PDA

View Full Version : 1948 Buick ambulance

Adam Borkat
12-28-2010, 12:49 PM
1948 Buick ambulance (http://denver.craigslist.org/ctd/2114170569.html)

Danny Ryder
12-28-2010, 02:26 PM
For the price I was hoping for alittle more.:14_6_12:

Chris M. Kelley
12-28-2010, 04:08 PM
Is it me, or the pictures... But it looks odd. Like, frame bent, odd? It looks misshapen.

John ED Renstrom
12-28-2010, 09:52 PM
no engine up front, pieces in the rear would make it sit funny. close enough to go get but why! one could never replace the interior in the back. I just don't recall many ambulances even in the 70s with the shag rug look. but I love the walrus mustache Buick's. wounder why they think ambulance. it looks black under that red no lights on it or places were they would have been. bet it's a hearse.

Dwayne Brooks
12-28-2010, 11:18 PM
Sure looks like a Flxible with that huge tall hood. I spit my pop out when the pic of the shag carpet interior showed itself!!! Groovy man... groovy

Shawn Blyler
12-28-2010, 11:29 PM
I spit my pop out when the pic of the shag carpet interior showed itself!!! Groovy man... groovy

I thought people from Ohio call it soda, not pop......usually only us crazy Pennsylvanians call it pop.

Yeah, gotta love that carpet.....WOW! Makes me wonder how we didn't go blind in the 70's......

Dwayne Brooks
12-29-2010, 12:33 AM
I thought people from Ohio call it soda, not pop......usually only us crazy Pennsylvanians call it pop.

Nah "soda" is a southern thing I think :yum:

Richard Vyse
12-29-2010, 09:35 AM
I see it is a rear engine car....

John Royark JR
12-29-2010, 02:24 PM
wounder why they think ambulance. it looks black under that red no lights on it or places were they would have been. bet it's a hearse.

They may be correct. If you look at the dash it looks like there is a switchbox on top in the center. This is the only thing that makes me think it may be an ambulance.

Mike Stevens
12-29-2010, 09:02 PM
Pop or soda? It's a regional thing. The closer to the Ohio river I get the more I hear soda. Sorta like coke being a generic term for ANY soft drink some places I have been.
I have to say I too think this is a Flxible. The high hood gives that away. I would almost bet that the original panels and upholstery, however bad are under all that 70s shag. Poor way to store that crank but at least it is dry from the looks of it.
I wonder about the disclaimer at the end. Price does not include emission testing and some other stuff that will cost extra. Emission testing for a 48?
R they serious?
Mike