PDA

View Full Version : My 1967 Superior Cadillac Ambulance

Jim Staruk
09-22-2010, 07:05 PM
Just listed my 1967 Superior on Craigslist.

http://worcester.craigslist.org/cto/1968213276.html

I love this car but I need a new project and I only have a 3-bay garage, so I decided to keep my oldest (1966 combination) and my newest (1972 ambulance). I'll come down a little in price to keep it in the PCS family.

Robert Shepard
09-22-2010, 08:39 PM
Jim - Your ad states that the car was in service in Sacramento. Do you know which company owned it? From memory, the services that operated the area were Sacramento Ambulance, Superior Ambulance, Metropolitan Ambulance, Capitol Ambulance, Foothill Ambulance and Professional Ambulance.

Bill Marcy
09-22-2010, 08:53 PM
Great looking ambulance Jim! Good luck!

Jim Staruk
09-22-2010, 09:24 PM
Jim - Your ad states that the car was in service in Sacramento. Do you know which company owned it? From memory, the services that operated the area were Sacramento Ambulance, Superior Ambulance, Metropolitan Ambulance, Capitol Ambulance, Foothill Ambulance and Professional Ambulance.

It spent it's entire career at Kaiser Steel bringing injured workers to the hospital. The roof signs still read "KAISER". Attached is an original photo of the car at work. I replaced the CA lenses with bullet lenses.

Tim Prieur
09-22-2010, 09:35 PM
Jim: best of success with the sale. It looks like you have done a fabulous job in making it a first rate car!

Brendan Martin
09-22-2010, 10:31 PM
Good luck Jim. We had a Kaiser Aluminum plant in Portsmouth RI.

Kent Rogne
09-23-2010, 03:23 PM
Yep. it was a Piner's Ambulance originally, located in Napa, Ca. I did use it a few times on runs there. Piner's sold it to Kaiser in Napa back in the early 70's. some guy had it in storage and told my friend John Morris about it in Sac. He bought it and put a bunch of bucks into it but it never looked right. I Had some pic's of it and agave to him, which is the pic you see against the fence. I have some others I took of it in my collection. The calif casings were missing parts so unable to attach sealed beams to them. lookd good with the bullets and Q. worth all the money now. GOOD JOB:smileICEflag:

Jim Staruk
09-23-2010, 05:14 PM
The calif casings were missing parts so unable to attach sealed beams to them. looks good with the bullets and Q. worth all the money now. GOOD JOB:smileICEflag:

Here's what it looked like when I bought it from John...

Brendan Martin
09-23-2010, 05:46 PM
I had the pleasure of seeing this and Jim's other cars last month. I think it is a beautiful car and it would make someone very happy. BTW the garage is pretty sweet also!

Mike McDonald
09-23-2010, 05:57 PM
Yep. it was a Piner's Ambulance originally, located in Napa, Ca. I did use it a few times on runs there. Piner's sold it to Kaiser in Napa back in the early 70's. some guy had it in storage and told my friend John Morris about it in Sac. He bought it and put a bunch of bucks into it but it never looked right. I Had some pic's of it and agave to him, which is the pic you see against the fence. I have some others I took of it in my collection. The calif casings were missing parts so unable to attach sealed beams to them. lookd good with the bullets and Q. worth all the money now. GOOD JOB:smileICEflag:

Kent: I was guessing that the mountains shown behind the fenced yard was Kaiser Steel's "Eagle Mountain Mine" Facility East of Indio on I-10..... wrong again! THX-MM

Richard Vyse
09-23-2010, 09:14 PM
OMG Jim, you changed out that beautiful rear flooring for the brick, Too bad!!! :yum:

Tony Karsnia
09-23-2010, 09:49 PM
Did Piner get a new rig(s) every year? I have this photo of a '68 that I'm sure originally came from Piner. This one ended up in Marsh Creek, CA. I think I have some additional photos of this car when it still said Piner on the roof signs.

Jim Staruk
09-27-2010, 03:42 PM
Looks like the '67 will be heading to it's new home very shortly. I'm glad it's staying in the PCS family! So who's the new owner? I'm not sure if they want it made public yet, so I'll let them make the aannouncement when they are ready to do so.

Steve Loftin
10-11-2010, 11:35 AM
Did Piner get a new rig(s) every year? I have this photo of a '68 that I'm sure originally came from Piner. This one ended up in Marsh Creek, CA. I think I have some additional photos of this car when it still said Piner on the roof signs.

Here is the '68 when owned by Piner, as well as a '70:

(SL collection)

Steve Loftin
11-04-2010, 08:53 PM
It spent it's entire career at Kaiser Steel bringing injured workers to the hospital. The roof signs still read "KAISER". Attached is an original photo of the car at work. I replaced the CA lenses with bullet lenses.

Here's an in-service shot, taken in front of her bay at the Kaiser facility:

(Tom Parkinson photo)