Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.

Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc. (http://www.professionalcarsociety.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion Forum (http://www.professionalcarsociety.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Help with Trim (68 Cadillac) (http://www.professionalcarsociety.org/forums/showthread.php?t=20880)

Blake Sherwin 12-22-2017 11:42 AM

Help with Trim (68 Cadillac)
 
So I will soon be looking at replacing a few missing/broken pieces on my 68 Miller-Meteor.

I have a broken grill molding and I found a molding for a 68 Deville, but I was not sure if the Devilles and the Fleetwoods were interchangeable. It looks right, but I want to be sure before I jump in and get a part I cant use:

http://www.cadillacville.com/default..._moldings.html

Can anyone confirm if front trim from Devilles fit Fleetwoods or if they are slightly different?

I'm also going to need emblems for the side of the top (I think that its a cross or something according to google images)

Kurt Arends 12-22-2017 12:32 PM

Holy crap! Those prices are ridiculous! You are in the part of the country where you can still find that stuff in salvage yards. It should not be more that $25-$30 in a junk yard for those hood moldings. Everything form the dash-forward will be the same as a Fleetwood or deVille as far as trim is concerned.

Check with the yard on North Yale in Tulsa. They might have it.

Blake Sherwin 12-22-2017 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurt Arends (Post 841922934)
Holy crap! Those prices are ridiculous! You are in the part of the country where you can still find that stuff in salvage yards. It should not be more that $25-$30 in a junk yard for those hood moldings. Everything form the dash-forward will be the same as a Fleetwood or deVille as far as trim is concerned.

Check with the yard on North Yale in Tulsa. They might have it.

Ok I will give them a call. Thanks alot

Kurt Arends 12-22-2017 02:46 PM

I would just jump in your car and drive over there. What is it, 15 minutes from you?

Philip Scanio 12-22-2017 02:51 PM

Blake, try Honest John's Caddy Corner. 12603 FM 407, Justin, TX 76247 940-648-3330 www.honestjohn.com I have been buying parts from him for 17 years and have always been pleased. His dad used to own a funeral home in DFW Metroplex.

Blake Sherwin 12-22-2017 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurt Arends (Post 841922938)
I would just jump in your car and drive over there. What is it, 15 minutes from you?

I might. I called today during my lunch break, lady said she doesnt know but they will be closed all next week. So I may just take a trip down there. 10 min from my house actually

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philip Scanio (Post 841922939)
Blake, try Honest John's Caddy Corner. 12603 FM 407, Justin, TX 76247 940-648-3330 www.honestjohn.com I have been buying parts from him for 17 years and have always been pleased. His dad used to own a funeral home in DFW Metroplex.

Thanks, will add that to my list.

Kurt Arends 12-24-2017 10:55 AM

There is also an all-Cadillac salvage yard in the Olahoma City area. I have forgotten the name of the place, but Steve Loftin will know it. If you are unable to locate those hood moldings close to home, I do know where there are several '68 Cadillacs in salvage yards up my way.

Bruce Osborne 12-25-2017 12:20 AM

Your patch looks like the patch of Guardian Ambulance Innisfail Alberta, Canada

Kurt Arends 12-25-2017 01:08 AM

Bruce,
That could very well be. I purchased it on eBay and the seller didn't know where it was from.

Blake Sherwin 12-27-2017 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurt Arends (Post 841922956)
There is also an all-Cadillac salvage yard in the Olahoma City area. I have forgotten the name of the place, but Steve Loftin will know it. If you are unable to locate those hood moldings close to home, I do know where there are several '68 Cadillacs in salvage yards up my way.

I'm going to go out to North Yale Auto soon, the completion of my repairs keep getting delayed so I'm hoping to have the hearse back in my possession today


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2009 - 2018 Friends of the Professional Car Society