PDA

View Full Version : 2013 PCS International Meet - Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Patrick J. Martin
06-26-2012, 12:00 AM
Hello All!

Now that the Florida meet has concluded and people are already looking forward to next year's meet judging from some of the posts on this board, I think its time to share some news that I've been sitting on for a couple months.

The hotel has been reserved for the 2013 International Meet, and reservations are being accepted. The official meet hotel is the:

Updated information as of 11/15/2012 Updated information posted in blue.

Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport
6401 South 13th Street
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53221

http://www.cpmilwaukeeairporthotel.com

The telephone number for reservations is 1-414-764-5300. Simply mention that you're with the Professional Car Society to get the discounted room rate of $89.00 a night (plus local taxes of course). That rate is good for up to two people in a room. Additional adults are $20 per night, additional children 18 and under are $10 per night.

The official meet dates are Wednesday August 21 through Saturday August 24, 2013. Set-aside rooms begin on Tuesday night and last through Saturday night. The hotel is holding the rooms until July 21, 2013 before releasing them for public booking.

The hotel will honor the discounted room rate for two nights before and two nights after those dates.

Set-aside rooms begin on Tuesday August 20th, and last through Saturday August 24th, figuring that most people will check out Sunday morning. The hotel is holding the rooms until July 21, 2013 before releasing them for public booking.

I am looking into the possibility of early-bird activities on Tuesday August 20, but at this time please understand it is only a possibility, not a decided-upon thing.

I also highly encourage members to stay in Milwaukee on Sunday August 25 to attend the Masterpiece Concours d'Elegance. Not only is it an exceptionally high quality display of fine automobiles, but the Masterpiece is being most enthusiastic about us holding our pro-car concours in conjunction with their Club Day event.

Itinerary information can be found at this thread:
http://www.professionalcarsociety.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8084

Registration information is still being worked on at this time.

So mark your calendars and make your reservations, but most of all, come to the "Cream City", the "Machine Shop to the World", and "Brew Town", to experience "PCS 2013 - The Meet That Made Milwaukee Famous!"

Bryan Moore
06-26-2012, 01:18 AM
Well, this sounds like one to plan for! :)

Bry

Rick Franklin
06-26-2012, 01:27 AM
I've started to save my money for this. As much as I would love to drive my Lincoln to this, I will probably fly . Without any mechanical issues, its more than likely 4 days each way to drive from Seattle plus the time at the meet.

Bill Marcy
06-26-2012, 11:37 AM
Patrick, thank you for posting the info early. I have never been to Wisconsin, so it is very inviting! If all goes well, we will hope to be there.

Pat Post
06-26-2012, 02:46 PM
It's relatively close! I will mark it on my calender.:071:

Tony Karsnia
06-26-2012, 03:43 PM
Kim and I, along with several other Northlanders are looking forward to attending this meet! In fact, I just made a reservation at the host hotel (the process went very smoothly even with the meet being over a year away.)

Now, to decide which car to show in Milwaukee and which cars to save for 2014...

Steve Loftin
06-26-2012, 04:27 PM
I plan to be at Milwaukee, and Lisa and I both at Rochester (that's where our gran'kids live). Looking forward to it!

Darren Bedford
06-27-2012, 12:09 PM
I will be there for sure !

After seeing the site a few weeks ago, I know it will be a great place to have our cars on display.

Looking forward to it since it was announced in Flint earlier this year.

Darren

P.S. Buy one of the meet fund raiser HO scale BOX CARS Patrick is selling. They are fantastic and a one of a kind procar related
collectible ! I love mine.

:thumb:

John Royark JR
06-27-2012, 01:04 PM
If all goes well I will be there too. Hmmm, what car to bring..:confused2:

Richard Vyse
06-27-2012, 02:22 PM
Rest assured Terri and I will be there. It will be like old home week since I used to operate a Holiday Inn in Waukesha, WI just west of Milwaukee.

Currently Terri and I plan on riding the Harley since we're going to the Harley Davison factory the birthplace of our baby.

Jerry Jacobson
06-27-2012, 02:29 PM
I'm really planning to be there, and really looking forward to it.:thumb:

Wayne Krakowski
06-27-2012, 02:34 PM
Now theres a guy with adventure in his soul,thats gonna be one road trip to remember,it will be August,by the way, you got one of those shirts,that on the back says "if you can read this the **&*Y* fell off".(Will not use actual word on family oriented website):badbad::smileflagcan:

Richard Vyse
06-27-2012, 03:40 PM
Now theres a guy with adventure in his soul,thats gonna be one road trip to remember,it will be August,by the way, you got one of those shirts,that on the back says "if you can read this the **&*Y* fell off".(Will not use actual word on family oriented website):badbad::smileflagcan:

If I had a shirt that said that let me tell you, she would throw me off the bike. :stars:

Skip Goulet - Deceased 1945 - 2018
06-27-2012, 06:47 PM
I plan to be at Milwaukee, and Lisa and I both at Rochester (that's where our gran'kids live). Looking forward to it!

Grandkids??? Omigosh!

Mike Stevens
06-27-2012, 08:42 PM
Richard,
Is there a place you have not operated a Holiday Inn at one time or another?
Mike

Mike Stevens
06-27-2012, 08:45 PM
I will be marking my calendar...as soon as I get one for 2013.
Mike

Mike Boyer
07-04-2012, 04:12 PM
count me in....... ( my first Pro Car meet ) I'll be there with my Eureka

Josh Gentry
07-05-2012, 12:59 PM
9 hrs 40 mins / 527.96 miles. Can't wait. Will be bringing the green 73 Victoria.

Josh

Richard Vyse
07-05-2012, 01:13 PM
9 hrs 40 mins / 527.96 miles. Can't wait. Will be bringing the green 73 Victoria.

Josh

1250 miles for me. Bet Ed does not get the Long Distance Award next year. :angel:

Kevin M. Parkinson
07-05-2012, 02:56 PM

Josh

We can get some 72 / 73 Victoria pictures together!

:thewave:

Josh Gentry
07-05-2012, 03:14 PM
We can get some 72 / 73 Victoria pictures together!

:thewave:Sounds like a plan.

Josh

Paul Saether
07-05-2012, 05:44 PM
I feel bad that we me missed Daytona this year. It was the same week as our funeral director's convention. I really missed seeing you all.

Milwaukee is only 2 hours away for me so I am sure we will be there with my silver '69 combination.

I am anxious to welcome you all to Wisconsin!

John Royark JR
07-05-2012, 06:44 PM
A little less than 5 1/2 hours, 321 miles. im going to do all I can to make it, still along time away. Not sure what car Im driving yet but hope the 49 S&S. If not, thinking the 85 Eureka Pontiac.

Steve Loftin
07-06-2012, 10:51 AM
A little less than 5 1/2 hours, 321 miles. im going to do all I can to make it, still along time away. Not sure what car Im driving yet but hope the 49 S&S. If not, thinking the 85 Eureka Pontiac.

My vote is for the '49!

John ED Renstrom
07-06-2012, 11:20 AM
1250 miles for me. Bet Ed does not get the Long Distance Award next year. :angel:

it might still surprise you. if I miss it will only be by 100 miles or so. be nice to get closer. we can do the meet in Rochester in one day easily. this one will be do able but makes for a long one. we might even have the Stoner ready to go by then. be easer to find a water pump for it.

John Royark JR
07-06-2012, 12:02 PM
My vote is for the '49!

Keep in mind its no where near as nice as the pics show, but that is my first choice on what to drive there.

Rick Franklin
07-06-2012, 01:45 PM
Its 30 hours 21 minutes and 1941 miles for me if I drive in a car that doesnt have working air conditioning. More than likely will fly, even though I would love to be able to bring my car back to be photographed in front of its previous homes!

Richard Vyse
07-06-2012, 02:14 PM
Its 30 hours 21 minutes and 1941 miles for me if I drive in a car that doesnt have working air conditioning. More than likely will fly, even though I would love to be able to bring my car back to be photographed in front of its previous homes!

At least you're going to be there Rick, that is what is important. :applause:

John Royark JR
07-06-2012, 09:07 PM
Keep in mind its no where near as nice as the pics show, but that is my first choice on what to drive there.

Also remember, its not stock, and has instrument cluster, steering colum, engine and trans mods. Dont worry, it would not be judged, dont want to wast anyones time.

Mike Boyer
07-06-2012, 09:34 PM
I'm going to be there with my 87 Eureka Cadillac.I don't care if my A/C works or not,

I drove my Austin Mini Cooper S all over the U.S. and Canada with no air back in the day, going to car shows and meets.......

half the fun is driving there and back

I DON"T NEED NO STINKING A/C !!! lol ( but maybe I'll get it fixed by then )

Patrick J. Martin
07-06-2012, 10:25 PM
Also remember, its not stock, and has instrument cluster, steering colum, engine and trans mods. Dont worry, it would not be judged, dont want to wast anyones time.

John, any of your cars would be most welcome. Heck, you by yourself would be most welcome! Now with that being said, I vote for the '49 as well. Remember, I've seen the car at Iowa Chapter events, and I think you're being too hard on yourself about its condition. As for it being a mild custom, well yes, it does have a modern engine in it, but if I recall right, its the kind of thing where if the hood stays closed, no one would know.

Rocky Fluegge
07-25-2012, 11:02 PM
If you bring your 49 i will bring mine up one day to the meet, or you will have to drive over to the house. so we can get pics of them together. i know mine is not PCS friendly, so everyone who does not like it will have to look the other way for a day. I won't have that one there for show day but at least one of the days.

Mike Boyer
07-30-2012, 12:23 PM
just booked my room for 5 nights !!!! took only 10 minutes on the phone

David Wall
07-30-2012, 12:49 PM
just booked my room for 5 nights !!!! took only 10 minutes on the phone

I have booked a room already to, and with no problems. The lady I talked to was very nice and helpful. We enjoyed the meet in Daytona, which was the first one we had attended, so much I booked for the 2013 meet on July 2nd. Which was just a few days after we got home from Daytona. We have not been to the Milwaukee area before so we are looking forward to it as well as seeing all the cars and our new friends again.

Steve Lichtman
07-30-2012, 01:18 PM
ARRGH!

NO PETS ALLOWED????

Really?

John ED Renstrom
07-30-2012, 01:30 PM
will we'll miss seeing Richard this time but it will be nice to visit with Terry again.
grab the directory maybe there is a motel 6 close by. the light will be on and you can bring the dog.

Paul Steinberg
07-30-2012, 01:32 PM
At least you're going to be there Rick, that is what is important. :applause:

Start saving you pennies, and have the air conditioner fixed. It is double the fun when you bring your car...

Mike Boyer
07-30-2012, 03:16 PM
The Lady on the phone said that I can cancel the room up until that first day at 6pm ...she said that in case I break down on the way I could cancel the first night ( Tuesday) by 6pm ......thats pretty cool

hope I don't break down ?

Wayne Krakowski
07-31-2012, 11:49 AM
Just got off the phone,reservations made, arrive tuesday for 5 nights.We will have to have an Ontario convoy for the pre-planned invasion,the countdown is on..We luvs our beer and brats,and seeing old and new friends:smileflagcan:

Rick Franklin
07-31-2012, 05:50 PM
Start saving you pennies, and have the air conditioner fixed. It is double the fun when you bring your car...

i dont have 3 weeks of vacation time.

Rick Franklin
07-31-2012, 05:57 PM
will we'll miss seeing Richard this time but it will be nice to visit with Terry again.
grab the directory maybe there is a motel 6 close by. the light will be on and you can bring the dog.

The host hotel is in the 4700 block of S Howell Ave. There is a Motel 6 at 5037 S Howell Ave. phone number is 414-482-4414

Mike Boyer
08-01-2012, 03:27 AM
Just got off the phone,reservations made, arrive tuesday for 5 nights.We will have to have an Ontario convoy for the pre-planned invasion,the countdown is on..We luvs our beer and brats,and seeing old and new friends:smileflagcan:

I live 2 hours east of Toronto, so what I think I will do is leave around 7pm in the evning and drive through the night. getting to the U.S. border
around 2 or 3am ( hopefuly not much traffic at the border) and drive right through to the Hotel.
In Aug it will be much cooler on me and the car.

thats the plan so far !

:smileflagcan:

Steve Lichtman
08-01-2012, 10:34 PM
The host hotel is in the 4700 block of S Howell Ave. There is a Motel 6 at 5037 S Howell Ave. phone number is 414-482-4414The reviews I saw for that, it sounds awful. Besides, who wants to drive 750 miles to spend their one and only vacation of the year in a Motel 6?

Darren Bedford
08-02-2012, 12:45 PM
Steve

I'm sure Rick was just trying to help out.

You will find a place nice enough and who will allow dogs.

Pate will be happy and so will you.

Can't wait for 2013 !

Darren

Rick Franklin
08-02-2012, 05:31 PM
Steve

I'm sure Rick was just trying to help out.

You will find a place nice enough and who will allow dogs.

Pate will be happy and so will you.

Can't wait for 2013 !

Darren

You are correct, Darren. Ed mentioned Motel 6 since they accept dogs; I happened to have a directory handy. Always good to check reviews; I had a bad experience at a Motel 6 in Oregon earlier this year and I wish I had checked the reviews beforehand. I must say though, that prior to this year, I have never had a bad stay at one. Maybe Steve can claim that Pate is a "service dog"!

Steve Lichtman
08-02-2012, 06:36 PM
I know, I'm not mad at Rick. Just sayin'...

Patrick's going to talk to the hotel when he's up there next and see.

I did the "service dog" thing when Dad was along, harder to do now. Admittedly, they are not allowed to ask what the dog can do. (At the airport, we have encountered a service-dog Yorkie, a service-pony, and even a service-parrot. The service-parrot was supposed to help calm the person, but when it got loose and was flying around inside the plane, nobody was calm. :eek:)

Rick Franklin
08-02-2012, 08:19 PM
I know, I'm not mad at Rick. Just sayin'...

Patrick's going to talk to the hotel when he's up there next and see.

I did the "service dog" thing when Dad was along, harder to do now. Admittedly, they are not allowed to ask what the dog can do. (At the airport, we have encountered a service-dog Yorkie, a service-pony, and even a service-parrot. The service-parrot was supposed to help calm the person, but when it got loose and was flying around inside the plane, nobody was calm. :eek:)

no offense taken, steve!

Mike Boyer
08-03-2012, 09:01 AM

does that work with wife's too ?????? just asking

:wussie:

Steve Lichtman
08-03-2012, 12:33 PM
I don't know, never been married. You could try and find out! :clubem:

Wayne Krakowski
08-03-2012, 02:46 PM
Hope it all has a happy ending, Steve deserves a break,and we must not forget Pate has lost a dear friend and also needs a little extra consideration,never forget they are only animals...finding more of them I would rather be around than some of the dregs of society we deal with at work...AMEN:my2cents: P.S. Mike if you are married,and if the Mrs.happens to read this site.McCain frozen peas in the bag work well for the sore head you will be getting when that frying pan arrives at the launching of one teed off Mrs.been there done that,got the bruises to prove.

Rick Franklin
10-15-2012, 10:54 PM
Since June 22, Ive been saving all my tip & bonus money from work and so far Ive got enough for 5 nights at the Hotel. Next up to calculate is the cost of airfare but at this rate, I won't have any trouble affording the trip.

Patrick J. Martin
10-16-2012, 07:47 PM
Since June 22, Ive been saving all my tip & bonus money from work and so far Ive got enough for 5 nights at the Hotel. Next up to calculate is the cost of airfare but at this rate, I won't have any trouble affording the trip.

I'm glad to hear this, Rick, and I'm genuinely honored that you've chosen my meet to be your first one!

For Rick, and anyone else who may be flying into Milwaukee, bring the hotel's phone number with you. The hotel offers a complimentary 24-hour airport shuttle, so you can call the hotel when you arrive and ask them to send their van over to pick you up.

Paul Steinberg
11-22-2012, 01:49 AM
2013 Registration Form - open & print

Dan D. Paulsen - Deceased - 1968 - 2014
12-07-2012, 11:10 AM
Kim and I, along with several other Northlanders are looking forward to attending this meet! In fact, I just made a reservation at the host hotel (the process went very smoothly even with the meet being over a year away.)

Now, to decide which car to show in Milwaukee and which cars to save for 2014...

Tony, if you are having trouble making a decision between two of your beauties I would take one for the team and drive the alternate choice to the meet.

John Royark JR
12-07-2012, 02:19 PM
Tony, if you are having trouble making a decision between two of your beauties I would take one for the team and drive the alternate choice to the meet.

Welcome back, its been along time since we have seen you here!

John Reske
12-25-2012, 06:04 PM
Dear PCS members

I would like to sending forum to you. My name is John Reske from West Allis, WI. I am deaf and low vision legal blind and with cochlear implants. I signed up PCS online Christmas midnight at 12:05 AM this morning. I'm highlight that where Interneational Meet will be held in Milwaukee, WI next year August. I'm so exciting to see you, I hope. For few years I saw International Meet from Mortuary Managment mazagine that where they had visited in town, other states. Very interesting for they made old hearse to restore for new hearse classic display. it's very important everyone keep hearse display to each local city, town and difference states. that mean Bring back all hearses and ambulances show to young and old people and childrens, they had always interest where the hearse and ambulance vehicles came from, they may see where they had used the hearse come from the funeral home. that why my interesting to see all difference hearses and ambulances. Also I worked groundkeeper at the funeral homes and cemeteries in Michigan for about ten years. When I worked there I had alway see all difference hearses from fuenral home. I could not stop that! It's my cherish interesting. Thank you.

Sincerely
John Reske:):thumbsup::applause::cool:

Steve Lichtman
12-25-2012, 08:44 PM
John, welcome, and we look forward to meeting you in Milwaukee this summer! :cool:

Kyle Martin
12-26-2012, 10:18 AM
welcome john! my stepson has implants also. he was born without ears and has poor sight also. i learned how to sign before he had implants but now hears better than me! many surgerys later he drives and works and leads a very productive life. he loves my old cars and can be counted on if i need any help. as a matter of fact he gets more done when im not around than when im there "helping". look forward to meeting you one day.

John Reske
07-14-2013, 12:53 AM
John, welcome, and we look forward to meeting you in Milwaukee this summer! :cool:

Hi Steve:

Thank you for reply to me.

Yes I will meeting you at International Meet on "Car Day!" Maybe show up meeting and social during Tuesday, Wednesday and during Saturday morning and banquet. My wife will attend Saturday evening also too. Smile!

John :):thumbsup::biker:

Chuck Kramer
07-17-2013, 09:14 AM
Patrick

Are all the Tours booked or are you still taking Reservations?

Patrick J. Martin
07-17-2013, 10:14 AM
Patrick

Are all the Tours booked or are you still taking Reservations?

I am still taking tour reservations, but I need them by THIS SATURDAY. A few of the tour stops require headcounts one month in advance of the meet, and Saturday marks one month until the meet. If you know someone who wants to attend, at least let me know so I can get them included in the count, even if they aren't able to get me payment until later.

The buses for the Thursday and Friday tours are full, but I am arranging alternate transportation for the overflow crowd, so that everyone who wants to attend the tour can, some will just be on a different vehicle.

Wayne Krakowski
07-17-2013, 11:31 AM
Patrick do you know if the hotel has lots of luggage carts,seems 1 always seems to disappear and can be seen racing around,not pointing any fingers just wondering:rofl::rofl:

Sandy Roegner
07-18-2013, 10:43 AM
I am still taking tour reservations, but I need them by THIS SATURDAY. A few of the tour stops require headcounts one month in advance of the meet, and Saturday marks one month until the meet. If you know someone who wants to attend, at least let me know so I can get them included in the count, even if they aren't able to get me payment until later.

The buses for the Thursday and Friday tours are full, but I am arranging alternate transportation for the overflow crowd, so that everyone who wants to attend the tour can, some will just be on a different vehicle.
Patrick - registration going in the mail tonight, but please sign me up for each tour! Looking forward to seeing everyone!!! Already checked out the hotel and location when I went to Milwaukee in June! Hopefully they will park us on the road and not in the back!