PDA

View Full Version : Houston 2015

Chuck Kramer
06-15-2015, 07:23 AM
There sure wasn't much posted here about the Meet! Not much said nor hardly any photos? How many and what pro cars were on the Show Field this year?

Where was all the coverage this year? Maybe on Facebook? But this is the " Official Website of The Professional Car Society".

Keith Snyder
06-15-2015, 10:34 AM
There sure wasn't much posted here about the Meet! Not much said nor hardly any photos? How many and what pro cars were on the Show Field this year?

According to what I'm given to understand, there were 13 cars and four fire engines! There were a couple of interesting cars - a 1936 Siebert-Ford and a 1957 National-Chevrolet. I also understand that it rained on show day and that the museum didn't bring out any of its vehicles - even the ones it had stowed away. I guess with this rather disappointing vehicular turn out, there wasn't much to photograph or report.

Keith Snyder
06-15-2015, 10:37 AM
Oh, and I almost forgot, Mark Wilson had his immaculate, white 1948 Henney-Packard ambulance (the same car that was recently featured in TPC) there as well.

Noah Dorsey
06-15-2015, 11:15 AM
It actually turned out to be a fantastic show! Stayed warm even when the rain occasionally got us wet- and these were perfect opportunities to go inside to admire the museum's cars. With those included I think there were over 50 cars to see. I took video of all of them, so I'll try to get that uploaded to youtube in the next couple days- I think everyone is just getting back home now and settling back in. So there should be more reports soon.

Noah Dorsey
06-15-2015, 03:18 PM
Here ya go!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZFBL3X6h1o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZFBL3X6h1o&feature=youtu.be

Someone can count the cars if they like...

I apologize for the crumby camera, low res, bad lighting etc. But this will you give you an idea of the quality of the cars we saw Saturday. Unbelievable experience, just wish I could have taken the cars in one per day.

Thank you Bob and Bill and everyone in the PCS family for an awesome week!

Gus Boucher
06-15-2015, 03:34 PM
Noah,
Thank You so much for the great video. Some very fine Pro Cars there! Good Job!!!

Wayne Krakowski
06-15-2015, 03:34 PM
For those of us unable to attend,your video shows us what we missed,it is truly appreciated.:applause:

Bill Marcy
06-15-2015, 06:45 PM
Thanks for posting the video Noah, it was very enjoyable. Although there were not as many professional cars as we are accustomed to seeing, there seems to be a good selection and some gorgeous cars there. I am glad the Meet was successful. From where I sit, it looks like it was a fabulous event, I wish we had been able to attend.

Robert L. Koryciak
06-15-2015, 10:31 PM
It actually turned out to be a fantastic show! Stayed warm even when the rain occasionally got us wet- and these were perfect opportunities to go inside to admire the museum's cars. With those included I think there were over 50 cars to see. I took video of all of them, so I'll try to get that uploaded to YouTube in the next couple days- I think everyone is just getting back home now and settling back in. So there should be more reports soon.

Noah,

Thank you for your video and nice comments! I was so glad you were able to take time out to visit us in Houston! PCS Members traveled from as far away as Oregon, South Dakota, Florida, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Ohio, New Jersey and New York! We also connected with several Texas PCS members that are excited about promoting PCS even though we do not have any actively operating Texas Chapters!

We had a wonderful week with fantastic weather (No Impact from FLOODS! - despite media misinformation), with only a short shower on Show Day! "Frazer-Bilt Provided" our Welcome Reception and a fantastic Plant tour! The 1940's Air Terminal gave us access to the airfield at Hobby Airport (Look for fantastic images coming up with Period Cars (40/50/60's) in front of the terminal with a 1942 Lockheed Loadstar!)

We explored a fire truck warehouse with priceless emergency equipment. Thursday involved a road trip to Huntsville Texas to explore a Texas and American Hero, Sam Houston.
Friday allowed us to go back in time to the 1820's when this land was Mexico, and eat a unbelievable "Cowboy lunch" from a "Chuck-Wagon" on the prairie. We explored the "George Ranch," a fifth generation, 23,000 acre working ranch with five original homesteads. We also visited the place where Texas won it's independence, and visited a 101 year old Battleship! We were exhausted after our trips, but very happy! Our Awards Gala, had over 90 PCS Members in attendance!

The National Museum of Funeral History delivered a truly awesome display of vintage funeral equipment! Two fire trucks on show day were actually funeral vehicles - The Houston Fire Dept Honor Guard Engine and a 1978 FDNY Pumper that actually responded to the World Trade Center, and was later used for the funerals of twenty eight FDNY Hero's!

THE MOST IMPORTANT ACCOMPLISHMENT WAS NOT THE NUMBER OF CARS, IT WAS OUR NEW ALLIANCE WITH THE NATIONAL MUSEUM OF FUNERAL HISTORY! ACCORDING TO GENEVIEVE KEENEY, THE N.M.F.H. PRESIDENT, A NEW PERMANENT EXHIBIT IS PLANNED TO SPOTLIGHT THE PROFESSIONAL CAR SOCIETY, AND PCS's EFFORTS TO RESCUE AND PRESERVE PROFESSIONAL CARS!

Wait till everyone gets home and posts their stories and photos!

We had a wonderful time in Houston!

William Koryciak
06-15-2015, 11:53 PM
Thanks for posting the video Noah, it was very enjoyable. Although there were not as many professional cars as we are accustomed to seeing, there seems to be a good selection and some gorgeous cars there. I am glad the Meet was successful. From where I sit, it looks like it was a fabulous event, I wish we had been able to attend.

Thank you Bill for your comments. I had another reason to come to Houston. It was the first time that my parents - Robert & Anne Koryciak, my Twin Brother Bob, my Sister Bonnie and I have been in the same venue at the same time in 22 years because we live in three different states! The attached photo is all of us at the George Ranch. My Sister was also very helpful as crunch time neared!

I have to go now, I am still in Metro Houston and we have a large, wet & windy tropical storm making landfall from the Gulf of Mexico. Ironically, the National Weather Service has named it "BILL!" I guess that "Bag of Wind" might be appropriate for some of the posts on this site this week.

Steve Lichtman
06-16-2015, 11:48 AM
Chuck and all, many of the people who frequently post pics and information during a meet were not in attendance this year, unfortunately. I was there (though another commitment required I leave Friday), and it was a very good meet. I posted a pic and some info in the other thread about the Houston meet. The rest of my photos and information will be shared in an upcoming issue of "The Professional Car" as I always do.

Smaller meet? Yes, of course, mostly due to not being in the "geographical center" of the club membership. But meets should not always be just in the "center". Bad meet? Absolutely not. Robert and William Koryciak (and helpers to include Sarah, Tony, George, and the funeral museum folks) are to be congratulated for a great meet! :applause:

John Royark JR
06-16-2015, 01:55 PM
Smaller meet? Yes, of course, mostly due to not being in the "geographical center" of the club membership. But meets should not always be just in the "center". Bad meet? Absolutely not. Robert and William Koryciak (and helpers to include Sarah, Tony, George, and the funeral museum folks) are to be congratulated for a great meet! :applause:

I for one like the idea of having meets out of the center of membership. Although the meets may be smaller, its a good way to get the word out and possibly gain more members in the future, and gives a chance for the current members to experience different parts of the country and meet members and their cars that they usually would not think of. I just wish I could have been there.

Nicos Elias
06-16-2015, 06:58 PM
I can say that in addition to a lot of fun events and great people, we had the best guest speaker at a banquet that I can remember. Genevieve Keeney, president of National Funeral History Museum really gets our club and love of the cars and also our profession (us funeral directors.)
She was great, and best food I can remember in a long time too.

John ED Renstrom
06-16-2015, 11:56 PM
I got home at about 2am today. all I had is Kandy's kindle to communicate with at the meet so we could not post on the fly. I have about a thousand pictures just now in the computer. with the exception of matts 72, the 68 I once owned, the 80 MM, maybe the best in show car and the Piner they were all cars I have not seen in person. one car in every decade from 1930 to 2015. the meet was well worth the time to attend. you add the cars inside it was a average number of cars. I mean it not very often you get to spend the day with a Rockfalls hearse A fully functioning 1948 ambulance. a operating Armbruster/Stageway. the whole pinner clan and get to call Bill Bob and Bob Bill for the week. Bob did show us how to pull off a one man meet with style and no more glitches the anyother meet I have been to. I rubbed elbows and a few other body parts with old friends and new friends on the bus. if you think all the pictures are on facebook you're wrong about 20 there I saw. mainly the we are here in rout stuff. but if you want to drop in I'll let you help me sort and resize mine to put a few up here. it will be most of the week as I have Dr's appointments here and in Rapid tomorrow and thursday. 3 cars to get ready for the Miss SD pageant parade saturday and the lion float to dig out yet. been easier if I had not gone but a a busy week to be with old and new friends is worth it. sorry I did not get to meet the B B and B's parents. that would have been interesting. sorry my car did not make it we could have used another 80s there. but the Lincoln 6 door filled that notch in the styles nicely. so hang in thee we'll get a few up as we can. here is one tonight. Nick and his better half getting to share the pinner pictures with Jack "priceless"

William Koryciak
06-17-2015, 05:32 AM
I got home at about 2am today. all I had is Kandy's kindle to communicate with at the meet so we could not post on the fly. I have about a thousand pictures just now in the computer. with the exception of matts 72, the 68 I once owned, the 80 MM, maybe the best in show car and the Piner they were all cars I have not seen in person. one car in every decade from 1930 to 2015. the meet was well worth the time to attend. you add the cars inside it was a average number of cars. I mean it not very often you get to spend the day with a Rockfalls hearse A fully functioning 1948 ambulance. a operating Armbruster/Stageway. the whole pinner clan and get to call Bill Bob and Bob Bill for the week. Bob did show us how to pull off a one man meet with style and no more glitches the anyother meet I have been to. I rubbed elbows and a few other body parts with old friends and new friends on the bus. if you think all the pictures are on facebook you're wrong about 20 there I saw. mainly the we are here in rout stuff. but if you want to drop in I'll let you help me sort and resize mine to put a few up here. it will be most of the week as I have Dr's appointments here and in Rapid tomorrow and thursday. 3 cars to get ready for the Miss SD pageant parade saturday and the lion float to dig out yet. been easier if I had not gone but a a busy week to be with old and new friends is worth it. sorry I did not get to meet the B B and B's parents. that would have been interesting. sorry my car did not make it we could have used another 80s there. but the Lincoln 6 door filled that notch in the styles nicely. so hang in thee we'll get a few up as we can. here is one tonight. Nick and his better half getting to share the Pinner pictures with Jack "priceless"

We were indeed happy to see the beautiful Chrysler-Pinner Ambulance that belonged to Nicholas & Lynette Studer. What was an even bigger thrill was the participation of Jack Pinner (Whose Father manufactured this beautiful machine), and his extended family members, all of who all traveled to Houston from Memphis, TN. Nicholas and Lynette had their share of awards for this vehicle but, it was the enthusiasm of Jack and the rest of the Pinner' Family that caught our attention. We wanted to acknowledge the Pinner' Families contribution to early EMS so we presented Jack with a "PCS Event Placard" that he could take home and share!

Richard Vyse
06-17-2015, 01:42 PM
I was told there was a hearse in the museum donated by the STOWERS family. Did anyone happen to take any pictures of that hearse? One of the funeral homes in my management package is the STOWERS location that donated that hearse and would love to see it. I've asked staff about it and no one seems to remember it but sure this took place years ago.

Thanks

Nicos Elias
06-17-2015, 04:20 PM
I got a bunch of pictures, do you have any description of the car?

Richard Vyse
06-17-2015, 05:10 PM
I got a bunch of pictures, do you have any description of the car?

Sorry but not sure. Bill Wright told me but at a time I was driving. I watched the video but could not make out the name plate.

William Koryciak
06-17-2015, 10:17 PM
I got home at about 2am today. all I had is Kandy's kindle to communicate with at the meet so we could not post on the fly. I have about a thousand pictures just now in the computer. with the exception of matts 72, the 68 I once owned, the 80 MM, maybe the best in show car and the Piner they were all cars I have not seen in person. one car in every decade from 1930 to 2015. the meet was well worth the time to attend. you add the cars inside it was a average number of cars. I mean it not very often you get to spend the day with a Rockfalls hearse A fully functioning 1948 ambulance. a operating Armbruster/Stageway. the whole pinner clan and get to call Bill Bob and Bob Bill for the week. Bob did show us how to pull off a one man meet with style and no more glitches the anyother meet I have been to. I rubbed elbows and a few other body parts with old friends and new friends on the bus. if you think all the pictures are on facebook you're wrong about 20 there I saw. mainly the we are here in rout stuff. but if you want to drop in I'll let you help me sort and resize mine to put a few up here. it will be most of the week as I have Dr's appointments here and in Rapid tomorrow and thursday. 3 cars to get ready for the Miss SD pageant parade saturday and the lion float to dig out yet. been easier if I had not gone but a a busy week to be with old and new friends is worth it. sorry I did not get to meet the B B and B's parents. that would have been interesting. sorry my car did not make it we could have used another 80s there. but the Lincoln 6 door filled that notch in the styles nicely. so hang in thee we'll get a few up as we can. here is one tonight. Nick and his better half getting to share the pinner pictures with Jack "priceless"

I just posted this from my Sister's Facebook Page. My camera had died so I don't have the original. So I borrowed hers! We have Mr. Graves with his Beautiful 1957 National Chevrolet and Mr. Bill Donnell with his beautiful Cadillac Hearse. Oh, the little guy in the middle is Sam Houston. He "Kick Started" this spectacular state! Thank You all for your participation in the 2015 Houston PCS International event!

John ED Renstrom
06-18-2015, 01:25 PM
I'll get some more up latter right now playing VA pt .

Robert L. Koryciak
06-21-2015, 10:05 PM
Thank you Bill for your comments. I had another reason to come to Houston. It was the first time that my parents - Robert & Anne Koryciak, my Twin Brother Bob, my Sister Bonnie and I have been in the same venue at the same time in 22 years because we live in three different states! The attached photo is all of us at the George Ranch. My Sister was also very helpful as crunch time neared!

I have to go now, I am still in Metro Houston and we have a large, wet & windy tropical storm making landfall from the Gulf of Mexico. Ironically, the National Weather Service has named it "BILL!" I guess that "Bag of Wind" might be appropriate for some of the posts on this site this week.

I would like everyone to know, I had a wonderful time with my family in Houston! However, the family photo shows me with looking like I was not happy! I was very happy to get my immediate family together, it just when the photo was taked, I was on the verge of collapse from exhaustion! I hope Gregg's photo shows my "Happy Face!"