Fun Drive Today

Got my 70 combo out today for the usual exercise it gets every few weeks. Started up the hwy and had truck pass me going very slow. I followed him aways and he turned off and I was going same way and when he seen me turn he pulled over and I went by. I noticed his front tag was emt related and sticker on back also. Went on my way and he started following me and did so all the way back to my garage. He pulled in and jumped out of his truck with camara in hand having fit over my car. He lived couple counties north of me and was passing by and was big ambulance guy loving older ambulances especially surburbans. He got several pictures and we chated a bit. It was a pleasure to have someone interested in the combo rather than thinking us guys are weird for liking hearses, ambulances, etc.

Got my 70 combo out today for the usual exercise it gets every few weeks. Started up the hwy and had truck pass me going very slow. I followed him aways and he turned off and I was going same way and when he seen me turn he pulled over and I went by. I noticed his front tag was emt related and sticker on back also. Went on my way and he started following me and did so all the way back to my garage. He pulled in and jumped out of his truck with camara in hand having fit over my car. He lived couple counties north of me and was passing by and was big ambulance guy loving older ambulances especially surburbans. He got several pictures and we chated a bit. It was a pleasure to have someone interested in the combo rather than thinking us guys are weird for liking hearses, ambulances, etc.

Amen Brother! It is indeed, a real pleasure to receive questions and nice comments from people who are actually interested in our professional cars and our enthusiasm for the cars themselves.

Hope you told him all about the PCS, whitch i'm sure you did. Gives you a good feeling when you run accross guys like him, that can apreciate our cars like we do.

Josh

If you have his name and telephone number, give him a call and get an address, and send it to me. I will send him a copy of The Professional Car.

Back