Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.

Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc. (http://www.professionalcarsociety.org/forums/index.php)
-   Wanted (http://www.professionalcarsociety.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   66 S&S Victoria (http://www.professionalcarsociety.org/forums/showthread.php?t=22475)

Michael Baccari 02-21-2020 12:40 PM

66 S&S pics

7 Attachment(s)
this is what im working with

John ED Renstrom 02-21-2020 04:49 PM

cw coach has a web site with there phone number on it. looks good not a bad body. the bad place on them is were the top and the quarters meet they has a natural water trap there that would give you rust issues. then they nailed the top one front and rear. so one more place for the rust to start. how is the interior?

Michael Baccari 02-26-2020 09:14 AM

interior is really nice with a few extra seats in the back and a custom bench that folds into a bed. I've checked with cw coach he said he doesn't have any thing for it. The main thing now is finding a windshield cause its cracked and the roof is rotted out right above it.

Paul Steinberg 02-26-2020 11:23 AM

New windshields are available from any LOF dealer, or directly from Pilkington Glass. You need to find a competent body shop that can restore the glass opening and the roof rot before you do anything else. Make sure that they carefully cut out the original glass, so they can use it to check the repair for clearance / tolerances before the new glass is attempted. Also, purchase all new windshield molding clips, and have any damage to the stainless steel moldings repaired prior to the install. You are probably looking at at least $1000 in body work repair, unless it is only a small area that needs repairing. Most shops charge a lot to do restoration work on older cars, because of the complexities of the job.

Steve Loftin 02-26-2020 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Baccari (Post 841935269)
interior is really nice with a few extra seats in the back and a custom bench that folds into a bed. I've checked with cw coach he said he doesn't have any thing for it. The main thing now is finding a windshield cause its cracked and the roof is rotted out right above it.

Is your intention to restore the interior (front and rear) to its original configuration?

Michael Baccari 04-03-2020 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Loftin (Post 841935271)
Is your intention to restore the interior (front and rear) to its original configuration?

I'm not sure what i want to do with the interior. But for now my main concern is redoing the exterior so i can keep the water out. The main thing I'm worried about is the windshield it seems to be a mystery of what it is.

Kurt Arends 04-03-2020 08:37 AM

What is the mystery with the windshield???

Peter Grave 04-03-2020 09:58 AM

From your pictures it appears to be a standard commercial car windshield. Glued is as they all were in that era

Michael Baccari 04-21-2020 07:39 AM

not sure what the mystery is with the windshield but all five that I've received have been small. I'm waiting on another one the part number is DW678 not sure if it will fit but the measurements seem to be correct.

Michael Baccari 04-21-2020 07:54 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Attachment 40495

Attachment 40496

Attachment 40497

Attachment 40498

Attachment 40499