http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/cto/2401214446.html
**be leery of this seller*****

64 MM....going to crusher...
http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/cto/2342477302.html

76 MM
http://winstonsalem.craigslist.org/cto/2401730642.html

38 Lasalle
http://knoxville.craigslist.org/cto/2334735407.html

Umm......the landau bars are upside down.....
http://westky.craigslist.org/cto/2350769008.html

Cary Livingston
05-25-2011, 08:26 PM
I saw this "
Craigslist Listings & Discussions This forum is for the listing and discussion of Professional Car related items. Please limit one item to a post. This forum is not intended to become a search engine for Craigslist."......AFTER I posted......

Russ Austin
05-25-2011, 10:52 PM
Why the hell not show these? Its information someone may need.

Keith Snyder
05-25-2011, 11:30 PM
I don't know about anyone else, but I appreciate seeing what's out there for sale - from wherever. There were some of these cars that Carey posted that are very restorable - that 65 flower car, the 64 and 66 Miller-Meteors for example. Everybody needs help in locating a good vehicle and these cars deserve to be preserved. If someone in the PCS wasn't aware of cars like these they'd end up in the scarp yard or worse yet customized or made into rat rods. Remember....in any given year there were only a limited number of these produced by any given company. They're not like passenger cars where thousands or hundreds of thousands of examples were built and sold each year. It's not like there's one on every corner...there is truely a limited supply of these specialized cars available.....it has always been so.

John ED Renstrom
05-25-2011, 11:41 PM
marry the one in north dakota and the one in Flarida and you got a running 64 for under 2000. not bad except they are a few thousand miles apart.

Russ Austin
05-26-2011, 08:16 AM
Its obvious that this site supports bone stock cars, while sites like the NHAA support customising the cars. Both opinions are fine, until one group decides to bad mouth another. Since I plan on not putting my 63 Superior back to stock configuration, I'll defend that realm. Anyone can bolt on parts that are made for a specific make & model. Where the real talent comes into play, is when a custom job is done correctly. Takes time and skill to research/fab up parts to function correctly. The best mods are always notthe ones you can see, but rather the ones you dont see. If it blends in, you've done a good job.
Restoring a vehilce is hard work. When you add a car that is hard to find parts for, I bet you will find something that works. Guess what. You just customized your vehicle.

:argueing: my 2 cents.

Website Administration Committee
05-26-2011, 09:50 AM
I don't know about anyone else, but I appreciate seeing what's out there for sale - from wherever. There were some of these cars that Carey posted that are very restorable - that 65 flower car, the 64 and 66 Miller-Meteors for example. Everybody needs help in locating a good vehicle and these cars deserve to be preserved. If someone in the PCS wasn't aware of cars like these they'd end up in the scarp yard or worse yet customized or made into rat rods. Remember....in any given year there were only a limited number of these produced by any given company. They're not like passenger cars where thousands or hundreds of thousands of examples were built and sold each year. It's not like there's one on every corner...there is truely a limited supply of these specialized cars available.....it has always been so.

We have a policy that this website maintains an orderly system, and that is why we have the policy of one car to a post. If the car has some significant reason to be posted, such as being rare, or old, it should be. If it is just another hearse, without any signifcance, such as 1 of the many that are generally available to the public, then it shouldn't. If a person is truely interested in finding these vehicles, then they expend the same effort as those that find these cars and post their findings. As the old expression goes, when you are a guest in someone else's home, you play by their rules.

05-26-2011, 09:55 AM
Its obvious that this site supports bone stock cars, while sites like the NHAA support customising the cars. Both opinions are fine, until one group decides to bad mouth another. Since I plan on not putting my 63 Superior back to stock configuration, I'll defend that realm. Anyone can bolt on parts that are made for a specific make & model. Where the real talent comes into play, is when a custom job is done correctly. Takes time and skill to research/fab up parts to function correctly. The best mods are always notthe ones you can see, but rather the ones you dont see. If it blends in, you've done a good job.
Restoring a vehilce is hard work. When you add a car that is hard to find parts for, I bet you will find something that works. Guess what. You just customized your vehicle.

:argueing: my 2 cents.

It has been our policy from day one not to allow anyone to bad mouth any other opinion, website member, club, or website. If and when a member of this website does this, then the comment is removed, and the person is issued a warning not to do it again. If they do it a second time, they are removed from the group. It is unfortunate that other websites don't also have a policy like this, and allow their members to badmouth the PCS and this website without any repercussions.

Rich Koski
05-26-2011, 06:10 PM
I have to agree with Russ and Kieth. I guess I thought one of the goals of this group was to promote the preservation of professional cars. As we all know there are not that many professional cars made in any given year. Not to mention different configurations. Each car is unique in its own way. I would hope that there is some way to develop a forum where any professional car that is located for sale could be posted without limiting the poster to only one. I for one don't always have time to search through ebay or craigslist to see what is available not to mention local classifieds. If one professional car is saved from destruction or we gain new members I think it would be worth it. Simply posting links to cars for sale would suffice and if someone is interested they could search further.:my2cents::myopinion:

Cary Livingston
05-26-2011, 06:50 PM
I have a tendency to "turbosurf" as well as "turbopost"....since this website tends to lag at times, I would prefer one post for numerous cars rather than go through the hassle of post one, post another, post another, post another as it it too time consuming. This board in general gets to bloated as is with posts and going back to multicar posts in the Craigslist forum makes sense to me ( as well as others) who I assume dont have time to run through numerous individual posts as they surf various arenas online which tend to consume more and more time.
:my2cents:
(BTW...I just read back to find the "change" in posting rules 2 months ago)

Attila Bethlenfalvy
05-26-2011, 07:02 PM
Hope someone gives that '64 MM a good home...and FAST! Thanks for posting the ads Cary.

It has been our policy from day one not to allow anyone to bad mouth any other opinion, website member, club, or website. If and when a member of this website does this, then the comment is removed, and the person is issued a warning not to do it again. If they do it a second time, they are removed from the group. It is unfortunate that other websites don't also have a policy like this, and allow their members to badmouth the PCS and this website without any repercussions.

"Rules" here are applied liberally to some while lacking with others. As such, the first highlighted portion is a blatant fabrication until all defaming comments are removed. Maybe then the "rules" won't be viewed as so much of a joke.

This leads to the second highlighted portion. Each comment made on other sites (positive or negative) is a direct result of how this site is run or the confined viewpoint nature. How can it come as a surprise exactly..? Until things 'loosen up' here (never), they will continue. PCS may have beneficial areas to offer but is the least accepting of other groups. Why do you think it is HearseCon for example has drawn more procars the last two years than International meets..? Let that saturate.

Russ Austin
05-26-2011, 07:10 PM
good post, :hide:

Rick Franklin
05-26-2011, 09:00 PM
Hope someone gives that '64 MM a good home...and FAST! Thanks for posting the ads Cary.

"Rules" here are applied liberally to some while lacking with others. As such, the first highlighted portion is a blatant fabrication until all defaming comments are removed. Maybe then the "rules" won't be viewed as so much of a joke.

This leads to the second highlighted portion. Each comment made on other sites (positive or negative) is a direct result of how this site is run or the confined viewpoint nature. How can it come as a surprise exactly..? Until things 'loosen up' here (never), they will continue. PCS may have beneficial areas to offer but is the least accepting of other groups. Why do you think it is HearseCon for example has drawn more procars the last two years than International meets..? Let that saturate.

Attila: If youre so put off by the rules on this forum and we as a club operate, then why dont you just stay with Hearse Con & the other clubs and leave us alone? Im tired of hearing how you dont like what we do here.

Attila Bethlenfalvy
05-26-2011, 09:22 PM
I clearly stated the PCS does have beneficial areas Rick. You incorrectly made the assumption that I've been to HearseCon - I have not. Merely stated fact about coach attendance figures.

How many instances have made you "tired" exactly? Maybe 8 times in 13 years? In doing so, you brought a very valid observation Rick.

The largest difference between how this site operates when compared to other procar clubs? Others actually make CARS the priority; a deeper appreciation for the machines themselves. What the PCS club matches in spirit, it significantly lacks online. On this forum, DOZENS place themselves and opinions above the cars. Hierarchy is seriously maladjusted. No exaggeration, I have heard numerous times in person over the last decade that if a person's first interaction with the PCS was through a meet and not through the website, membership would be much higher. This coming from PCS members! Just being matter of fact.

Should be obvious with 99%+ of my posts that coaches come first, which is why I take the time. Have a new forum tool implemented like most other forums already have: an ignore feature. Problem solved.

Then you'd miss all sorts of chock-full fun filled posts and be blissfully elated.

Darren Bedford
05-27-2011, 12:47 AM
I don't see why posting a few items in the same post should be a problem.

I am not too computer savvy and don't even know how to check other cities listing on Craigs list or Kijiji. I don't have the time to do the searching either.

I appreciate all these link that I wouldn't find myself otherwise.

It would take the person posting longer (and maybe they wouldn't even bother) if they had to make 6 posts instead of one.

THANKS for posting Cary !
Please keep posting ! ...even if you have to do it one at a time.

We appreciated it very much,
Darren

Kevin M. Parkinson
05-27-2011, 09:33 AM
(BTW...I just read back to find the "change" in posting rules 2 months ago)

I used to look forward to Adam's regular postings of what he found on Craigslist before this "rule" appeared. I have never been as successful as he and other previous Craigslist posters in finding things and saw their postings as a service to the Friends of the Professional Car Society.

As the old expression goes, when you are a guest in someone else's home, you play by their rules.

That makes it feel a little less like Friends of the Professional Car Society and more like Rule Makers of the Professional Car Society.

Nicholas Yassan
05-27-2011, 09:54 AM
I bought a coach because someone on this website posted multiple cars for sale from craigslist that i would have not otherwise found. I appreciate the work that people do to make buying a hearse easier.

Steve Loftin
05-27-2011, 10:00 AM
the 65 :o
http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/cto/2401214446.html
**be leery of this seller*****

Does the seller have a poor reputation?

Cary Livingston
05-27-2011, 12:02 PM
Does the seller have a poor reputation?
This seller (on Craigslist as well as Ebay) warrants caution ( as well as as one you DONT know). Buyer beware.....nuff said. Unless I have seen it, touched it and viewed a title in hand.....my guard is always up.

John Royark JR
05-28-2011, 10:16 AM
OOOHH The drama returns. How did we get on this kind of rant just because someone said that the cars should be posted seperatly?

I too like the listings on one post, but it is no big deal to look at them seperatly. I think the reason for the rule is so if someone else posts what they find they can quickly see that it has been posted already, so we dont have 10 new threads posting the same car. :clubem:

Steve Lichtman
05-28-2011, 02:48 PM
... Why do you think it is HearseCon for example has drawn more procars the last two years than International meets..? Let that saturate.Atilla, with all due respect, we aren't out to compete with HearseCon or any other group. We discussed this several years ago, and came to the conclusion that being the group dedicated to preserving professional cars in their original (or nearly so) state was more important than being the biggest club and/or show. So really, that doesn't matter all that much.

OK, 'nuff on that point.

Website Administration Committee, what is wrong with someone posting several vehicles for sale on Craigslist or e-Bay in one post? I think that's actually a good idea - someone has time, expertise, and interest to do the search and shares their results with others who may not have those attributes. I don't see anything wrong with sometimes being the "search engine". What's the logic behind this?

Dan Herrick
05-28-2011, 07:01 PM
"Website Administration Committee, what is wrong with someone posting several vehicles for sale on Craigslist or e-Bay in one post?"

Nothing, and there is no rule that says you can't do that. The rule says that if you do make a listing with more than one vehicle then discussion of those vehicles will not be allowed in that post. So if you wish to start a discussion on one of those vehicles start it as a new post. This was done in part to try to eliminate a problem that we have had with members becoming confused as to which vehicles the discussions were on.

Dan Herrick

Steve Lichtman
05-29-2011, 11:59 AM
Dan, I understand your comments regarding minimizing confusion, that makes sense. I know you are a member of the Website Adminstration Committee, but your comments conflict with what the WAC posted earlier in this thread, which stated there is a rule of only one car to a post, period.

We have a policy that this website maintains an orderly system, and that is why we have the policy of one car to a post. If the car has some significant reason to be posted, such as being rare, or old, it should be. If it is just another hearse, without any signifcance, such as 1 of the many that are generally available to the public, then it shouldn't. If a person is truely interested in finding these vehicles, then they expend the same effort as those that find these cars and post their findings. As the old expression goes, when you are a guest in someone else's home, you play by their rules.

Dan Herrick
05-29-2011, 12:58 PM
Dan, I understand your comments regarding minimizing confusion, that makes sense. I know you are a member of the Website Adminstration Committee, but your comments conflict with what the WAC posted earlier in this thread, which stated there is a rule of only one car to a post, period.

You should go back and read the updated statement.
"This is an informational forum for Craigslist of Professional Cars and related items. This forum is not intended to become a search engine for Craigslist. Posts with multiple listings, will be closed for discussion. Any discussion that happens prior to the thead being close, will be deleted. All threads and posts may be deleted after 30 days."

Cary Livingston
05-29-2011, 01:45 PM
Steve...this was the "rule" last week.....

Craigslist Listings & Discussions This forum is for the listing and discussion of Professional Car related items. Please limit one item to a post. This forum is not intended to become a search engine for Craigslist."

This is the "rule" this week....

"Craigslist Listings & Discussions This is an informational forum for Craigslist of Professional Cars and related items. This forum is not intended to become a search engine for Craigslist. Posts with multiple listings, will be closed for discussion. Any discussion that happens prior to the thead being close, will be deleted. All threads and posts may be deleted after 30 days."

I guess multicar posts are ok......we just cant "discuss them".

This was done in part to try to eliminate a problem that we have had with members becoming confused..

Dan Herrick

:yum:

Todd Merrifield
05-29-2011, 06:06 PM
This is what happens when people run out of other things to argue about.

Douglas Smith
06-18-2011, 09:12 AM
I too like the multiple listings in one posting.

Back to Attila's comments. I was also warned on multiple forums about not coming here because of the attitudes of many members and it is true from the beginning I have not felt very welcome here. But I have received lots of valuable information on my car that others did not have and for that I thank you all.