50 Plymouth Flower Car???

Nice conversion but what makes it a flower car not a pickup? Other then some one says it is . Which was good enough at least at one meet i was at.

Flower car with a wooden floor? If there are 5 known to exist, where are the other 4? Show me pictures of the other 4 in any condition, and I might agree that it was a conversion package, but until then, I will believe that it is a one of a kind, built by a person that wanted to make a pick up out of a Plymouth coupe. Body builders in the 1950's wouldn't have a cowling around the back window, which is a design feature that came about in the mid to late 1990's with the Chevrolet pick ups... In fact, it might have even been a phenomena that is actually more recent than that date. Just not in the mood to do the research to put a definitive date on that fact.
Unfortunately, they have configured the Mecum website in such a way that I can't catch a picture of the car.

I would say that the back glass is out of a ElCameo pickup nice job trap door and all. but I will argue that is not even close to a stock interior. Plymouth did not use vinyl in 1950. road a lot of miles in one of those. but did they not have to big boat for the hood orinament

Gotta dispute no vinyl interior Yellow Cab in Philadelphia had Plymouth Taxis with vinyl interiors. My Mom was almost killed in one she was riding in when it was hit broadside making an illegal U turn. My Dad and I went to the cab garage to see it and he was mad cause "the vinyl seat made her slide all over". Not sure knowing what I know now I agree with that.

Exception to every rule. But back then that would be the heavy duty interier bet the door trim was still cloth.
I'm old enough to remember seats in pickups you could not wear out. The truck wold be trashed but the seat would still be fit for a bench in the office.

5-1525269463763.jpg

1-1525269456248.jpg

4-1525269461963.jpg

8-1525269468715.jpg

Back