View Full Version : 1972 Superior 3 Way

Josh Gentry
09-18-2011, 09:31 PM
Doesn't look bad at all.
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/2599228979.html

Josh

John ED Renstrom
09-18-2011, 10:57 PM
sure wish I could get excited about a hearse. this would be a nice one.

Bill Marcy
09-19-2011, 12:04 AM
I am not much of a hearse guy, but this one is gorgeous!

Josh Gentry
09-19-2011, 12:45 PM
Interesting that there are no name plate brackets in the windows, and they are mounted on the doors. I wish it wasn't so far away, shipping would caust a arm and a leg.

Josh

Josh Gentry
09-19-2011, 10:11 PM
Spoke with the owner of the car a little while ago. The 3 way table is a manual table, and he says it works great. He said the car has ben in storage for about 5 years, but it runs and drives really good. He said he bought the car from someone in CO, and wasn't sure of the Funeral Home or the town it came from. Hmmm, its got name plates on the doors, shouldn't that be a hent? Other than that, he didn't really seem to know to much about the car. He is suppose to send me some more pics of the table, and the rest of the car, if he does I will post them.

Josh

John ED Renstrom
09-20-2011, 11:51 AM
that would be this car then. I have it labeled as a 71 if I remember right it was out of the Denver area sold on e-bay about the time I had the 71. I was collecting pictures of them. sorry the picture is poor quality. as neither show the front end I can't say the year correctly. but I don't see the park light in between the headlights. or the hint of one. but it's the same car with the name plate on the doors

Josh Gentry
09-20-2011, 03:19 PM
I'm not positive, but I think its a 71. Ed, the pic you posted with the doors open is not the same car. The one on CL has blue curtains and door panels.

Josh

Josh Gentry
12-01-2011, 04:45 PM
Got a txt from the guy that ownes this car today, and he said it needs to go, as he has no where to store it. He has lowered the price to $6,000, whitch in my opinion from the pics I have seen, and talking to him, it is well worth that. I beleave he was asking somewhere around $7,500. It is located in the LA area. If anyone is seariously interested in this car, send me a PM and I will put you in contact with him. Please searious interests only. I would buy this car in a minute if I wasn't doing the restoration on my Superior. I can't aford both.

Josh

Paul Steinberg
12-01-2011, 04:50 PM
This one looks like it is ready to drive without anything necessary. Put the Superior on ice for a while, and buy this one. For that price, you can't go wrong.

Josh Gentry
12-01-2011, 05:30 PM
Was thinking about that. It is ready to go, even has a rebuilt engine. I've put the combo off long enough though. But it is very tempting.

Josh

Kevin M. Parkinson
12-01-2011, 08:41 PM
The nameplate mounted on the door says Superior. The pictures posted by Josh are of a 1972, if it is all original. The trim down the center of the engine hood was a 1972 (not 1971) feature, as well as the rubber bump strips on the front bumper. I don't know about the difference in appearance of the door panel color, but all of the pictures posted by Josh and Ed look like the same car to me.

Josh Gentry
12-01-2011, 09:00 PM
Right you are Kevin. This would make a great one to add to your 72 Pro-Car Collection.

Josh