PDA

View Full Version : CL - 1961 and 1962 Superior project cars

Sarah Snook
04-24-2010, 01:21 PM
There's a guy near Cleveland selling a '61 and a '62 - both are Superiors. He says they are hearses, but who knows, being that they are limo style, they might be combos. I can really tell with the pics. These would need a lot of work, but for $2950 you could at least get two parts cars.

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/1700611907.html

Jeremy D. Ledford
04-24-2010, 03:40 PM
May could build at least one back between the two.

Mike Stevens
04-24-2010, 07:04 PM
I saw the pictures. Another member sent them to me. I will see if i saved them. Both cars are sitting in a field. Looks like they have been there for some time. I am not in the proper mood or age bracket for a big project. These were not M-M cars either. Ron now owns my next M-M coach.

Mike

Paul Steinberg
04-24-2010, 07:21 PM
...........Ron now owns my next M-M coach.

Mike

Your in line right after me.... :respect:

Mike Stevens
04-24-2010, 07:35 PM
Paul,
Did you read Ron's post about his buying a 'new' coach was my fault? In there somewhere he also says that I have already put 'dibs' on this one since I told him about it to begin with. I can play nice thought, I was taught how to share.
Mike

Sarah Snook
04-24-2010, 07:36 PM
Your in line right after me.... :respect:

You both live too far away though. If anyone could casually stop by Ron's for a visit and sneak away with the '64 when he wasn't looking, it would have to be me. If either of you just stopped by his place using the excuse that you "were in the neighborhood already", he would know something was up. Plus by posting about it on here, he will read about your plan and then be suspicious anytime you stop by.

Our best bet would be to wait until Ron brings the new car home, buy these Craigslist cars and then swap one of these Superior parts cars for the M-M in the middle of the night. Then we just hope that he doesn't notice the difference. ;)

Mike Stevens
04-24-2010, 07:51 PM
Sarah,
I knew there was something about you I liked. Now I know what it is. You are as devious as the rest of us. You are right! With Ron's eyesight he might never see the difference between a 64 M-M and a 61 or 62 Superior.
Mike

:angel:

Sarah Snook
04-24-2010, 08:14 PM
The beautiful part is that he won't notice until he goes to start it because it has no motor.

We need to try this plan with the '62 Superior. It's a closer year, so we'll have a better chance with that one I think. Plus, if this plan goes over well enough, I think I know of a guy that owns a '61 that I might pull this on too. :angel:

Dwayne Brooks
04-24-2010, 08:51 PM
You both live too far away though. If anyone could casually stop by Ron's for a visit and sneak away with the '64 when he wasn't looking, it would have to be me.

Well Sarah, until Ron picks it up... the '64 is only 10 minutes away from me!