior only the only part shared across the manufactures would be the rear bumper.
But Bill has a deal for you.

I'm looking for a couple parts that would strictly be superior coach builders
Trim above the rear windows on both sides (these seem to be the same with Caddys Pontiacs etc.?
ANYTHING that would go in the back which would be part of the conversion. We have almost nothing original in the back of the car. Mounts, stretcher, curtains etc..

I have many leftover parts from my '72 Superior parts car. Lots of window trim. Please post a list of what you need. Jim

I am in search of this on BOTH sides. All other exterior trim we have.

Attachments

• window.jpg
    window.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 284
They are stainless steel. And if I'm not mistaken way shorter then most. But the good news is they are all the same shape. You may have to trim a set down. If Bill didn't get them I might have one. it is to warm up today they are out side see if i can find one. But what you have if they are only stained should buff out.

Carpet?

I have learned NOT to make assumptions when looking for items for this car!!! Would a regular molded carpet kit for a deville or fleetwood fit the interior compartment? If little trims or cuts here and there are needed that is fine. I wanted to make sure it'll fit width wise from door sill to door sill....PLEASE tell me its standard? :confused:

Also wondering what might have gone in the spot behind the driver's seat next to the jump seat???

Attachments

• 20161110_091447.jpg
    20161110_091447.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 87
Original cabinets are extremely tough to find. That was usually the first thing that got tossed when it first came out of service and some "knuckle-head" bought it with grand ideas of turning it into a limousine. They usually lost interest in the project shortly after pitching the cabinet.

I do know where there is one........... but it would require a road trip to Amarillo, TX to get it.

John, try Peter Grave, he has a couple of Superiors in his salvage yard. Peter is a member of this forum. If he does not have a cabinet, I may know where there might be a cabinet in a 68 combo, not the same, but better than an empty space.

A cabinet in a combo? Now that would be extremely rare! 99.9% of all combos just have a small storage compartment built into the steel partition itself. You would basically have to switch out the entire partition in that scenario. I think I have only ever heard of 1 combo that was ordered with a real cabinet.

I have to disagree with Bill on the last part of his response. IMHO..... do it correctly or don't waste the time, effort, and money doing it. Wait and find a correct, original cabinet. I would rather look at a hole in the partition than something that was cobbled together! They are out there. When you do find one, it will most likely require a road trip on your part. They are extremly easy to take out and install. Something like 6 bolts through the floor that are easily accessible top and bottom.

John, try Peter Grave, he has a couple of Superiors in his salvage yard. Peter is a member of this forum. If he does not have a cabinet, I may know where there might be a cabinet in a 68 combo, not the same, but better than an empty space.
Thanks Bill...I talked to Mr. Grave on the phone a few days ago and when the weather gets better I'm taking a drive out his way.

My 68 M&M combination does have several cabinets. There is one in that spot and there is also an upper cabinet. It also has the steel storage compartment underneath one of the doors too. I dont think I have a picture of it handy though

A cabinet in a combo? Now that would be extremely rare! 99.9% of all combos just have a small storage compartment built into the steel partition itself. You would basically have to switch out the entire partition in that scenario. I think I have only ever heard of 1 combo that was ordered with a real cabinet.

I have to disagree with Bill on the last part of his response. IMHO..... do it correctly or don't waste the time, effort, and money doing it. Wait and find a correct, original cabinet. I would rather look at a hole in the partition than something that was cobbled together! They are out there. When you do find one, it will most likely require a road trip on your part. They are extremly easy to take out and install. Something like 6 bolts through the floor that are easily accessible top and bottom.

Is this the compartment your talking about? Or does this qualify as a cabinet? There is another overhanging above that is not pictured. fun fact, I found a folded american flag in the upper storage area. No I did not unfold it.

Attachments

• cab-lower.JPG
    cab-lower.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 69
Mr. Zicha needs a cabinet from an ambulance, not a combination. It would look something like this:

Attachments

• Superior ambulance cabinet.jpg
    Superior ambulance cabinet.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 68
Back