1979 Oldsmobile 6 DOOR ARMBRUSTER

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 121
Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like a nice enough car, but I really doubt that anyone will pay that price. It needs bumper fillers and it looks to have some cracking in the paint. I do respect the general condition of this car. Then again, is there much of a market for a bare-bones six-door?

The car is HANDSOME.

They don't make OLDSMOBILES anymore, nor do they make PONTIACS anymore.

There were very few Olds 6 DOORS built in 1979 which was 38 years ago.

This car has a fine running original equipment PONTIAC MOTOR in a super cherry, original unrestored OLDSMOBILE. GM swaps motors in their brands. Remember the PONTIAC T/As with the OLDSMOBILE 403? Same deal, same time. In the car world this GREAT OLDS LIMO is known as an ORPHAN, a car whose parent company died. The Black limo is powered by its 301 ORPHANED cousin PONTIAC. GM axed OLDSMOBILE AND PONTIAC and this limo IS COMPRISED OF BOTH BREEDS.
COME TO 43138 AND SEE THE CAR if you can.

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT FOR ANY PICS OR INFORMATION YOU NEED

JUST THE FACTS

1979 ARMBRUSTER STAGEWAY OLDSMOBILE 6 DOOR FAMILY CAR LIMO
RUNS GREAT and DRIVES GREAT TOO
CLEAN CLEAR OHIO TITLE
GOOD TIRES
67,250 MILES
BLACK, BLACK INTERIOR, BLACK VINYL TOP
RADIO BLOCK OFF PLATE (NO RADIO)
301 c.i.d. PONTIAC V8
AUTOMATIC TRANS
A/C WITH REAR AIR UNIT
HAS ALL FOUR ARMBRUSTER STAGEWAY EMBLEMS/PLATE
POWER WINDOWS
POWER STEERING
POWER BRAKES
SINGLE EXHAUST
SOLD AS IS-NO RETURN
DEPOSIT IS NON REFUNDABLE
SELLER WILL HELP BUYER SHIP WORLDWIDE

this car starts, runs and drives like new.

Every door light switch turns on the dome lights when opening doors. The underhood light works. The trunk light works, The bright indicator works. The dash lights work and dim. Brake lights, turn signals, tail and license plate lights work. Both bumpers are nice although the rear bumper has a playing card sized area where the chrome has peeled and there is surface rust. It is repairable. There is a 1979 unregulated "BABY SEAT" included (see pic) it is in good shape needing some vinyl repairs. The car has an AHH--OOOG--GAH horn although it mostly just goes "AHHHH"
when the factory steering wheel horn buttons are pushed. THE HORN IS FUN AND YOU MAY WEAR IT OUT.

The inside of the trunk and trunk floor is CRAZY GOOD.
The tranni shifts LIKE A CHAMP and naturally downshifts like a new car. It sounds great too --you know that GM Turbo-Hydro sound.
The car was undercoated and the floors are in great condition.
There is a receipt for new front calipers and brake pads in march of 2017.
Some historical maintenance, registration and insurance records are in glove box.[/COLOR]
The rear air shocks work but the air lines must have a slow leak.
The car's suspension feels "boaty".
The headlight bezels have pitting.
Brightwork is overall VERY nice.
THE DASH IS BEAUTIFUL-see pics
THE HEADLINER IS STILL IN GREAT SHAPE with only a few issues--
THE SEATS ARE IN VERY GOOD CONDITION as is the CARPET -
THE CAR HAS ALL FOUR ORIGINAL ARMBRUSTER STAGEWAY EMBLEMS/PLATE--see pics
THERE IS NO RADIO AND THE CAR NEVER HAD ONE-check the FACTORY RADIO DELETE plate - in pics
SPEEDO WORKS, WIPERS WORK, BACK-UP lights work
TURBO HYDRO TRANS SHIFTS WELL - REVERSE is FINE and the trans has that corporate TURBO HYDRO SOUND.
SINGLE EXHAUST is QUIET/no leaks. the pipe sometimes rattles against the frame somewhere under the car, something for you to have fixed ( you the new owner needs to have something to do!)
All windows and glass in car is good WITH EXCEPTION on 4 inch rock chip/crack in front windshield and scratches on pass. front door glass.
FRONT DRIVER'S AND PASSENGER POWER WINDOWS go UP/DOWN WELL
middle windows are stationary from factory and RIGHT rear POWER window needs investigation and repair.

YES, YOU COULD DRIVE IT HOME, FLY INTO COLUMBUS OR CINCY and I WILL PICK YOU UP IN YOUR NEW OLDS AT THE AIRPORT.
The car's tires are very decent/there is NO SPARE or jack in the trunk.
If buyer is going to drive their new limo across country to get it home I will set them up with a decent spare and jack and tire iron, and an oil change AT BUYER'S EXPENSE--but car is being sold with no spare/jack. The brakes could use a bleed but car does stop. BRAKES FEEL AND SOUND GOOD with "SPONGEY" pedal- and "BRAKE" warning light is on. The car may need a new master cyl.
ASH TRAYS ARE NOT ALL CIGGYED UP.
The car looks great for almost 40 years old but it needs paint and light body work to be perfect.
THE CAR CAN TRULY BE CONSIDERED A " CREAM PUFF "
It does have 38 year-old (what I think is "ORIGINAL") BLACK PAINT and the CENTER DOORS AND JAMBS paint is not holding up as well as the factory job on the front and rear of the car---so I think that the Armbruster Stageway shop cut a new BLACK OLDS in half and only painted the "STRETCHED" section. The faded center section shows it has not been repainted and is original.

WHAT THE CAR NEEDS

The car needs and is missing the rear bumper fillers. They are available online.

It needs a new windshield; the car's windshield has a rock chip (not blocking driver or passenger) turned 4 inch crack.

It needs a DELTA ROYALE HOOD ORNAMENT and DECK LID OLDSMOBILE STICK ON EMBLEM

These parts can be found on EBAY.
THE CAR CAME WITH NO RADIO--and has a super rare DELTA RADIO DELETE PLATE!!--since it was a FAMILY CAR I think the reason there is no radio is because it would not be too cool if the song "
TOMORROW, TOMORROW, THERE IS ALWAYS TOMORROW"
was playing loudly on the way to the grave site!
One headlight has moisture in it. The single exhaust, although non leaking and the car is quiet, hangs a little low, rattles and should be sorted out or be replaced with a nice set of duals. It needs wiper blades. The headliner is VERY NICE needing a few repairs at the front edge. and detailing here and there. The vinyl top needs Vinyl top product to clean and soften/protect but it is mostly very good. The top has a few gouges on the passenger windshield pillar--but these can be repaired to look fine. There is a faded metal trim piece just behind the back window that needs repainting. The air conditioning needs to have a can of leak check run through it to find a leak...the hoses run to the rear air, large supplemental unit below the package tray. When I got the car the A/C controls worked the fan and it came on blowing fine. After power washing under the hood the fan does not blow. I may find the problem but if not this will need to be tracked down before you charge the system. The front two power windows work fine --the left rear works needing adjustment/center windows are stationary and the rear two power windows need some work, it just needs some TLC. The right rear window is not working and I have not looked into that. The front right passenger window has some scratches in the glass and I THINK it will need to be replaced. This is the same door glass as a 4 door equivalent GM model. The speedo cable squeaks a little and needs lube/graphite. The car has ONLY a few issues for the buyer to get his hands dirty on.VERY FANTASTIC car. THE CAR IS TOP NOTCH--There is not too much wrong; just enough to be able to say that you restored it.
The "STRETCHED" area of the car is not as cherry as the original black 79 GM paint,
This fact/point shows the car's UNRESTORED STATUS. and its originalness is JUST GREAT!!Buyer will want to repaint the center doors, the center door jambs and the hood to make the car really pop. There are areas at the inside bottom of some doors that need attention to fix light and moderate surface rust. Rust is DEFINATELY not a major issue with this car overall although you or your bodyman will have some areas to clean up here and there. The hood has sun-baked /cracked original black paint. The deck lid is not as bad and may color sand (wet sand) and buff. The center doors are faded and need the jambs to be cleaned up and resprayed.

The car is 38 years old and it could use an overall paint job. There are spots where it looks like bird doo-doo sat on it. It has a few small dents but OVERALL THIS CAR IS VERY BEAUTIFUL--I CAN'T SAY THAT ENOUGH. It has the potential for a PEBBLE BEACH STYLE- QUALITY 10 POINT SHOW CAR with not THAT MUCH WORK-JUST SAYIN'! - she is a beauty.

DELIVERY, SHIPPING or PICK UP

DRIVE it HOME, come get it in 43138 at the intersection of hiways 93 and 33 in South East Ohio. OR, Have it shipped- I will help coordinate pick-up/shipping with your shipper. I also can deliver the car to you for a fee. BUY THE CAR AND HAVE ME DELIVER IT TO YOU TO EASE IN FINDING A SHIPPER--contact me directly to find your price for the car and delivery... DELIVERED to your driveway WITH NO SHIPPING HASSLE delivery is a separate deal and buyer pays for delivery in advance.

REMEMBER ---
SOLD AS IS, WHERE IS, WITH NO RETURN OR WARRANTY--

once you own this car you WILL BE SO HAPPY YOU OWN IT-

also remember --my feedback shows my descriptions are either RIGHT ON or understated. THAT SAID..."THIS CAR IS A SHOW WINNER WITHOUT a HUGE amount of RESTORATION " that is my story and I AM STICKING TO IT!

Armbruster Stageway has a rich tradition in the funeral car industry that dates back for over one hundred years. Armbruster Stageway was started by three Fort Smith men building and restoring horse drawn wagons. As the transportation industry changed, so did Armbruster Stageway. When a bus company asked if a regular vehicle could be stretched for professional purposes to make short transportation runs, Armbruster accepted the challenge and built the first combustion engine limousine. Building funeral coaches and limousines, Armbruster Stageway made its mark on the industry as the sign of excellence in professional vehicles. As the oldest name in the professional vehicle industry, Armbruster Stageway is back in business and building limousine and funeral coaches in Fort Smith, Arkansas.

PLEASE NOTIFY IF YOU HAVE PROBLEM BIDDING

In my opinion, based on the areas of needed repairs as stated above, you can safely plan on putting $20,000 into this car to make it into the car that he is describing as a "show car". Even my $20,000 estimate might be low, considering that he admits that the car needs a complete paint job, air conditioning work, and glass work.

It has the potential for a PEBBLE BEACH STYLE- QUALITY 10 POINT SHOW CAR with not THAT MUCH WORK-JUST SAYIN'! - she is a beauty.

The above statement is just "fluff" to make you think that this is, in his words...

THE CAR CAN TRULY BE CONSIDERED A " CREAM PUFF "

Wow! Radio Delete on a '79 Olds?? Wasn't an AM or AM/FM radio standard equipment on all '79 Oldsmobiles?

We had a couple of townships here that had 78 and 79 Olds cop cars all had power windows no seat and STEREO no less. I will say I have never seen a 79 full sized Olds without a radio this is a first. Perhaps the orig FD owner was a radio hater. Or had a bad day when some mourner put a rock station on on the way to the cemetery ? Who would want to spend 20K on it? Just dress it up and enjoy it. One thing you know you will be the only one at a show with an Olds six door.

But Not from armbruster stageway. They cut every corner they could. The delete was not from GM Either they built there own plastic plate to cover the hole. This one like my Pontiac was built when Earnhart ran the compeny. The man is honest in his discription of the car every thing sounds about normal to me. Like any of them. You going to dump a grand right away to get a decent driving car. Then the price goes up from there. Now if it just had a 350 in it it would be worth it for me. But as I haven't look at the listing yet I don't know what he is asking. And yes if is a stageway it came from them with one of the girls highschool shop class paint jobs you can get.

Ok he is a little high for the market but not way out of line if it is a car you want.

Years ago we had a 76 Cadillac Stageway six door silver black top beautiful to look at, An absolute horror to drive you did not steer it you aimed it. And yes Ed the paint job looked like it was done with rattle cans interior was super though Cadillac material all the way. No comparison to my current six door.

The more I think about it, this particular car in show-condition, would struggle to bring $5K, if you could find an interested buyer.

vary true it's not for a flipper. as I said you have to want the car. if you wanted a 6 door 75 Oldsmobile in running condition with low mileage on it were you going to find one for 6. if it was a Impala it would be a 25 thousand dollar car. because there are people that want them. as in my case the 455 engine and power train is worth more out of my 75 then the whole car is complete. yet it's a model that almost no one had see one of

that 86 H&E 6 door I picked up for 8 was worth about half that at best. but I was willing to pay the asking price because I wanted it. I easily have half that again into the car but at 50 thousand miles and I put 30 of them on, it's as nice a car as you can get. just not everyone's cup of tea which reflects in the market value.

most of these cars are trashed on the inside this one looks to not be. that alone is a big advantage. but as I stated you have to want it. if not it's only a car worth a how about that.

but tell me with this guys hip doesn't he remind you of a man in Rockford Il.

Back