Kurt Arends
06-20-2012, 12:10 AM
Really decent car!http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/3085786293.html

Kyle Martin
06-20-2012, 12:48 AM
gonna go see tomorrow let yall know

Josh Gentry
06-20-2012, 11:08 AM
I like it, looks like a pretty nice car. you don't see to many of these limousine style S&S's stil around.

josh

Bill Marcy
06-20-2012, 12:50 PM
I like it, looks like a pretty nice car. you don't see to many of these limousine style S&S's stil around.

josh

I had a 1976 S&S limo-style combo in dark green with a vivid green paisley cloth interior. What a good driving car! I wish I had a picture to share with you guys. I bought it from Tony Karsnia back in 1996.

Josh Gentry
06-20-2012, 12:56 PM
I had a 1976 S&S limo-style combo in dark green with a vivid green paisley cloth interior. What a good driving car! I wish I had a picture to share with you guys. I bought it from Tony Karsnia back in 1996.That car would sure go nice with a dark green 73 S&S Victoria endloader. I would love to see a pic of it.

Josh

Kyle Martin
06-20-2012, 05:19 PM
just got home. went to look at car in channelview and seller called while i was on the way and had to leave. its at abuisness so i was halfway there so i drove out to see if i could see the car. seen it from about 100 feet away and it looks good. east texas car all its life so rust a minor issue. needs paint, but he said it did. has new valve job and states in runs out like iys supposed to and receipts foe all the work. im going back tommorow while hes there. i like but depends on what he will take.. will bring cash, maybe

Bill Marcy
06-20-2012, 05:49 PM
just got home. went to look at car in channelview and seller called while i was on the way and had to leave. its at abuisness so i was halfway there so i drove out to see if i could see the car. seen it from about 100 feet away and it looks good. east texas car all its life so rust a minor issue. needs paint, but he said it did. has new valve job and states in runs out like iys supposed to and receipts foe all the work. im going back tommorow while hes there. i like but depends on what he will take.. will bring cash, maybe

Good luck Kyle! It looks like a very solid car from the pictures!

Kyle Martin
06-20-2012, 06:31 PM
it is bill, i dont want to get to excited about it but its a nice car needing paint.i like the limo style the best. if i dont buy it it wont be because i didnt try.

Kurt Arends
06-20-2012, 06:46 PM
I LOVE the interiors and the partition window in the S&S combos! It really deserves to be something other than white though.

Bill Marcy
06-21-2012, 08:18 AM
I LOVE the interiors and the partition window in the S&S combos! It really deserves to be something other than white though.

At least two toned with a gorgeous green, or blue, don't you think?

Kyle Martin
06-21-2012, 09:19 AM

im gettin ahead of myself here but what color do you think. if i buy it i will paint it anyway so, any suggestions?

Kurt Arends
06-21-2012, 09:21 AM
Depends on what color the interior is. In the photos it appears to be black and silver, but they aren't great photos.

Keith Snyder
06-21-2012, 01:22 PM
Not only is this the last of the "big ones", it is also the last of the limousine-style S&S professional cars. As such, this could be considered a rare and collectable vehicle....something of a milestone car. I hope some dedicated PCS members buys, restores and preserves this unusual example.

Kurt Arends
06-21-2012, 06:53 PM
Did you get a chance to look at it today, Kyle?? What did you think/do?????

Kyle Martin
06-21-2012, 07:44 PM
just got home. went back to channelview,tx. to drive the car and everything he said was correct.(thats a wonder to start with) interior is absulutely perfect. black and silver weave. power windows that operate correctly as he had to replace one window motor. a/c cycling and is still r12. drove the car 75 mph and there are no issues. has original 76 epa sticker even. all records from the funeral home he bought it from. he,s the second owner for the last 2 years. small dent in back door.has rust spots on roof and sides along roof line and where a beacon ray was on it for years. dual air. rear is perfect. flipped rollers over and jump seats and floors perfect, made offer on the car as i want it but at my price and he made counter offer. monday morning will tell. im not gonna lose it over a little. i think i will have it monday as he needs to sell it. car is tight with no rattles or squeaks. good low miles. typing this made my mind up for me . next time i post about it ill own it.

Bill Marcy
06-21-2012, 09:34 PM
Kyle, with all due respect, you are playing with fire. I had interest in the car, but once you spoke up, I backed off. Now, I would not go behind your back and buy it, but you know, there are many other procar nuts out there. All I am saying is, that if you are fighting over a couple hundred bucks, you ought not lose it. It has happened to me and every time I have kicked myself. Even worse, I will then buy less car for more money. I rest my case my brother.

Kyle Martin
06-22-2012, 12:05 AM
Kyle, with all due respect, you are playing with fire. I had interest in the car, but once you spoke up, I backed off. Now, I would not go behind your back and buy it, but you know, there are many other procar nuts out there. All I am saying is, that if you are fighting over a couple hundred bucks, you ought not lose it. It has happened to me and every time I have kicked myself. Even worse, I will then buy less car for more money. I rest my case my brother.

yessir your rite. i'm just tight. money aint easy to come by and my old car buying and selling just makes me that way i guess. i called the guy and im gonna buy it. im sending you a pm.

Matthew Taylor
06-22-2012, 07:46 AM
I would have bought it by now if I had seen the add before today.

David Smith
06-22-2012, 08:04 AM
Soooo is it home yet? :D

That is a beautiful body style! Being a combon makes it that much nicer.

Personally I'd leave it all white. Just seems more appropriate for a dual use car.

Dave Smith

Kyle Martin
06-23-2012, 10:11 AM
called the guy and made the deal. picking it up monday. thanks everyone for encouragment. ill post when i get it home. wife sick friday so i couldnt go but seller is a fair fellow and understood. gonna drive it home monday(hoefully) as i think itll make it and i wont have to tow it. needs trim above windshield, anybody know were i could get one? still looking for trim for the eureka i bought without any luck so far.

Kurt Arends
06-23-2012, 11:10 AM
Is the windshield trim the same as a Series 75 in those years? If so, I do know where there is a '74 Series 75 in a salvage yard that would have the windshield trim.

Kurt Arends
06-23-2012, 11:15 AM
Just looked at the photos of the car again and realized that you are talking about the S&S specific trim above the windshield and not the windshield trim itself. Good luck with that one!

Bill Marcy
06-23-2012, 12:10 PM
called the guy and made the deal. picking it up monday. thanks everyone for encouragment. ill post when i get it home. wife sick friday so i couldnt go but seller is a fair fellow and understood. gonna drive it home monday(hoefully) as i think itll make it and i wont have to tow it. needs trim above windshield, anybody know were i could get one? still looking for trim for the eureka i bought without any luck so far.

Congratulations Kyle, you dome good! I hope you get many happy miles out of it!

Josh Gentry
06-23-2012, 12:40 PM
Congratulations, glad you decided to buy it. Please be sure to keep us updated on paint and other progres with it. But most of all, enjoy it.

Josh

Bruce Biancalana
06-23-2012, 07:17 PM
Congrats! nice car! is that a Park Row or a Park Hill?

Kyle Martin
06-24-2012, 09:47 AM
ya know what bill. i forgot. ill remember i hope but if not ill let ya know monday when i get it to the car lot. im gonna get this picture posting deal resolved asap and yall can tell me what yall think. the guy DID tell me that hes had a lot of calls about the car since he first heard from me and he had had it for sale for months without any takers except for people wanting to make it a car it wasnt meant to be....el camino, fishing rig etc... and they offered el cheapo money.