PDA

View Full Version : 54 Pontiac

Kevin O'Connell
06-04-2012, 06:49 AM
All you have to do is remove 3/4 of your brain....

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/3018358475.html

Mike McDonald
06-04-2012, 08:50 AM
Maybe already done for doing that to a perfectly good original hearse! M M

Russ Austin
06-04-2012, 09:55 AM
Why bag on the guy, and why assume it was a complete car before the correct, and well done chop top. Lots of cars posted in the "sad Pro Cars" section are cars that can be easily put back on the road. They get passed up, and written off as a loss. Its his money, his time, his car. :my2cents:

BTW, if there is no windshield, good luck on getting one to fit the chop top.

James Fischer
06-04-2012, 12:56 PM
BTW, if there is no windshield, good luck on getting one to fit the chop top.

Actually,getting a windshield cut is not really a big deal...at least near me...I just had one cut for a chopped 49 Merc.....and was quite reasonable at that....($200.00) :myopinion:

John ED Renstrom
06-04-2012, 01:11 PM
these projects like a lot of pro cars get passed to a lot of hands before they get done. actually what you see here would be a lot easier to get finished up then the same car with out the chop brought back to original. you don't have to put any thing back right at all. this one you can wing it on everything. from the suspension engine and running gear to the interior. be a lot easier to be driving this one to local rod shows then the one in my drive way. but that being said you still got to want to have a 53 poncho sedan deliver with a extended body and a chopped top. before you dump the money in to it. the P&M is more of why start on it if you can't finish it. if I lived next door maybe but by the time I got this car to me I would have more in it then I would want. mainly because that much would finish the one I have it what i don't see that would worry me. find a rear bumper for a 53. but this makes two the other one is up in Spokane WA looking not quite as finished. put when Joe posted this a while back all we wondered about was who built it. it's a national as close as I can tell.

Steve Loftin
06-04-2012, 03:54 PM
All you have to do is remove 3/4 of your brain...

Since he's obviously a rodder, perhaps this person's brain has been chopped, channelled, and sectioned!

John Royark JR
06-05-2012, 11:40 AM
I still love it! If I had the cash it would be comming to my house. We talked about this car a couple weeks ago, but I cant find what thread it was in.

Joe Melanson
06-05-2012, 07:24 PM
Here ya go, John

It was in sad pro cars. Could not remember myself at first.

http://www.professionalcarsociety.org/forums/showthread.php?p=73315#post73315

John Royark JR
06-05-2012, 09:40 PM
Here ya go, John

It was in sad pro cars. Could not remember myself at first.

http://www.professionalcarsociety.org/forums/showthread.php?p=73315#post73315

Thanks, I looked in there but never saw it. Must not have went back far enough.

Bill Marcy
06-05-2012, 11:04 PM
I like it too! Although I usually like things the way they left the factory, this car is very cool and would attract lots of attention. It looks like fun to me!

Darren Bedford
06-05-2012, 11:31 PM
Rocky, Dwayne

This would be right up your alley bro's !

Looks like most of the work is done.

Too bad shipping would be more than the car,
Darren

Mike McDonald
06-07-2012, 08:55 AM
Maybe already done for doing that to a perfectly good original hearse! M M

My 1st "groan".... am I embarassed! MM