PDA

View Full Version : CL - 1968 Pontiac Ambulance

Joe Melanson
04-03-2010, 12:34 AM
1968 Pontiac Ambulance
http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/cto/1674003506.html

Rick Franklin
04-03-2010, 10:36 AM
UGH! He used the Ghostbusters line in the ad!. Car has potential but more of a project than i can handle now

Bill Leverett
04-03-2010, 05:12 PM
Rick, have you seen this car? It's been on CL a few other times as well. Price seems reasonable from the description. I know there is some issue with the hood and upper grill fit. I did try and see this car last fall but couldn't arrange a meet with the owner. Not sure why he never posts pictures of the interior (or maybe there's a reason).

Rick Franklin
04-03-2010, 08:48 PM
No, havent seen it, but its not far from me if anyone else is interested

Mike Stevens
04-03-2010, 10:34 PM
Why do these 'experts' think every old hearse or ambulance should be turned into a GB car? If there are enough GB cars for the movies there are enough. The world does not need more.
Just my humble opinion.
Mike

Doug House
04-04-2010, 11:13 AM
Hi, Rick...

If you get a chance, could you check it out? At the moment, my twisted mind is thinking that having a pair of 68s might be fun....but his use of the words "needs extensive interior work" scares me.

Much appreciated! :respect:

Rick Franklin
04-04-2010, 12:53 PM
Hi, Rick...

If you get a chance, could you check it out? At the moment, my twisted mind is thinking that having a pair of 68s might be fun....but his use of the words "needs extensive interior work" scares me.

Much appreciated! :respect:

Heres an idea, Doug. You could come down early next weekend for the EMS Show and we could look at it together

Doug House
04-04-2010, 01:01 PM
Rick, I have 10 fingers, 10 toes, both arms and two eyeballs crossed, hoping that I don't have to work next weekend. To be honest, at the moment it's not looking real good. The chances of me getting away early are absolutely "zero".

Here's hoping...... :Exclamation:

Bill Leverett
04-04-2010, 03:34 PM
Man Doug, you've really got the bug. Started with one, then two, now you're considering a third! You'll be parking your other vehicles on the road soon. Oh...if Cliff doesn't pick up the '69 Pontiac then you can have 4!:17875:

Doug House
04-04-2010, 10:20 PM
Man Doug, you've really got the bug. Started with one, then two, now you're considering a third! You'll be parking your other vehicles on the road soon. Oh...if Cliff doesn't pick up the '69 Pontiac then you can have 4!:17875:

Yup, Bill, I've been bitten by the bug...badly. Pity I had to wait 53 years to discover this fabulous Pro-Car community. If I'd started sooner, I could have a dozen by now!

Actually, the sad but true reality is that my Criterion is going to need a whole lot more work that I counted on, so I'm going to tuck her away in a storage garage for a while until I have the time to tackle that huge project. In the meantime, I'm hoping to have some Pro-Car fun. I've just come in from spending a day working on Annabelle, my '68 Superior. She's coming along nicely and, time permitting, should be ready for paint in about a month.

I have no doubt that Cliff will take the '69, but if for some reason he doesn't, ....you're right. I will keep it myself.

What can I say? Sanity is optional in my world!!! :yum:

John ED Renstrom
04-05-2010, 12:41 PM
they all take more work then we thought. just don't tuck it away so far you never get back to it. the key is to do one thing at a time. of course every time you open things up to do one thing you fix ten to get to the the one thing. but when you get that one thing done you now have eleven finished. if you don't drive the car you never get anything fixed on it. my 72 has a few things I have been going to get around to doing for the last 2 or 3 years now. but I don't drive it so they never get done. oh well in due time.:o