Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.

Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc. (http://www.professionalcarsociety.org/forums/index.php)
-   Wanted (http://www.professionalcarsociety.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   1966-68 Cadillac Hearse (http://www.professionalcarsociety.org/forums/showthread.php?t=20816)

Blake Sherwin 11-20-2017 08:40 AM

1966-68 Cadillac Hearse

I am finally in the market for a hearse. I am seeking a 1966-1968 Cadillac Hearse. My preference is 1968 (in love with the stacked headlights) but for the right car and price i could go above 68 (up to 76)

Im not looking to do a ton of restoration work, but i dont need it to have a pristine paint job. But i do know that owning a hearse means i will undoubtedly have to at some point do some work.

Im looking for something that runs decent, has a straight body and isnt completely rusted out. And i know sometimes that is asking alot.

Its only fair i tell you what i plan to do with it though. Rest assured i am not going to butcher it or mess with its physical integrity like so many sad projects.

First of all if its not black i will be repainting it (professionally, not one of those ugly self sprays).

I will then be having it "spot" wrapped, meaning rather than full wrap im going to apply several vinyl decals on the side. Thats really about it.

I own a christian metal internet radio station, and i hope to use it as an alternative outreach tool at conventions, possibly one day even at hearsecon. No it wont be a vomit-inducing Jesus-mobile. I do have mockup pictures and have had 13 years to plan it, just never had the money till now.

Kurt Arends 11-20-2017 08:55 AM

4 Attachment(s)
A friend in Southern Minnesota has this '68 M-M and may be interested in selling it. Let me know if it is one that you would like more info on.

Blake Sherwin 11-20-2017 09:25 AM

Thanks Kurt I would absolutely be interested in more information on this one. I see theres alot of parts in the back. Hopefully the laundaus are back there. Looks to be in pretty good shape.

I'd like to see pics from a few more angles if possible.

Also would like to know if it runs and how well, and on a deeper level how the rust situation is.

Kurt Arends 11-20-2017 11:02 AM

The landau bars are in the back. I will connect you with the owner. No sense in my being in the middle of it.

Kent Dorsey 11-20-2017 11:27 AM

Blake, you may already know, but the 1965 Cadillacs have the same headlight configuration and similar styling as the 66, 67 and 68 Cadillacs... if you need to widen your search...

Kurt Arends 11-20-2017 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurt Arends (Post 841922342)
The landau bars are in the back. I will connect you with the owner. No sense in my being in the middle of it.

Sorry Blake. He tells me that this '68 M-M has already been sold.

Blake Sherwin 11-20-2017 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurt Arends (Post 841922346)
Sorry Blake. He tells me that this '68 M-M has already been sold.

No problem, thanks for checking

Daniel Scully 11-20-2017 12:54 PM

1966-68 Cadillac Hearse

8 Attachment(s)
I just picked up another project and on the fence about selling the 65 to generate some cash and space for it. Give me a call if interested 760-247-3693 O rust 3 way Crown Sovereign with electric table and a/c . I put in anew windshield that does not show in these pics other than that extremely solid coach. Thanks

Blake Sherwin 11-20-2017 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel Scully (Post 841922350)
I just picked up another project and on the fence about selling the 65 to generate some cash and space for it. Give me a call if interested 760-247-3693 O rust 3 way Crown Sovereign with electric table and a/c . I put in anew windshield that does not show in these pics other than that extremely solid coach. Thanks

Daniel, that looks good. I may be interested. I may have to give you a call. I dont own a trailer so my main concern is whether it would be sound enough to drive from Cali to Oklahoma

Paul Steinberg 11-20-2017 02:34 PM

Almost any car that you purchase that is of that vintage, isn't safe to drive across country, until it is serviced and all systems checked and / or replaced. Unless you are very mechanically inclined, you should have it delivered, rather than gambling on a cross country trek with a 50+ year old car.