PDA

View Full Version : Another '68 Superior Ambulance

Kurt Arends
05-06-2012, 09:53 PM
http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/cto/2993784850.html

John ED Renstrom
05-06-2012, 10:16 PM
now that's what I was talking about on the other post it's all there or appears to be from what pictures you see and is drive able with a realistic price. this one would be worth asking a friend to go look at.

Martin Harvey
05-06-2012, 10:21 PM
This one has been photographed to much times in NYC streets since the last decade, mixed pictures of Ecto-1 and this car on Flickr and Webshots, it was for sale few months ago for a higher price if I remember?

Kurt Arends
05-06-2012, 10:51 PM
Too bad that those NOS quarter panels that I have aren't for a '68 Superior! Not much left of the quarters on this one! Rockers don't look too bad however.

Kurt Arends
05-06-2012, 10:54 PM
I know of a transport company out of Sioux Falls that runs to the East coast weekly if you are interested Ed! They are very reasonable!?

John ED Renstrom
05-06-2012, 11:10 PM
wish you had told me about that transportation co. early I could have used them. but no, not for me. I was using this for a example of what we were discussion on a different thread. I will be honest with you I would not have another superior if it were the only pro car left and I'm really willing to bulk at another caddy. now if this was a low top olds we might just be talking to them. but if I'm spend the money for a different car you have one that would interest me but I'm about 4 projects away from it.

Dwayne Brooks
05-06-2012, 11:28 PM
Anyone interested in this coach be SURE to check with your preferred carrier beforehand... New York requires their own fuel permits and another permit that escapes me right now for all commercial carriers. The guy that hauled my '69 M-M was talking about it, he won't haul anywhere in NY because their permit fees are higher than the demand to haul in NY.

Bill Marcy
05-06-2012, 11:43 PM
I am pretty sure that I looked at this one last year. It is located in Staten Island NY and it is totally misrepresented. It is behind a boarded up, vacant house with about fifty other clunkers. The guy selling it told me that he was driving it the day before. But, the car actually looked as though it hadn't run for quite some time. When I looked at it, he was asking over $3K. Trust me, I badly want one of these, but it is probably not worth more than $500. It is a real junker!

Attila Bethlenfalvy
05-07-2012, 01:39 AM
I know of a transport company out of Sioux Falls that runs to the East coast weekly if you are interested Ed! They are very reasonable!?

File Martin Rousseau (American Ltd.) away under transport contacts as well Kurt. (Don't think I've mentioned him since you became active on site.) Open hauling lower 48 including inop/oversize for .75/mile currently.

He brought my '58 Superior out of CO and prior '60 MM from NM before handling 5-6 other coaches since on my referrals (including Alex's '59 Crown from IN to TX). Good guy, great service/price, and experienced with coaches. ;)

Kurt Arends
05-07-2012, 09:09 AM
Thanks Attila! Hard to find these guys that will(happily) transport inops and have the equipment(winch)to do it. Lilli Transport in Sioux Falls, South Dakota will as well, but I have never had them transport a hearse or ambulance. Lilli Transport mainly hauls rough used cars to East Coast ports where they are exported. I have had him haul several inop C-body mopars to East Coast buyers. Lilli Transport can be reached at 605.334.9500 or 605.977.2152. Rich is the dispatcher, and Mike is the driver with the equipment and most experience in hauling inops. I probably would not have them haul a very nice or restored vehicle as this is a multi-car transport hauling mainly rough used cars(which leak fluids).

Kurt Arends
05-07-2012, 06:22 PM
I am pretty sure that I looked at this one last year. It is located in Staten Island NY and it is totally misrepresented. It is behind a boarded up, vacant house with about fifty other clunkers. The guy selling it told me that he was driving it the day before. But, the car actually looked as though it hadn't run for quite some time. When I looked at it, he was asking over $3K. Trust me, I badly want one of these, but it is probably not worth more than $500. It is a real junker!

How is it possible that any complete ambulance could be worth less than crush price for that car?? This car is worth all of $1500 in just parts value, and I haven't even laid eyes on it!

Bill Marcy
05-07-2012, 11:14 PM
How is it possible that any complete ambulance could be worth less than crush price for that car?? This car is worth all of $1500 in just parts value, and I haven't even laid eyes on it!

You know what, I agree with you. It is just that the guy misrepresented it's condition in many ways, he just irritated me. And for parts, it probably is worth $1500, but truthfully, it is much rougher than the pictures indicate.

John Royark JR
05-08-2012, 10:26 AM
Thats a bad thing about pics, they can hide alot!! If it looks rough in a pic than it usally is twice as bad in person. As for parts, yes it is worth more in parts than crushed, but most people either do not have the room to part out a car, or want to mess with doing so, it may take along time and can be an eyesore.

John ED Renstrom
05-08-2012, 11:15 AM
1500 for the car and a grand to move it to were you could part it out. that's a lot of shrink to get you money back out. but 15 is not unreasonable for the car as it appears mostly completed. one would have to see what they were getting in to before deciding if it was worth it to them. defiantly a good parts car. but again getting 25 in a parts car may be a little more then one wants. but if I really wanted this model it would be worth looking at. especially if I had one more with a solid striped body to combine with . or I needed a title kind of thing.
you will get half that in the price of a rear bumper or a door. if I had 10 acres I might go into the buy up and junk cars business but I don't and I don't think I have enough time left to ever see my money back in them. but it would be fun. man get one apart and they take up a lot of room.

Bill Marcy
05-08-2012, 03:37 PM
Thats a bad thing about pics, they can hide alot!! If it looks rough in a pic than it usally is twice as bad in person. As for parts, yes it is worth more in parts than crushed, but most people either do not have the room to part out a car, or want to mess with doing so, it may take along time and can be an eyesore.

As rough as this car is, the house is worse! Abandoned houses with boarded over windows, now that is a real eye sore!