PDA

View Full Version : Roller end caps

Melissa O'Neal
02-26-2016, 10:09 PM
Hello folks, happy Friday!
I am in search of somewhere to source a left end cap for my rear rollers in 1963 Cadillac S&S landau three-way funeral coach. Here are some photos. An internet search using the number stamped on an existing end cap did not yield results. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

John ED Renstrom
02-26-2016, 11:35 PM
how many you need? your's miss damaged or just need re plated ? I would think that they would be S&S only. they were kind of that way with there stuff.but you won't find them listed but the casting number. you might try just s&s rollers or along those lines. most likely end up buying the whole thing to get them.

Daniel Scully
02-26-2016, 11:47 PM
how many you need? your's miss damaged or just need re plated ? I would think that they would be S&S only. they were kind of that way with there stuff.but you won't find them listed but the casting number. you might try just s&s rollers or along those lines. most likely end up buying the whole thing to get them.

These are the same as Superior up to at least mid 70,s Superiors .
They are the same roller used in the floor on a end loader Superior .S&S used the same table as Superior in the late 50,s up to the the early 60,s
The first pic is a 68 Crown the second pic is a 59 S&S . So do not limit your search to just S&S.

Melissa O'Neal
02-27-2016, 12:32 AM
Mr. Renstrom, I am only in need of one end cap to replace one that is missing.
Mr. Scully, thank you for the additional search terms!
I will continue hunting...

John ED Renstrom
02-27-2016, 08:10 AM
I'll keep my eye open also. not a lot to pick from our way. I had a set off a 72 CB but as I recall the screw holes were open on them. but we have some odds and ends laying around if I find one its yours.

Kurt Arends
02-27-2016, 10:54 AM
I may have a source as well. Won't get there for a couple of weeks.