PDA

View Full Version : 68 Cadillac Miller Meteor Combo amb/hearse - $1800 (Cumming)

Robert Davidson
04-06-2012, 11:38 PM
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/2877666769.html

68 Cadillac Miller Meteor Combo amb/hearse - $1800 (Cumming)

John Royark JR
04-07-2012, 10:01 AM
I can never understand why people take so bad pics like this, makes you wonder what they are hiding.

Danny Ryder
04-07-2012, 10:26 AM
I can never understand why people take so bad pics like this, makes you wonder what they are hiding.

Has been for sale many times, about 20 miles from me but not even excited enough to go look at it for that price. Looks rough. Mentions back seat so probably hacked up inside but no pictures.

Dave Ware
04-07-2012, 11:08 AM
this car is a mess have a friend trying to get it as a parts car thats all its good for

you want pics check it out

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43685344@N00/sets/72157629623311229/

all we need it for is the hood and right fender

but he will not come off the 1800. yet

with what people want for junk now days i might list my parts cars as well for big bucks

i love this line in the ad
I was asking $1800, what I have in in + 20 years more value
might have value if it was not sitting on a pile of leafs and dirt hahahaha

hey Danny keep your eye out for a hood and finder for a 68 please sir :3_7_11v:

John ED Renstrom
04-07-2012, 12:04 PM
I can get you a good hood and right fender off a 68 but the freight will kill the deal.

Danny Ryder
04-07-2012, 11:26 PM
this car is a mess have a friend trying to get it as a parts car thats all its good for

you want pics check it out

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43685344@N00/sets/72157629623311229/

all we need it for is the hood and right fender

but he will not come off the 1800. yet

with what people want for junk now days i might list my parts cars as well for big bucks

i love this line in the ad
I was asking $1800, what I have in in + 20 years more value
might have value if it was not sitting on a pile of leafs and dirt hahahaha

hey Danny keep your eye out for a hood and finder for a 68 please sir :3_7_11v:

Boy that is bad. Looks like $500 to me and that is only cause back bumper looks ok.

Martin Harvey
04-08-2012, 07:41 AM
Pfff, I paid 1000$ for a plated, complete and running combo. Just dont understand why he is asking that price, even if it was a 50's parts car.

John ED Renstrom
04-08-2012, 12:11 PM
because it rare and he has heard it's worth so much. it's a top line model and a combo to boot. got to be worth the big bucks. :pat: the thing to do is make your offer and leave your card then walk away. by the time he realized you made a good offer you will have found the parts you needed and are no longer interested in getting this car from them. just the way it works don't fight it go with the flow and all will be right in the universe. :specool:

John Royark JR
04-08-2012, 02:28 PM
Boy that is bad. Looks like $500 to me and that is only cause back bumper looks ok.

I was thinking the same thing. Now I know why he didnt show much of the car in pics.

Attila Bethlenfalvy
04-08-2012, 06:40 PM

What a completely assinine statement. Mind you no dealer value opinion carries much weight anyway, because if dealer owned the price would be $3500 as it sits. Epitome of buy low sell high. More credibility is lost each time such a screwy value assessment is made.

$500 huh? Scrap is a little down currently but that coach would still bring $650 minimum dragged across the scales, this after being stripped of usable parts. Windshield $600 conservatively. Side glass $150-200 each. Rear loading door glass $300. Did you know another well known dealer gets over $1000 for an entire good rear bumper? Door panels and rear inner fender panels $50-75 each. Jump seats look really nice, $300/pr. Good front lower bumper ends, $200 right, $150 left. License plate blank, $25. Body moldings, $30-40 each. Rollers and reversible panels, $200. Skirts $150. Front bench core still $75. Running 472 $500. $400 for a used rebuilt TH400. $200 for good hood would be a bargain. Same ballpark for fender. The dash even looks usable... None of these prices are even above market value, a few are considerably less.

Okay, so maybe pulling drivetrain decreases enough weight that only $500 in scrap will ensue. Guess what..? There's STILL over $5k in parts present ($6k+ adding above) - not including dozens of other parts unmentioned. Anyone within a couple hour radius should consider parting over course of a few weekends, seller included.

I don't know seller and am not expressing whether this coach is restorable or not. The worst part of this site consistently includes members berating sellers and their asking prices. $1800 was asking, VERY negotiable, open to trades...and seller is still being brow beaten? I know a handful of people that would have probably already purchased if in closer proximity.

Really would improve site if lowball opinions were kept private. Nothing positive comes of sharing them.

John ED Renstrom
04-09-2012, 12:46 AM
What a completely assinine statement. Mind you no dealer value opinion carries much weight anyway, because if dealer owned the price would be $3500 as it sits. Epitome of buy low sell high. More credibility is lost each time such a screwy value assessment is made.

$500 huh? Scrap is a little down currently but that coach would still bring $650 minimum dragged across the scales, this after being stripped of usable parts. Windshield $600 conservatively. Side glass $150-200 each. Rear loading door glass $300. Did you know another well known dealer gets over $1000 for an entire good rear bumper? Door panels and rear inner fender panels $50-75 each. Jump seats look really nice, $300/pr. Good front lower bumper ends, $200 right, $150 left. License plate blank, $25. Body moldings, $30-40 each. Rollers and reversible panels, $200. Skirts $150. Front bench core still $75. Running 472 $500. $400 for a used rebuilt TH400. $200 for good hood would be a bargain. Same ballpark for fender. The dash even looks usable... None of these prices are even above market value, a few are considerably less.

Okay, so maybe pulling drivetrain decreases enough weight that only $500 in scrap will ensue. Guess what..? There's STILL over $5k in parts present ($6k+ adding above) - not including dozens of other parts unmentioned. Anyone within a couple hour radius should consider parting over course of a few weekends, seller included.

I don't know seller and am not expressing whether this coach is restorable or not. The worst part of this site consistently includes members berating sellers and their asking prices. $1800 was asking, VERY negotiable, open to trades...and seller is still being brow beaten? I know a handful of people that would have probably already purchased if in closer proximity.

Really would improve site if lowball opinions were kept private. Nothing positive comes of sharing them.

"jump on it it's up for grabs" nothing positive comes from pie in the sky talk either