Chris Elzie
04-03-2012, 09:31 AM
Looks like a good deal for someone
http://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/cto/2937180358.html

Richard Vyse
04-03-2012, 09:37 AM
Looks like a good deal for someone
http://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/cto/2937180358.html

Thanks and it is sold. I bought it!! That's Henry Shell's old Criterion.

Bill Leverett
04-03-2012, 10:30 AM
Well done Richard! I know that you will grace us with many pictures. Looking forward to seeing more.

Richard Vyse
04-03-2012, 10:42 AM
Well done Richard! I know that you will grace us with many pictures. Looking forward to seeing more.

I know it has some damage to side you don't see and the rear bumper. Charles said Henry put quite a bit into the mechanicals saying it runs like a top. We shall see and go to get it on April 14th.

Did anyone hear a woman scream in the Denver area this morning? That was more than likely Terri when I txt'd her I bought another Criterion. :stars:

Wayne Krakowski
04-03-2012, 11:07 AM
Last week when you posted "have you ever seen anything so cute" and I responded to the second picture,do you think thats the look when she had when you texted her the great news:hide:

John ED Renstrom
04-03-2012, 11:13 AM
I still have the bumper ends and the marker lights here if you need them

Richard Vyse
04-03-2012, 11:58 AM
More pictures I had. There's Henry next to it who passed away awhile back.

Richard Vyse
04-03-2012, 01:18 PM
Already resold this Criterion. Man that was faster than a few of our "Wheeler-Dealer" guys.

Danny Ryder
04-03-2012, 02:10 PM
Terri carries a long whip! Go Girl!

Russell Dalziel
04-03-2012, 02:15 PM
I know it has some damage to side you don't see and the rear bumper. Charles said Henry put quite a bit into the mechanicals saying it runs like a top. We shall see and go to get it on April 14th.

Did anyone hear a woman scream in the Denver area this morning? That was more than likely Terri when I txt'd her I bought another Criterion. :stars:

No But I did hear a 911 call. and then sirens heading fla LOL

Russ

Jeremy D. Ledford
04-03-2012, 02:16 PM
Wasn't this car in Tennessee at one time? If its the one I'm thinking of.

Richard Vyse
04-03-2012, 02:21 PM
No But I did hear a 911 call. and then sirens heading fla LOL

Russ

Ok Russ, I've owned two Criterion's and you still haven't even got one yet including that phathom rig Criterion in Tennessee you bragged about!

Wasn't this car in Tennessee at one time? If its the one I'm thinking of.

I heard Russ purchased one that was in Tenessee but, you know Russ!

Jeremy D. Ledford
04-03-2012, 03:03 PM
There was a Criterion privately owned in Lebanon in the late 1980's early 1990's that I only seen once out on the road.

Russell Dalziel
04-03-2012, 03:17 PM
Ok Russ, I've owned two Criterion's and you still haven't even got one yet including that phathom rig Criterion in Tennessee you bragged about!

I heard Russ purchased one that was in Tenessee but, you know Russ!

Richard I did buy a Criterion it is in a Climate controlled Storage area with the other Vehicles. The Building has camera's and an Alarm System so it is perfectly safe. I am sure that when I am driving down that way I can stop and pick it up. After all Walmart is open 24 hrs a day LOL

Russ

Steve Lichtman
04-03-2012, 04:30 PM
I know that car. I was the second owner.

Original purchaser was the Dagsboro Fire Co. in Dagsboro, Delaware. I bought it from them. I added the bumper lights and used it briefly with my ambulance service here in MD. It was displayed at the '94 International Meet in Pittsburgh.

I sold it to a fellow in the Nashville area (so Jeremy, you are correct, it was the one in TN). He apparently sold it to the fellow in FL.

Richard, I'm seriously confused. Did you buy this? Did you sell it? What's the scoop? :confused:

Richard Vyse
04-03-2012, 05:02 PM
Richard, I'm seriously confused. Did you buy this? Did you sell it? What's the scoop? :confused:

Neat to get some history on it already. Thanks Steve. Actually I did buy it and still own it and hope to go pick it up one day next week.

He has tons more of stuff available such as:

1987 Cadillac limo dark blue with leather interior and 74,000 miles. $5,000

Cadillac 1962 brand new in the box dash pad-$$$ ??

1962 Cadillac crate engine. He said Henry kept this in his bedroom closet. $2200

All this and more hits Hemmings in the next issue.

David Martin
04-03-2012, 07:29 PM
Well we now know where Richard will be Sleeping the next few weeks while Terri decides what to do with him :rofl1:

Kent Martinson
04-03-2012, 09:41 PM
Well we now know where Richard will be Sleeping the next few weeks while Terri decides what to do with him :rofl1:
For that price, she can't be too mad at him. besides, his lifeliner is messed up and he needs a spare so it was a practical move.

John ED Renstrom
04-03-2012, 10:53 PM
desperation measure call for desperation moves but what a whay to get a used alternator. honest Honey is just a parts car. might work maybe:clubem:

Tim Prieur
04-03-2012, 11:21 PM
Richard: this site was just not the same without you carrying the Criterion banner. Congratulations.

Danny Ryder
04-03-2012, 11:33 PM
Terri told me you should have let it go while you had a chance. Someone needed a trip to florida.

Steve Lichtman
04-05-2012, 11:16 AM
1962 Cadillac crate engine. He said Henry kept this in his bedroom closet...

Wow, maybe I should check in my Dad's bedroom closet. I just might find a whole car in there! :stars:

Richard Vyse
04-15-2012, 08:01 AM
I still have the bumper ends and the marker lights here if you need them

How about the center section with step? Hey Ed, can I install a full bumper without the step? I have the vertical piece and freshly rechromed side brackets for the center section but no step. I know one can be made but why not just install a full bumper.

Thoughts?

Richard Vyse
04-15-2012, 08:03 AM
I know that car. I was the second owner.

Original purchaser was the Dagsboro Fire Co. in Dagsboro:

Name is still on the Criterion Steve.

John ED Renstrom
04-15-2012, 10:55 AM
How about the center section with step? Hey Ed, can I install a full bumper without the step? I have the vertical piece and freshly rechromed side brackets for the center section but no step. I know one can be made but why not just install a full bumper.

Thoughts?

you can put the hearse bumper on the car. you will need both sides and the center license plate section. I have the center and license plate lights off one and the ends but not middle sections. the ambulance is cut different then the Hears in the center. send me up the one that is rusty I'll repair it and send it back to you. lets not do this again with another car. if one doesn't want to go to the expense of re plating the step then sand blasting it and painting it would be in order.

Richard Vyse
04-15-2012, 11:32 AM
you can put the hearse bumper on the car. you will need both sides and the center license plate section. I have the center and license plate lights off one and the ends but not middle sections. the ambulance is cut different then the Hears in the center. send me up the one that is rusty I'll repair it and send it back to you. lets not do this again with another car. if one doesn't want to go to the expense of re plating the step then sand blasting it and painting it would be in order.

Sorry Ed, I'm missing that section and was not with the car. I still have the bumpers Jeremy sold me for the Lifeliner but the tailight would need to be cut out in the bumper.

John ED Renstrom
04-15-2012, 11:20 PM
put them on the lifeline sent me the rusty one of it. mark the hole and I'll cut it out here. did you get the end and the mount at least?