PDA

View Full Version : 1971 International ambulance

Adam Borkat
10-28-2011, 07:04 PM
AMBULANCE - $3500 (Rockford) (http://rockford.craigslist.org/cto/2660476072.html)
Date: 2011-10-20, 6:09PM CDT
Reply to: sale-j2xp4-2660476072@craigslist.org

1971 international Ambulance
One piece underbody, contact 815-229-5394
asking 3,500

http://images.craigslist.org/5U25P55R03m33oa3l3bak580dafd03bb01a21.jpghttp://images.craigslist.org/5Y45U65R23k63md3o2bakf7c13c83279518cb.jpg

Rick Franklin
10-28-2011, 09:24 PM
If the "Rockford" in the header is in Illinois, I would run like hell in the opposite direction, keeping my hand on my wallet!

John ED Renstrom
10-28-2011, 09:48 PM
I think I sat in that truck or was it stand in it with my feet on the ground

Steve Lichtman
10-29-2011, 12:42 PM
"One piece underbody". Really? So that means there is only once piece of the underbody left now, the rest must have been washed away....

This is the same one I saw about 12 years ago in Rockford, it was a piece of $#!+ then and I'm certain it hasn't gotten any better since. Run, don't walk, away from it. :pirate:

(At least the price has gone down, he was asking $4000. It wasn't even worth $4.)

Harry Evans
10-29-2011, 01:44 PM
So there is someone is Rockford Ill who has old ambulances? I'm trying to find a 71-72 Lifeliner that was there for sale along with some 59 Cadillacs maybe 10-15 years ago. Anyone know the guy? Or what happened to these cars? What else did he have for sale (If this is one person)

Steve Lichtman
10-29-2011, 03:58 PM
:stop:

There is a guy in Rockford with a large "collection" of antique cars. He did have a '59 Eureka (?), never saw a Lifeliner. But this guy is more crooked than a country road. He makes you believe that he's got the holy grail and you should pay for it, and the cars, ALL of them, are junk. They were all in bad shape years ago and they all sit outdoors with no care whatsoever. In short, he's a liar and a cheat.

Please do a search on "Rockford" to find other tales of woe with him, and you'd be well advised to not deal with this crook. I was warned, I took his bait anyway against my better judgement, and I was nearly ripped off. Please learn from my mistake. If you do deal with him, well, you've been warned....

(And yes, this Travelall is the vehicle I went to see. Well, no, it's not the one I went to see, but it is the one I saw when I got there.) :mad:

Bruce Biancalana
10-29-2011, 05:43 PM
This international is Not the one that belongs to the dreaded Rockford individual you guys are referring to. This is not the old speedway ambulance with supposedly low miles that the Rockford individual has been trying to sell for 20+ years. This International is owned by a private party. I have seen this truck parked different places in Rockford. if you guys have interest I wouldn't dis guard it just because it is in Rockford. Rockford IL is a fairly large city ( third largest city in Illinois) and it is loaded with old cars. I have never looked at this rig up close if needed I could look it over if someone needed me to.

Bruce Biancalana
10-29-2011, 06:03 PM
:stop:

(And yes, this Travelall is the vehicle I went to see. Well, no, it's not the one I went to see, but it is the one I saw when I got there.) :mad:

This is not the car you went to see, the truck you are refering to is red and white with checkerboard trim around it. It has a Beacon Ray with 2 CP 25's. I see this truck on a fairly regular basis, you can actually see it from the street parked in the guys lot. He still has it and will probably die with it.

Steve Lichtman
10-29-2011, 08:53 PM
Bruce, my apologies then. From the limited pictures in the Craigslist ad, it looked like the same one, but I couldn't see the sides of this one to see if it didn't have the checkerboards.

It was an easy assumption on my part that there weren't two Travelall ambulances in Rockford. Apparently, then, there are.

My apologies to the seller, who I confused with a disreputable individual but apparently isn't him.

:3_7_11v:

John ED Renstrom
10-29-2011, 09:41 PM
better make one more trip out there and pick this one up then. you can stop and look over Bruce's stable while your there. but I to have jumper to the conclusion it was the same truck. glad there was some one here to straighten us out. don't want anyone to miss on on there dream car because of something I said.

Bruce Biancalana
10-29-2011, 09:55 PM
No need to apologize, I certainly always value you input Steve. what I trying to do was separate the two trucks. I am well aware of the one guy we all look out for, if someone was interested in an International I didn't want this one to get the bad dealer rap. That said, I have never looked at this rig I am not interested in it for my self. Just to be sure I was correct, I called and spoke with the owner's father. The owner lives in MA but his father is trying to sell it and get it out of his yard. To me it seems somewhat high on the price but the guy sounds motivated. I don't know the guy and have no input on his character. If any one has interest, I can check it out its about 10 minutes from my house.