PDA

View Full Version : '65 Superior Crown limo style $750

Attila Bethlenfalvy
01-10-2012, 09:30 PM
1965 cadillac 2 door and hearse - $750 (Brookings,SD)

Date: 2012-01-10, 9:51AM CST
Reply to: sale-jmaee-2792631308@craigslist.org

these cars are not running and need of restoration or for parts. 605 695 1897

http://images.craigslist.org/5K25H65J33M53Nb3H8c1ad0128456703e1037.jpghttp://images.craigslist.org/5L55Gf5Ke3Kb3I33J8c1a232857ea1b751709.jpg
http://images.craigslist.org/5Ic5N65G33Ga3Ia3L9c1a76420f635a6418bc.jpghttp://images.craigslist.org/5I65K45J63n13L43M1c1a58605fc09d811671.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unreal - especially considering the wording. May be $750 for pair! If not, still looks like an original restorable Crown. Another ad posted today that will not last. Ed...hook that trailer and hit the road! :17875:

Michael Mykulak
02-19-2012, 09:10 PM
Rescued from the crusher! I had a gut feeling that it might be a good idea to see what happened to the two 1965's right after Ed posted about a Hooterville firetruck he said was saved from the crusher. I was waiting for a sign, and Ed said the magic words because I had a feeling the hearse was going to get forgotten and disposed. Sure enough, the buyer bought the both and only wanted the coupe. Another coincidence, Bill Carlin got his new 1966 at the same time and I thought to give a call to Bill, for his transport connections in the boat industry in St. Cloud he spoke highly of, see if I could use them to bring the new purchase home. So transport has been completed and thats a story Bill can only tell you about, because he transported it. Three hours to get it out of its parking space. Buried! Lots of pictures of the coach on the trailer at Bill's so far and soon to come. I am keeping only interchangable parts that I can use on our two 1969's I still need my gas tank that I wanted the coach for and my gas tank straps, frame cross members that the gas tank straps are attached to, basically the whole works to repair our Royale back to original. I will trade heavy for the parts I need. I do not know if the tank is 1969 specific or not. Bill has a rust out in the frame of his 1966 and is going to do a patch, possibly, as a temporary repair and entertain maybe taking the frame from the 1965 he he needs it, which would require frame alignment on a rack. Thats what we got going up here in the Northland. Ufda!

John ED Renstrom
02-19-2012, 11:26 PM
that tank will work in your 69. glad you got it and got it closer to home

Michael Mykulak
02-20-2012, 12:20 AM
The gas tank on this coach has the tank in the rear compartment of the coach. It was hit so many times with a front end loader or fork lift and has numerous holes, yet, I told Bill maybe Moyer tank can reinflate it or split it and clamshell it back together. Wishful thinking. I am also in doubt if the large limousine style side rear windows are the same between Crowns and standard limousine style. Don't know how much glass is hidden behind the Crown, but why would you make two sizes of that large piece of side glass? Also noticed some slight difference's in the rear door latch configuration, I need to check against what our 1969 looks like. I really like the Crown features on the interior in this one. Door panels are quite nice with the embossed Crown and star patterns. Nice blue leather jump seats embossed with the Crown and the front seat at the tops of the backrests. Spectacular to see finally a headliner Crown in very nice condition. Head liner front to rear are nice. Rear 1/4 panels can be plasma cut off. 50,000 some on the odometer. Means their could be a tight distributor in the block. A/C coach so is Bill's so we should make sure we take care of Bill's a/c needs. Never seen so many vacuum lines. What were they thinking?

Michael Mykulak
02-20-2012, 12:44 AM
Thank You, Mr. Carlin! Bill brought a friend along to help, not a PCS member but I understand he enjoys the classic cars like the rest of us, so they tag teamed on the pull out. And who ever left the wrecking truck behind with the keys in the ignition in South Dakota, Thank You! Ask Bill, I am not kidding. We got, because, Bill did the random act of kindness helping me out. The getting was good timing as we have bad weather all the rest of the days coming ahead for awhile. I think the buyer might of abandoned the coach and took the coupe because of seeing what it would take to get it out. The seller is moving out the end of Feb so chances are it might of got crushed as was being planned. Closer to home is a nice thing I agree. Ed, I am going to get the window gaskets soaking in the WD-40 and start getting them ready. Do you spray both side and then brush it out along the gasket?

John Royark JR
02-20-2012, 09:28 AM
For about 350 you can buy a brand new tank, you just need the measurments, and a little compairing on the site.
http://www.classiccarautoparts.com/

Tony Karsnia
02-20-2012, 11:44 AM
Good job with this find, guys, although it saddens me to see the '65 Crown in this condition. I photographed the car in northeastern Iowa ca. 1993 and it was in near mint condition with just 42,000 original miles then. Lost track of it after that...funny how cars show up again years later!

Will post some photos later.

John ED Renstrom
02-20-2012, 12:03 PM
For about 350 you can buy a brand new tank, you just need the measurments, and a little compairing on the site.

good site. lot of stuff there but unless they would be willing to make one they don't offer any commercial tanks or sending units. I take that back I did see that a 57 caddy tank will fit the 58 CC but the sending unit that fits that tank does not????

these guys claim that will for a price repair anything http://www.gas-tank.com/

Bill Carlin
02-20-2012, 01:58 PM
Last Friday, a friend of mine (he may never talk to me again) left St. Cloud and drove to southern MN. We exchanged trailers there and made our way to Brookings South Dakota. We had no problems finding the farm where the car sat. It had been carefully parked in a mud hole/swamp a few years earlier. It was sunk upto it's frame in the mud and there was a light covering of snow on the ground to add to the slippery, wet mess. After a few choice words, we decided to at least try to move the car. We had several long, heavy duty chains with us, so we disconnected the trailer and used the four wheel drive of my Yukon to attempt to pull the car out. The first few tries only managed to dig the Yukon into the mud. After we repositioned the chains to locate a dryer area for the truck to pull, we were able to JERK the car out after several attempts. We had to drag the car about 100 feet to a location were we could get the trailer and truck into position. The picure shows my friend using a come-along to move the car onto the trailer. His job was to work the come-along and I turned the steering wheel and chocked the wheels. The come-along would only move the car 6 or 7 feet at a time before we had to redue the chains. When the frame of the car got stuck on the trailer edge, we jacked up the trailer and tried again, only to snap the cable on the come-along. After a few more choice words, I spotted an old ford pickup truck with a plow attached. The truck wasn't in much better shape than the combo we were picking up. Because of the slippery conditoins, the truck and trailer had put themselves into a jack knife positoin so we were able to back the plow truck up to the front of the trailer without disconnecting the trailer from the Yukon. We used a chain attached to the back of the ford plow truck to pull the combo onto the trailer. None of this would have been to bad had it not beed for the gurgling sound only 10 feed from the side of the trailer......the septic system for the house had a hose that just pumped raw sewage all over...a geat smell! We don't even want to know if that was what made the ground so muddy!!!! Once loaded and chained down, we had an easy 4 our trip back to St. Cloud with only an occasional whiff of sewage from our shoes. Overall, it was a fun day and a day to remember. Being able to save a car from the crusher was worth it, and there are some good parts.

Michael Mykulak
02-20-2012, 02:33 PM
There is a certain person that shared this leed and there was a certain person that got premonition to find out, "whatever happened to". I am not naming names. Well I certainly need to show my appreciation to Atti, it was good speculation on his part that the Northland guys could more easily deal with the coach, due to it's proximity to us up here. In 1993 I agree that this coach was spectacular. All white with the blue interior would of been perfect paint and interior scheme. The dark blue that Atti likes or a light blue like Mike Robison's 1965 Royale combination. Mike has cloth in his and leather would of been my preference after seeing the leather seats in this parts coach with the Crown embossed directly into the front seats and the jump seats. Wow! The headliner is in very good condition and the bonus is I finally get to see a Crown headliner. It is beautiful! Seen a picture of one in an EBAY add of a early 61-63 coach that sold awhile back, but not the same as seeing one in person. Dawn and I have a goal to get one Royale combination in our fleet (year is optional) and just have two coach's only. We will sell or trade off our 1969 Sovereign, the 1992 Elite and the 1965 Royale limo style to arrive at our intended goal. Offer us a Royale Limosine combination that is closer to working condition and we will seriously consider. The 67 combination of Dannys is the only one that I know of out there so far that I know of and the interior color does not appeal to us and I am into the Superiors. Bill can certainly use some parts for his 1966, but his coach is quite complete and does not need much. Beyond Bills needs and my wish's for spare parts, Mike Robison's coach might need some parts to perfect it as well. I do not know of that many other folks that could use parts from this salvage so far. All inquiry's welcome. You all know what coach's I am working on and my goals. If you have a coach as nice as Dr. Burchfields 1967 combination, I would throw in our Buick probably, as I have recently fallen in love with that one.

John Royark JR
02-20-2012, 06:14 PM
good site. lot of stuff there but unless they would be willing to make one they don't offer any commercial tanks or sending units. I take that back I did see that a 57 caddy tank will fit the 58 CC but the sending unit that fits that tank does not????

these guys claim that will for a price repair anything http://www.gas-tank.com/

Some other tanks on the site may work. I had to do some digging to find one for my 49 they had a few choices and I had to find the right one by measurments. As for sending units any over the counter universal one will work. I have used them with no troubles on CC tanks. They have instructions on how to make it right for tank depth.

John ED Renstrom
02-20-2012, 11:10 PM
those years of superiors had a side filler that can't be moved. one would have to have a shop close the stock fill hole and add the side one. on a new tank it would be a snap.

but been there done that with the come a long. a dead horse is a pain if it rolles free and is on pavement. did that one have any of the plastic superior scripts on the doors? we are still looking for two of them for the 63

Pat Post
02-20-2012, 11:22 PM
Can someone post a picture of a Crown headliner?

Michael Mykulak
02-20-2012, 11:41 PM
That was one of the first things I checked for and it is missing. Just two holes left where I am thinking it should of been. Yes, I am always thinking of Brendan's Project hoping that it comes back to me someday, helping to make it a 100 point show car. I know exactly the parts he is needing to find. I have been trying to contribute to the build, whatever I can do. Same with Paul's 1969 thats going to get the door rubber and we helped Paul get the mouldings to him for his rear door. Ed, I should of just gave you Paul's moulding for the 1969 as it turned out.

Michael Mykulak
02-20-2012, 11:46 PM
I will be getting pictures up asap and the headliner pictures are nice to look at on a 42 inch flat screen, I must say.

Michael Mykulak
02-21-2012, 11:24 PM
Finally got the pictures moving around to get something posted for the crew here.

Michael Mykulak
02-21-2012, 11:30 PM
The leather jump seats are embossed at the top.

Michael Mykulak
02-21-2012, 11:46 PM
Crown looks good here on the door panel, don't you think?

Pat Post
02-22-2012, 09:16 PM
Very nice! What are the plans for it or is the frame shot?

Michael Mykulak
02-23-2012, 12:29 AM
We are parting it out. I am trying to make arrangements to get help with pricing parts and after that, just have to wait for some good weather. Really would just like to get a Royale limousine combination and trade off three coach so we could stick to our plan of just having the two. We want to keep the 1969 Cadillac Royale limousine hearse we currently have and find a Royale limousine combination, a bonus would be to find a Crown Royale limousine combination, thats all we want. We have a 5 year business plan to start a transportation service, if in that time it seems we will not meet our goals of pursuing this dream, we will likely give up and get out of the hobby and scrap the business plan. We tried selling rubber and that did not turn out as planned either, so no more rubber. Most door weather seal sells for $3.50 to $4.50 a foot, at $2.75 and less for our large quantity sales, all I got, was my butt chewed by the accountant doing our tax returns. Well happy at least others benefited from our efforts and I have said it before we will chalk it up as a legacy contribution to the PCS. I understand being an entrepeneur, you just have to keep trying different endeavors and it is only a matter of time before odds are that one of our business ventures will be sucessfull. So far not many members talking about needing drapes made, so we will see if that happens, or another bad idea. Oh, I was told to watch the movie called "Paying it forward" and then trust that our hard work and effort will come back to us. Okay, others have said don't expect anything. So, Hi, Ho, Hi, Ho, its off to work we go for what I don't know. Forward payment??

Tony Karsnia
03-02-2012, 09:01 PM
Here are the photos I took of this car ca. 1993-94 as it sat on a Dodge dealer's lot in Sheldon, Iowa. At the time, I was a poor college kid, sellling hearses and working the night shift at a funeral home. I photographed this coach on two separate occasions as I was traveling to Nebraska; once at dawn and once at dusk. Not the greatest photos, but better than nothing.

I remember the car was in very nice shape with about 42,000 miles. It is ironic to think back and remember that, on one of these visits, I was driving a 1980 Superior Cadillac 3-way electric that was sold to a funeral home in Stanton, Nebraska. A collector car now too!

Michael Mykulak
03-02-2012, 10:38 PM
This coach only has around 52-54 thousand miles on the odometer currently. Really makes me sick that it would be so expensive to restore this one. I have been looking for this exact style of coach of course and I like 65 since I saw another 3 years ago.

Adam Borkat
03-03-2012, 10:16 AM
Is it really so far gone it can't be saved? I know it wouldn't be cheap, but I think it still looks like more than a parts car. I've seen worse ones that weren't as rare saved...

Michael Mykulak
03-03-2012, 01:27 PM
Adam it is to nice to be a parts car. From the cowl back it is really nice with the only major issue the gas tank being trashed. The front end parts, junk. You would need a complete front clip off a commercial vehicle. Frame straightening, plating, etc. You would need another parts coach to fix this coach and for $25.000 you could have a coach 75% restored because the interior needs lots of repairing also. We have had no luck at all with finding parts for any of our vehicles so far in over 2 years through the PCS, so I am not certain that you could ever get far with restoring it with your luck.. I should say we have had not much luck and yours could be better trying to find parts. The only parts from PCS members so far are Superior nameplates that I bought from Jean-Marc and Ed has sold me a cot, cot bar, brackets and some lights. Tony suprisingly wrote me recently out of the clear blue and told me he knows a local hearse collector that is interested in the 1965 Crown. That was validating, since when one of Tonys friends asks Tony to call for them on something we own, then we know that we hit a rare piece. Paul Newman asked for parts for what sounds like a project turning a coach into a Crown. There is no rust through anywhere with the exception of the bumper ends are starting to rot through. The body is solid except for what might be behind the rocker mouldings and the Crown skirts and I feel that you will find surface rust there but no rust through. It is so nice that I am reluctant to post pictures of it. Realistically I know that it can easily turn out to be one of those projects that you can wait 10 years for the parts to complete this type of project to come along with our sources. Several times now I have been promised parts by members, that I am now finding out were not good for there word, not even a reply to emails from us, so I am at a loss for words to explain how much sense it makes to pursue dead end projects. Trade me a Superior Royale Limousine combination, in good condition and I will give you our 1969 Sovereign after I pull the gas tank out, our 1992 elite and the 1965 Crown. So I guess I should get the add put up "Need a complete Crown coach to repair our parts Crown coach"

John ED Renstrom
03-03-2012, 11:05 PM
a front clip off any caddy would fit that year. I can get you one for around 1500 complete, they quit the CC only in the 64 year. if I remember right it's only 61-64 that are CC only. for the front end sheet metal that is.

Guest 1
03-07-2012, 11:52 AM
Hello,

My name is Matt. I am the collector that Tony talked to you about. In my opinion that car should be saved not parted out. It makes me physically ill to know it will be ruined. If you ever want to let it live again, please let me know.

Michael Mykulak
03-07-2012, 04:07 PM
It makes me more sick than you. I bought this coach because I had the foresight to follow up on what happened to it, no one else gave a rip to do so. The picture in the CL add was all I had to look at as well as others did to. No one else acted on what ATTI provided for intell on it. Not until I contacted the seller did I find out the coach was hit hard in the front end as the add has no mention of it. Then I had to persuade the seller to provide me the contact information of who he sold it to. Then I had to contact the buyer and find out what his plans were for the coach. He was going to sell it for scrap prices, because the buyer only wanted the coupe to repair a convertible he has. That is how we arrived at a price on it. Then the buyer basically abandoned the coach, as the buyer was to arrange transport of it to MN to our storage location. After 3 weeks waiting for a return call no dice. I knew my cash was gone. I had been ripped off. The seller had a date of the end of February to move out of his farmhouse and clean the property up. He did body work on the property. Still no response from the buyer to make good on transport. So after I found out the seller was moving out in 2 weeks it was a panic mission to salvage what I could of my purchase, so I was on my own. After contacting Bill Carlin for help with transport, he personally offered to help out in transporting the coach. It would of cost me at least $350.00 to $500.00 to haul it by any other transport service. Bill is a busy funeral home owner with employees, yet out of all his obligations he made time to help me out. No one else would of done this for me except for Ed more than likely. Bill might of been more interested because he had just bought the 1966 and there was something possibly in it for him, but you can not fault him for that premise as I would of done the same if the tables were turned. Now enter in that the reason it was abandoned, it just happened to be buried up to the frame in a septic system drain field in pee and poop. For some reason the buyer was not up to it. Now factor in that it has no title card. Hot Rod Dwayne has a 1969 at home that he just bought that he can not title becuase his state's DMV absolutely does not want his coach back on the road after being a salvage out of a junk yard. Typically most valuable leeds in the Northland are some what secretive with only certain groups inner sanctum being the only ones that are put on to information of coach's that are available. No one has ever called us to say we have one you would be interested in. I know because it has happened over and over again to us. So far we have not been given an opportunity on at least 4-5 vehicles. I am ****ed because evidently I am not a serious hearse collector as you, so I have come to discover through a recent Email that was mailed me on your behalf. This purchase for me was a risk due to the fact that no Northland members were connected to it or had seen it, or had prior knowledge of its current physical status. So why did you miss it when Atti turned the leed over to the membership? Must not be seriously looking for a coach like we have for the last 3 years. We are only looking to own two coach's, ONLY. We are not hoarders as I have observed happens to alot of the nicer coach's in the PCS. Maybe if you sign on everyday, and all day long, like I do on to the forum, and maybe if you look at ebay daily like we do, and maybe if you are part of a click or are higher up on the popularity food chain more so than us, you will have folks start delivering coach's to your lap as I have observed is a common occurence. An example how we are out of the loop is the fact Ed's 1968 recently sold and I had no idea about it. Dawn and I would of liked to have known about that coach being sold because we had been fauning over it since the first time we saw it before we were members. First time I attended a PCS function the coach was sold privately and I watched it go to Ed at that time. Now I am watching it go to another buyer. Ed and I are friends and still Dawn and I were out of the loop. Oh well, if it is meant to be it will be and if not then not. As much as I would like to restore it. I am partnered currently with Bill Carlin who also needs parts for his recent 1966 coach that was found for him and the biggest lack of in my perception in the group is people being good for their word. I gave my word to Bill that what I say I do. If Bill has any second thoughts about parting the coach out I would reconsider. The other major factor the coach is getting parted out is due to the fact we have now two coach's that both need parts to restore and virtually no one has volunteered any assistance until recently after I disclosed the situation in regards to help in search for parts to help out. I need a gas tank and straps, filler tube, frame cross members, temperature control switch's, times two, etc, as we have now two coach's that are non A/C and both have non operating controls. We had been promised parts sold to us "When things were more quiet down" from one member, that was 8 months ago. That is a member that has no conscience and is not good for his word. Other members same thing, can't even get a reply email from some. So you really want to buy a coach that has been sitting in caustic sewage with the under cariage buried? Be happy to have you own it if you can find all the parts that Bill and I need. Write me, and I will give you my list and I will get a list from Bill of his needs and what his intended parts pulls are that he needs off the coach. I know Bill has a rusted frame on his 1966 and he is looking at saving the chassis for his 1966 coach. With your connections should not be a problem for you to find me the parts including my 1969 Royale corner glass and the combination Superior rollers I need and the rest of the list. Sorry for being so frank to you but the truth is a hard item to debunk or put a spin on. On Bill's 1966 someone attached the fender skirts with lag bolts I am certain he needs parts off this Crown to repair his Crown fender skirts. I am absolutely nuts over this coach and would gladly trade off, our 1992 Elite and our 1969 Sovereign for anyone that would put a front clip on the 1965 and find a gas tank for it and repair the motor so it is operating and drives down the road. I will do the rest of the restoration my self. It is a beautiful coach very worthy and fairly easy to restore if you have the parts, money, storage, work space, frame straigtened on a rack, another parts vehicle to replace engine parts stripped out of it. Bottom line is you will be upside down on this coach in no time. You will have more money into it that you can sell it for. If I was to give a newbie advice here is something I have learned from the Northland chapter. Just brown nose with owners that are elderly and once they get to the point they are ready to sell off their collections, just cherry pick what you want from their collections. Go through the PCS roster and the Forum roster, identify how old certrain members are and what coach's they have that you would like and just sit back and let your charm and sincerity do the rest of the work for you. Otherwise make Bill and I an offer we can't refuse. I have done an extremely unselfish act of manufacturing and developing door weather stripping for the members with our own personal savings account and I charged $2.50 per foot avoiding being greedy. We lost money on the endeavor. I told a member that I wish it would come back around for us and I was told that I should watch a movie about paying it forward to seek comfort in my disappointment. In my attempt to recover our losses the plan was to make some money on parting the coach out to make up for the money lost on the weather stripping that normally costs between $3.50 per foot to $4.50 per foot. Never in PCS history has the group ever pooled money for such an endeavor, that speaks volumes to me. I need to recover 1000's of dollars now to make up for the bad judgement, thinking that, what I do for others will come back around for us. In the real world people only care about themselves, and what they can use you for or get out of you that they want of yours or what you can do for them. I am writing from experience and I want to confess when I first joined the PCS I went through the roster and tried to find my old 1959 Eureka combination to buy back and it led me to Mr Albert Davis who is practically an invalid with serious complications due to diabetes. He told me out of all the friends he had in the PCS group no one calls him to see how he is doing or just to chat. All of his coach's have been cherry picked from his collection and one of his prize possesion's went to a man who at one point berated him because Albert wanted to haul a coffin to a car show that was a non PCS event. He to this day holds a grudge over how this man treated him. And the only story he could choke out. His other big regret that he never took pictures of all the coach's he had in his collection. So when folks don't need you for anything any longer when you get older you will sell your coach's to them and they are declared the winners in life. You have heard it before " The boys with the most toys" something to that effect. I have had many collector cars and ultimately they are just a hunk of iron in the end. Some people only value their self worth by what they can buy for themselves and use to posture amoungst others with. My self worth comes from the fact that I am honest and will tell you like it is. Don't be afraid to call me if you like Or ask to be on my friends list. I would be happy to have you to talk with and grow older with. My time is fleeting and I might have another 5-7 years to be in love with the coach's I loved so much when I was younger. 10,000 characters is the max for posting, just found out. Is this a new record?

Guest 1
03-07-2012, 05:33 PM
I have gone through great lengths to collect what I have over the years without help from anyone, except for the last coach (number eight) I purchased this year. I, much like you, have been put through the ringer, ripped off, lied to, scammed, not only on one coach but two, and nearly lost one of my other cars in trade on the deal. The difference is, I am not sour and holding my past experiences against you. I have never been a member of any group up until now and am way different than any other person you've ever met. There is no reason to be ****ed at someone like me especially when you know nothing of me aside from being a collector. I am the real thing, and am more honest than you will ever care to know. I eat, sleep, and crap hearses (and yes the fins hurt). This is not a ****ing match over who has what, it is about presevation and god forbid actually enjoying the cars while doing so.

Guest 1
03-07-2012, 05:52 PM
I wasn't a member, nor was I looking at the forum at all prior to the last few days. As for questioning my level of seriousness, you know nothing.....You are lucky I wasn't aware of this car, as you would have never even gotten a smell of it, and at least with me, it would still have a chance.

Michael Mykulak
03-07-2012, 07:38 PM
Hi Mathew! Nice to meet you! My name is Mike Mykulak, I am very anxious to meet you and talk to you sometime. I would really like to see your hearse collection someday as I am a serious hearse collector also. It is to bad you could not contact me personally in a timely manner in regards to past posts. Sad that you are now just joining the forum. Eight coach's is alot of coach's to own. Do you drive them all, or are some parts cars? I would be happy to share with you any parts you might need as we have recently bought a parts coach that being the 1965, if you have any projects that might need a part you have not been able to find. We have had little luck finding parts for two of our coach's so we are forced to dismantle a beautiful coach we recently bought. Seems like between NHAA and PCS we have identified that there is only a few parts sources. Much to our disappointment parts come from where ever we can find them. What a shame! Dawn and I live by the Mall of America and if you ever get this way call us first and we will give you a ride in our 1969 Royale. To clarify, you are not the person I am ****ed at, you never chose the words written me, you can not be blamed. As for words in anger, let me tell you some of the things the Administrator here said to me my very first phone call to him, you would not believe it. Bottom line is the administrator is the most fair person to ever operate a forum that I have met to date. He calls it as he see's it, and he has the gift to not choose sides. I have a good friend in Paul who is more of a mentor at this time than before. He might of said nasty things to me but even though he has never apologized he does not need to because friends learn to forgive friends in the heat of the moment. Any time you want to hook up I will let you smell, and taste the new 1965, I smelled it enough to tell you the urine stench is there to stay. Attila another member, just dismantled a coach with decomp in it so bad he had to gut the entire interior so maybe once the interior is gutted, the smell will go away. Okay just joking, about the tasting and smelling part. With me, and what people will say about me, I am an exception as you are. We have gone through great lengths as you have. In 2009 we got our coach and stuck $8,000 into it the first year. We ate peanut butter sandwich's for a year. We borrowed money from my elderly parents to get the coach nice. We do not care for showing the coach because we did it for ourselves and have no one to impress. We have been invited to car shows and have declined. Again Mathew, true I know nothing, thats why I am at this forum. And true I know nothing about you. Let's talk sometime with out folks meddling. Yes, I did promise Atti first crack at parts for the leed, I know, Thank You for reminding me. In reference to what I posted being good for my word. So I have obligations to Bill Carlin and Atti at this point and the coach is whole, so PM me with the parts we need and save the coach. The purpose of the forum is discussion and it is public so maintaining respectfull discussion is encouraged. PM me for a phone number or get it yourself. I take calls up to 11PM. I have family in Lester Prairie we might be related.

Kurt Arends
03-07-2012, 10:11 PM
Michael,
I think that you have had a couple of bad experiences within the group, but that doesn't make us all a bunch of self-consumed hoarders. I LOVE spending other people's money and love to find parts for other club members! I posted a '66 Superior several weeks ago at John's Auto Salvage in Cabool, MO. Bill did inquire about rims and whether he might be able to buy the complete car. Bill called John's about buying the complete car and apparently John said that he would rather sell parts. Bill never asked me about any other parts that he needed for his '66(apparently he was too consumed in his political rant!). I made it very clear that I would help if necessary as I get in that yard often. I just don't like seeing these cars crushed with parts that a members might use. I will gladly carry any member's wish list and help however I can. You mentioned needing '66 skirts or skirt hangers. That's news to me! John's '66 has perfect skirts and hangers.I think that you have been overly harsh in your comments. Get me a list and I will gladly help you find some of what you are looking for. I am not sure as to how many years you have been looking for the parts that you need, but do keep in mind the rarity of these cars. There are those in the group that get a little wierd about disclosing their parts sources which is really unfortunate as these small yards are disappearing daily and those parts benefit no one once crushed. There are many of us who "knew of" and photographed cars in salvage yards years ago. Most of these cars are long gone and we all have dozens of "woulda, shoulda, coulda" stories.
ALWAYS glad to help when I can.
Kurt

Bill might of been more interested because he had just bought the 1966 and there was something possibly in it for him, but you can not fault him for that premise as I would of done the same if the tables were turned. Now enter in that the reason it was abandoned, it just happened to be buried up to the frame in a septic system drain field in pee and poop. For some reason the buyer was not up to it. Now factor in that it has no title card. Hot Rod Dwayne has a 1969 at home that he just bought that he can not title becuase his state's DMV absolutely does not want his coach back on the road after being a salvage out of a junk yard. Typically most valuable leeds in the Northland are some what secretive with only certain groups inner sanctum being the only ones that are put on to information of coach's that are available. No one has ever called us to say we have one you would be interested in. I know because it has happened over and over again to us. So far we have not been given an opportunity on at least 4-5 vehicles. I am ****ed because evidently I am not a serious hearse collector as you, so I have come to discover through a recent Email that was mailed me on your behalf. This purchase for me was a risk due to the fact that no Northland members were connected to it or had seen it, or had prior knowledge of its current physical status. So why did you miss it when Atti turned the leed over to the membership? Must not be seriously looking for a coach like we have for the last 3 years. We are only looking to own two coach's, ONLY. We are not hoarders as I have observed happens to alot of the nicer coach's in the PCS. Maybe if you sign on everyday, and all day long, like I do on to the forum, and maybe if you look at ebay daily like we do, and maybe if you are part of a click or are higher up on the popularity food chain more so than us, you will have folks start delivering coach's to your lap as I have observed is a common occurence. An example how we are out of the loop is the fact Ed's 1968 recently sold and I had no idea about it. Dawn and I would of liked to have known about that coach being sold because we had been fauning over it since the first time we saw it before we were members. First time I attended a PCS function the coach was sold privately and I watched it go to Ed at that time. Now I am watching it go to another buyer. Ed and I are friends and still Dawn and I were out of the loop. Oh well, if it is meant to be it will be and if not then not. As much as I would like to restore it. I am partnered currently with Bill Carlin who also needs parts for his recent 1966 coach that was found for him and the biggest lack of in my perception in the group is people being good for their word. I gave my word to Bill that what I say I do. If Bill has any second thoughts about parting the coach out I would reconsider. The other major factor the coach is getting parted out is due to the fact we have now two coach's that both need parts to restore and virtually no one has volunteered any assistance until recently after I disclosed the situation in regards to help in search for parts to help out. I need a gas tank and straps, filler tube, frame cross members, temperature control switch's, times two, etc, as we have now two coach's that are non A/C and both have non operating controls. We had been promised parts sold to us "When things were more quiet down" from one member, that was 8 months ago. That is a member that has no conscience and is not good for his word. Other members same thing, can't even get a reply email from some. So you really want to buy a coach that has been sitting in caustic sewage with the under cariage buried? Be happy to have you own it if you can find all the parts that Bill and I need. Write me, and I will give you my list and I will get a list from Bill of his needs and what his intended parts pulls are that he needs off the coach. I know Bill has a rusted frame on his 1966 and he is looking at saving the chassis for his 1966 coach. With your connections should not be a problem for you to find me the parts including my 1969 Royale corner glass and the combination Superior rollers I need and the rest of the list. Sorry for being so frank to you but the truth is a hard item to debunk or put a spin on. On Bill's 1966 someone attached the fender skirts with lag bolts I am certain he needs parts off this Crown to repair his Crown fender skirts. I am absolutely nuts over this coach and would gladly trade off, our 1992 Elite and our 1969 Sovereign for anyone that would put a front clip on the 1965 and find a gas tank for it and repair the motor so it is operating and drives down the road. I will do the rest of the restoration my self. It is a beautiful coach very worthy and fairly easy to restore if you have the parts, money, storage, work space, frame straigtened on a rack, another parts vehicle to replace engine parts stripped out of it. Bottom line is you will be upside down on this coach in no time. You will have more money into it that you can sell it for. If I was to give a newbie advice here is something I have learned from the Northland chapter. Just brown nose with owners that are elderly and once they get to the point they are ready to sell off their collections, just cherry pick what you want from their collections. Go through the PCS roster and the Forum roster, identify how old certrain members are and what coach's they have that you would like and just sit back and let your charm and sincerity do the rest of the work for you. Otherwise make Bill and I an offer we can't refuse. I have done an extremely unselfish act of manufacturing and developing door weather stripping for the members with our own personal savings account and I charged $2.50 per foot avoiding being greedy. We lost money on the endeavor. I told a member that I wish it would come back around for us and I was told that I should watch a movie about paying it forward to seek comfort in my disappointment. In my attempt to recover our losses the plan was to make some money on parting the coach out to make up for the money lost on the weather stripping that normally costs between $3.50 per foot to $4.50 per foot. Never in PCS history has the group ever pooled money for such an endeavor, that speaks volumes to me. I need to recover 1000's of dollars now to make up for the bad judgement, thinking that, what I do for others will come back around for us. In the real world people only care about themselves, and what they can use you for or get out of you that they want of yours or what you can do for them. I am writing from experience and I want to confess when I first joined the PCS I went through the roster and tried to find my old 1959 Eureka combination to buy back and it led me to Mr Albert Davis who is practically an invalid with serious complications due to diabetes. He told me out of all the friends he had in the PCS group no one calls him to see how he is doing or just to chat. All of his coach's have been cherry picked from his collection and one of his prize possesion's went to a man who at one point berated him because Albert wanted to haul a coffin to a car show that was a non PCS event. He to this day holds a grudge over how this man treated him. And the only story he could choke out. His other big regret that he never took pictures of all the coach's he had in his collection. So when folks don't need you for anything any longer when you get older you will sell your coach's to them and they are declared the winners in life. You have heard it before " The boys with the most toys" something to that effect. I have had many collector cars and ultimately they are just a hunk of iron in the end. Some people only value their self worth by what they can buy for themselves and use to posture amoungst others with. My self worth comes from the fact that I am honest and will tell you like it is. Don't be afraid to call me if you like Or ask to be on my friends list. I would be happy to have you to talk with and grow older with. My time is fleeting and I might have another 5-7 years to be in love with the coach's I loved so much when I was younger. 10,000 characters is the max for posting, just found out. Is this a new record?[/QUOTE]

Kurt Arends
03-07-2012, 10:48 PM
John's Auto Salvage also has a fairly complete '66 Coupe deVille(w/A.C.) with a good front clip that could be owned for $1500.
Kurt

Michael Mykulak
03-07-2012, 11:06 PM
Kurt, for the sake of clarification, Bill's coach has lag bolts through the fender skirts last time I looked at it, that hold them on. I am guessing that likely because they are Crown skirts specific he will want the ones off the 1965 for his 1966. I will do what I can for Bill because he demonstrated a random act of kindness, I never expected. Turned down my cash offers for transporting just interested in restoring his coach's. He is a sucessful business man whom I would choose to associate with because you learn things from folks that have a good business sense. I hope to learn from Bill what I can and take it with me into other endeavors. Kurt I have been tracking your posts to get to know you and I appreciate how generous you are with the salvage yard finds you share. I am amazed at the number of gas tanks I saw littering the ground around pictures of the coach's in your sad pro cars section. But to know what you are looking at is another thing you need pictures to confirm. kurt, you are a wise sage like Ed I believe, I know it in my heart. I am happy to get to know you as well. I will be in touch and I was aware of the 1966 in Cabool, Mo and had been encouraging Bill to get what he needed from that donor as another source. I appreciate your perspective and opinions. Thank You!

John ED Renstrom
03-07-2012, 11:29 PM
I think I'm confused.

Kurt Arends
03-08-2012, 12:06 AM
I know that the chances of it being good are slim at best, but I would suggest asking John at John's Auto Salvage to get that '66 Superior up in the air to inspect the gas tank on it. It may possibly be usable!
Kurt

Michael Mykulak
03-08-2012, 12:19 AM
Kurt, I will do my ground work before I ask any one to help out by providing pictures for you. Ed posted several photos just yesterday of gas tanks and I keep seeing the same basic configuration of the tank repeat in all the pictures he took, between the coach's he photographed gas tanks of. Much of the only difference is how Superior suspends them up in the rear of the coach differently versus M and M we will make sure. Refer to Ed's pics from yesterday for your opinions.

John ED Renstrom
03-08-2012, 11:55 AM
from what I see the only difference is the filler neck. MM used a rubber hose for there's and superior used a pipe with a rubber connector. MM also has a center strap the goes around the tank in the middle. the 63 has the straps positioned farther out, but all of them use the same bolt on angle iron frame to suspend the tank from. they all look like the work of a apprentice blacksmith. your 69 has been cobbled buy some one else, the other two parts cars you have gotten were gobbled by GM. one more reason I like the CB olds they make since

John ED Renstrom
03-16-2012, 01:30 PM

Ok so now I know what to look for I find it typical murphy's law that 1958 caddy is the only year that there is no replacement gas tank for. the one I need is also twice the money as the rest. go figure

John Royark JR
03-16-2012, 03:26 PM
Ok so now I know what to look for I find it typical murphy's law that 1958 caddy is the only year that there is no replacement gas tank for. the one I need is also twice the money as the rest. go figure

Of course. Im sure you would not want it any other way.:smiley3: