PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Irma

Richard Vyse
09-05-2017, 01:02 PM
We are in the mode of getting ready for this Cat 5 hurricane. Oh joy!!!

Philip Scanio
09-05-2017, 01:38 PM
Richard, tell that thing to go back where if came from. I hope that you get through it without any problems. Philip

Richard Vyse
09-05-2017, 01:41 PM
Richard, tell that thing to go back where if came from. I hope that you get through it without any problems. Philip

Thanks Phillip. I thought when I got out of the hotel business these issues would no longer be a concern. Fooled me. Pretty much ready at funeral home and cemetery. Spent Labor Day at the house getting it ready and now trying to figure out what to do with the RV.

Fingers crossed.

James Fischer
09-05-2017, 02:18 PM
Spent Labor Day at the house getting it ready and now trying to figure out what to do with the RV.

Fingers crossed.

Richard...Get *IN** the RV and head north !!!:thumbsup::eek:

Channing Spencer
09-05-2017, 03:01 PM
I do not know your personal situation, but, if you have two family members or friends that can drive, have them follow behind the RV in the ambulances!!!! Don't leave them behind.
Keep us posted; God's Speed!

Joe Melanson
09-05-2017, 03:37 PM
Richard, Praying for your safety, Brother. May your home, business (& ambulance) be spared as well as those of your friends.

Bill Marcy
09-05-2017, 05:25 PM
I hope you everyone in the way of the hurricane stay safe from Irma.

John ED Renstrom
09-05-2017, 09:50 PM
we do have the start of a season. burning up in the west again ad wet in the south.

Paul Steinberg
09-05-2017, 11:52 PM
Thanks Phillip. I thought when I got out of the hotel business these issues would no longer be a concern. Fooled me. Pretty much ready at funeral home and cemetery. Spent Labor Day at the house getting it ready and now trying to figure out what to do with the RV.

Fingers crossed.

Park it on the concrete between two mausoleums ;)

Richard Vyse
09-06-2017, 07:19 AM
Park it on the concrete between two mausoleums ;)

What a great idea....:rolleyes:

Paul Steinberg
09-06-2017, 12:49 PM
Great minds think alike. ;)

Richard Vyse
09-06-2017, 12:51 PM
Update as of Wednesday, Sept 6 @ 12 noon.

David Henry
09-06-2017, 07:14 PM
I cannot remember the last time we had a hurricane here in Michigan...like maybe Never.

Be safe down there Richard, if this thing is as big as they say, the after effects will be a slow recovery.

(This picture is what Irmas size would be if it was over Michigan)

John ED Renstrom
09-06-2017, 09:35 PM
man that would be nice as the counter clock wise rotation would really be pumping water our way. looks to be a busy season for a change. the things in the sea that depend on these storms to produce there food have been missing out.

Richard Vyse
09-07-2017, 06:51 AM
Oh boy, track going further east and showing the eye will be going directly over my home in New Smyrna Beach. We're under control at funeral home and cemetery with two burials scheduled Saturday so I will be headed home Friday. The traffic in south Florida is crazy due to mandatory evacuations.

John ED Renstrom
09-07-2017, 10:13 AM
I remember when Andrew went across. The only homes left with a roof were the ones built by habit for humanity. Do you suppose that they learned a lesson from that?

Richard Vyse
09-07-2017, 10:23 AM
I remember when Andrew went across. The only homes left with a roof were the ones built by habit for humanity. Do you suppose that they learned a lesson from that?

According to all the news reports they did but, the test is coming. There are a lot of high-rise cranes they cannot get down in time for the storm. They will try to secure them as best as they can but they will allow the tops to move freely in the wind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2tBHye6iNQ

Wayne Krakowski
09-07-2017, 10:44 AM
Question for you,watching the news and all evacuations noticing north bound lanes packed,while south bound almost empty is there not a way with the help of national guard both sides of the highways could be northbound take some planning but move more out faster,we are keeping our fingers crossed and prayers coming for you as this looks like it is the mother of all hurricanes,,,,

Richard Vyse
09-07-2017, 10:49 AM
Question for you,watching the news and all evacuations noticing north bound lanes packed,while south bound almost empty is there not a way with the help of national guard both sides of the highways could be northbound take some planning but move more out faster,we are keeping our fingers crossed and prayers coming for you as this looks like it is the mother of all hurricanes,,,,

They actually tried this in the past but this time Gov. Scott said not happening.

Bill Marcy
09-07-2017, 03:27 PM
We have you and everyone else in our prayers. This is a very scary situation, just to be hearing about, let alone living through it.

Tim Prieur
09-07-2017, 09:46 PM
As Bill says, our thoughts are with you. Please try and stay safe. Things can be replaced. :thumbsup:

John ED Renstrom
09-07-2017, 09:55 PM
I think:D this year I will like winter even more.:rolleyes:

Fred Goerlitz
09-07-2017, 10:01 PM
Stay Safe Richard...you're in my thoughts...

Brady D Smith
09-07-2017, 11:37 PM
You can always come up here where we don't have hurricanes. In any case stay safe. You are in our thoughts.

Richard Vyse
09-08-2017, 01:41 PM
We're in for the haul and appreciate your thoughts and prayers. I did manage to bring my treasures in to the living room today from garage for safe keeping. Of course I had to make promises to Terri in order for it to happen.

Channing Spencer
09-08-2017, 04:52 PM
Are you staying or evacuating? Nice looking coffins!

Richard Vyse
09-08-2017, 06:59 PM
Are you staying or evacuating? Nice looking coffins!

We're staying. Been down this road before hoping for the best. Ambulance is in garage at cemetery hoping for the best there, not the best garage.

John ED Renstrom
09-08-2017, 10:01 PM
a man can get hurt worse out on the road. then compound the expense of running. who knows you could end up in the calm spoke and only get rain. :thumbsup:

Bill Marcy
09-08-2017, 10:01 PM
Best of luck to you and Terri. We will be watching the storm, hopefully from a safe distance.

Richard Vyse
09-13-2017, 02:13 PM
And so Terri and I survived hurricane #9. Lost power for a couple days so used our generator. Backyard fence blew down snapping the posts off in the ground. Best part is my shed made it through the storm this time after I strapped it down and rigged up a weight inside to assist it from flying away. Tons and tons of leaves and debris in pool but pretty much back to normal. Need to purchase more fencing having already cemented new posts in the ground. Cemetery lost 4 big trees but no damage to monuments or markers. It will take a bit to get the trees cut up and moved. :eek:
RV park closed due to flooding and damage so hooking up here at the cemetery by maintenance.

Richard Vyse
09-13-2017, 04:33 PM
I went to the RV place and it is flooded. Wow!

Channing Spencer
09-13-2017, 05:43 PM
Yes, but how are the coaches?!

John ED Renstrom
09-13-2017, 09:48 PM
good, glad the damage was down to small stuff. number 9 since you have been down there hug. the way the news people talked and talked and talked it was the only one that has even come ashore and the whole state was under 3 ft of sea water:rolleyes:

Richard Vyse
09-14-2017, 08:31 AM
Yes, but how are the coaches?!

The funeral vehicles are fine. I'm so glad I moved my RV from the flooded park to the funeral home for safe keeping. The storm hit and there is flooding but I think what you're seeing with the media is their way of trying to cover up their miscues in forecasting the storms direction and force. I'm glad we did not evacuate our home and will stay for the next one which might be just around the corner with Hurricane Jose. It was an EVACUATION nightmare creating a state of panic.

John ED Renstrom
09-14-2017, 10:19 AM
My way of thinking the mass evacuation only dumps more economical hardship on people all ready stressed. If your living in a house that was built 20 years ago it's weathered a lot of storms. Trailer courts and RV parks are never safe places when large amounts of water is coming down. Or high wind.

Now if the city government could just look past there money grab and not allow building in any location that requires flood insurance most of these events would be things that just come and go.

Richard Vyse
09-14-2017, 06:13 PM
My way of thinking the mass evacuation only dumps more economical hardship on people all ready stressed. If your living in a house that was built 20 years ago it's weathered a lot of storms. Trailer courts and RV parks are never safe places when large amounts of water is coming down. Or high wind.

Now if the city government could just look past there money grab and not allow building in any location that requires flood insurance most of these events would be things that just come and go.

We have a rental house built in the 40's and it has weathered so many storms and continues to stand. It passed with flying colors this last time as well.