View Full Version : What is this bulb??

Kurt Arends
01-19-2018, 12:13 AM
2 of these arrived with the box lot that I just purchased. What are these bulbs?

Paul Steinberg
01-19-2018, 12:38 AM
High beam or spotlight assembly, with a H-4 replaceable type halogen bulb. You have to wipe any traces of finger oil off the bulb with denatured alcohol, and only handle it from the base. The tab at 8 o'clock is the grounding tab. The white wire is the hot lead. Very bright, and usually found on high end European vehicles. In the old days, we called them "flame throwers", since they would light up the road for a long distance in front of you. They were like a pencil beam light.