PDA

View Full Version : Parts for a 1975 Superior 54

Jim Staruk
02-05-2011, 01:29 PM
I have to purchase everything that belongs in the patient compartment of a 1975 Superior 54 ambulance. This includes the oxygen tanks, regulator, controls and hoses as well as the suction unit, air/heat/light controls, communication equipment, blood pressure unit and whatever else was standard in the car. My question is: Are all of these specific to Superior or did all of the conversion companies use the same equipment. Also, are these items year specific? Lastly, any idea where to start looking for these items besides Ebay?

Thanks. Out to shovel more snow ..

Ron Devies
02-05-2011, 01:50 PM
None of the above and all of the above. In other words it wasn't just Superior but M-M and S-S used the same companies. You would find a Rico vacume suction unit, there is a real good possibility you would find a telemetry bar with Sphygmomenometer, battery operated code clock, demand valve resuscitator, bag valve mask resuscitator. Two E cylinders one with regulator. I have a Hudson Lifesaver Kit affixed to the counter with a complete set of oral pharyngeal airways and phalanges carpet tape was used. I have been trying to find a Motorola dialer and control head.

Steve Apgar
02-05-2011, 02:04 PM
I do sometimes see somebody trying to sell old ambulance equipment on my site www.ambulancetrader.com They will list some of the older stuff in the parts and equipment section. I check it often so will forward any leads I see. Steve

Jeremy D. Ledford
02-05-2011, 03:00 PM
Check with Chris Elzie also Jim. He's parting out a 73 Superior hightop as well that may have some items to offer.

Chris M. Kelley
02-05-2011, 03:53 PM
Reasonable offers entertained.

http://s1115.photobucket.com/albums/k547/idiggEMShx/Extra%20Ambo%20Equipment/