PDA

View Full Version : weather update

Nicos Elias
05-26-2015, 05:49 PM
Anybody know if there are any issues with the weather down in Houston which might impact the PCS meet? Either hotel, airport, planned event sites, etc?

Sarah Snook
05-26-2015, 10:03 PM
I just texted our meet chairperson, Robert, about that. I'll let you know what I find out.

Wayne Krakowski
05-26-2015, 10:03 PM
According to ABC news rain rain and more rain,flooding..Am sure you will here if it impacts any venues etc.

Robert Shepard
05-26-2015, 10:23 PM
http://www.khou.com/story/weather/2015/05/26/hundreds-stranded--flooding-overwhelms-houston-roadways/27946569/

Robert L. Koryciak
05-27-2015, 04:55 AM
We got wet, However, all venues appear to be in good shape! looks like some flooding at the George Ranch to Giftshop/Welcome Center. I will know tomorrow status on George Ranch, as I will go there to confirm trip. Will post tomorrow what I find!

Questions - call 281-382-9800

Come to Houston! - I need people to "BRING YOUR CARS!" This has the potential to be a Great Meet!

Robert L. Koryciak
05-27-2015, 04:59 AM
This is Texas! We will probably be in a drought by June 9th!

Richard Vyse
05-27-2015, 07:47 AM
SCI corporate offices dealing with a lot of flooding issues.

Nicos Elias
05-27-2015, 09:09 AM
SCI corporate offices dealing with a lot of flooding issues.

How about the museum Richard?

John ED Renstrom
05-27-2015, 12:49 PM
Robert keep us posted. that table top flat country everything spreads out far one day gone the next. it so seldom rains this much that water runoff channels and storm drains are things not but in.

Gregg D. Merksamer
05-28-2015, 08:40 PM
I know Texas NEEDS the water as a matter of general principle, so here's a classic case where one should be careful what they wish for. As I have family in Houston it goes without saying I have high hopes for the locals' safety.

John ED Renstrom
05-28-2015, 10:46 PM
I gather now we are officially in a El Nino year. that means wet threw the central states. we went from 2 inches low to 2 above normal in this month and it's not letting up. me I just glad it rain not snow. so if bob will let everyone know that our places are above water and we can get to them it will help in making plans. we are leaving early to run the grub line down, hate to get there only to find it's a no go. I swore in 69 when I left there I had not lost anything worth going back for. I was hoping to be proven wrong.

Sarah Snook
05-29-2015, 01:05 AM
I heard from Robert tonight and he is pleased to inform us that the hotel and all of the meet venues are looking great. See you all soon!

Sarah

William Koryciak
05-29-2015, 10:22 AM
I am excited about making the trip to Houston for the first time in 24 years! I know many are discouraged about the amount of registered vehicles, I am sure the weather has a significant effect on the decision of many to attend the show. We have some fantastic support from the National Funeral Directors Museum and several other business owners that want to have a successful event. I know that my brother Bob has put his heart and soul into this event since accepting the task of setting this meet up in October of 2014. I know of no other individual that has more knowledge of the greater Houston area then Bob (who has worked in Houston as a Firefighter, Paramedic & Arson investigator for 35 years), and several historical and interesting related venues have been confirmed and their owners and staff are enthusiastic about the PCS International Meet.

If any member has any short term Ideas to encourage a larger response (in spite of the weather problems), please respond to Bob or Sara! SEE YOU IN HOUSTON!

As far as individuals, particularly in the East Texas area that have that have posted negative comments about the Houston PCS Meet on associated sites..., I will put my brothers honesty, integrity and dedication to the success of this event up against any person on the planet. If an individual has a problem with the event, venues or activities..., I suggest they keep their mouth shut and get off their ass and participate in the process to further promote the success of this event!

Richard Vyse
05-29-2015, 10:35 AM
I am excited about making the trip to Houston for the first time in 24 years! I know many are discouraged about the amount of registered vehicles, I am sure the weather has a significant effect on the decision of many to attend the show. We have some fantastic support from the National Funeral Directors Museum and several other business owners that want to have a successful event. I know that my brother Bob has put his heart and soul into this event since accepting the task of setting this meet up in October of 2014. I know of no other individual that has more knowledge of the greater Houston area then Bob (who has worked in Houston as a Firefighter, Paramedic & Arson investigator for 35 years), and several historical and interesting related venues have been confirmed and their owners and staff are enthusiastic about the PCS International Meet.

If any member has any short term Ideas to encourage a larger response (in spite of the weather problems), please respond to Bob or Sara! SEE YOU IN HOUSTON!

As far as individuals, particularly in the East Texas area that have that have posted negative comments about the Houston PCS Meet on associated sites..., I will put my brothers honesty, integrity and dedication to the success of this event up against any person on the planet. If an individual has a problem with the event, venues or activities..., I suggest they keep their mouth shut and get off their ass and participate in the process to further promote the success of this event!

I can tell you as one who hosted a PCS event it takes a ton of work and I appreciate any and all efforts and confident the meet will be a success. Do we have a committed car count as of now?

John ED Renstrom
05-29-2015, 12:32 PM
all we need to know is go or no go. if it's still one we are going:thumbsup:

William Koryciak
05-29-2015, 02:15 PM
I can tell you as one who hosted a PCS event it takes a ton of work and I appreciate any and all efforts and confident the meet will be a success. Do we have a committed car count as of now?

I do not know the actual numbers as of today. Bob is making a check of the venues today and plans to post an update tonight.:p

Noah Dorsey
05-29-2015, 02:36 PM
I, for one, am going rain or shine! I'm sorry that I won't be able to bring my coach all the way from Portland, but I DO plan to bring some 1:18 scale models to show off. including one of my custom Henney Juniors. I encourage anyone who CAN bring their cars, please do!!! You have a family of 3 here that can't wait to see them! And really, I have said since the beginning, even if the cars at the National Museum of Funeral History are the only ones we see, this will still be a great meet (but seriously, bring your cars!!!) =)

Noah Dorsey
05-29-2015, 02:51 PM

Have all the funeral homes in Houston and surrounding cities been notified of the event? Perhaps we could send out a complimentary magazine (ideally the one showing last year's meet in Rochester) and notice to them? It would be great outreach to gain new club members and attract some more cars to the show.

Robert L. Koryciak
05-29-2015, 06:02 PM
:beatdeadhorse5:

EVERYONE!!!!

ALL VENUES UP AND RUNNING IN HOUSTON, SEE NO ISSUES WITH WEATHER OR ROADWAYS THAT WILL AFFECT THE MEET! ( THIS IS TEXAS! IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE WEATHER-WAIT A FEW MINUTES - IT WILL CHANGE!)

I HAVE BEEN CONTACTED BY THIS WEEK BY A GENTLEMAN FROM SAN JUAN MEXICO WHO IS PLANNING TO COME TO THE MEET AND JOIN! HE IS PICKING UP A MODEL "T" FUNERAL COACH IN GALVESTON TO BRING TO THE SHOW. SEVERAL OTHERS HAVE CONTACTED ME TODAY, EXPRESSING THEIR INTENT TO BRING LOCAL VEHICLES, INCLUDING DOWNS FUNERAL HOME IN MARSHAL TEXAS, BRINGING A 1988 CUSTOM BUILD BUICK COACH FROM CANADA. WHEN I CHECKED THE GEORGE RANCH REGARDING DAMAGE (NO HISTORIC BUILDINGS DAMAGED!) YESTERDAY, THEY HAVE A HORSE DRAWN FUNERAL COACH IN THERE COLLECTION.

I HAVE A 1963 CHRYSLER/PINTER AMBULANCE COMING FROM SAN ANTONIO BY MR. STUDER, HE SAID THE OWNER OF THE COMPANY (PINTER) WILL BE HERE!

I CANNOT EMPHASIZE ENOUGH OR MEMBERS TO GET REGISTERED, THEN GIVE ME A CALL TO LET ME KNOW WHAT VEHICLES ARE ATTENDING! OUR MAJOR ROAD TRIP IS THURSDAY TO HUNTSVILLE-NEED TO KNOW WHAT CARS ARE MAKING THE TRIP! CITY OF HUNTSVILLE-WALKER COUNTY IS EXPECTING US! WE WILL HAVE AN AWESOME MEET IN HOUSTON, Y'ALL COME ON! IT'S "GO TIME!"

ANY QUESTIONS- CALL ME ANYTIME (DAY-NITE) AT 281-382-9800.

2015 PCS INTERNATIONAL MEET - HOUSTON
LOCAL COORDINATOR
ROBERT L. KORYCIAK

Robert L. Koryciak
05-29-2015, 10:16 PM

Weather Issues!

SCI offices along Buffalo Bayou got basement and parking decks flooded. They are not near the Hotel or Museum, or any other venue! They are just west of Downtown 2 miles in an area that got 9 inches of rain in 4-5 hours!

The media does not get the message out as far as the river flooding, all rivers are around Houston, not through Houston! The rivers --San Jacinto -North and East -20 miles -- Brazos/Colorado/San Bernard Rivers are northwest and southwest of Houston -30 miles or more! They are subject to rainfall upstream, but "HOUSTON - WE DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM!" at this time!

Remember how the media hype caused Houston to evacuate Hurricane Ike - we had 60 people killed in evacuation-with only 5 from storm!

We are good! At this time, there is no area from Arizona to Ohio that is immune to summer storms drive by the Jet Stream!:beatdeadhorse5:

Robert L. Koryciak
PCS Houston Local Coordinator

John ED Renstrom
05-29-2015, 10:25 PM
thanks Bob we will be down. I know how the news is if it's within a hr it in that location. just need confirmation that things were still a go. we'll bring the 86 so short of a brake down we'll have a car there.

Steve Lichtman
05-29-2015, 11:13 PM
Thanks Robert. I can't wait to get there (though I will be coming without a car and for not all of the meet due to timing). Glad all the venues are OK.

Richard Vyse
05-30-2015, 08:29 AM

Weather Issues!

SCI offices along Buffalo Bayou got basement and parking decks flooded

Yes I know this. We've had computer issues all week but the SCI staff has done a great job working with us with many employees working from home.

Jack Pinner - Deceased - 1942 - 2016
05-30-2015, 03:32 PM
There are 5 of us from the Pinner family coming to the meet. We plan to drive down the 11th from Collierville TN (Memphis Suburb).
I have been in contact with Nick and he is bringing the 63 Chrysler we built. He has done a lot of work to restore it to original condition. Well he has racked my brain in a few areas but was glad to help him. Looking forward to seeing it.
I talked with a friend that lives just north of the hotel. He tells me that the flooding and water damage is mostly in south Houston. He said all is well where we will be. :thumbsup:
Note: Some asked about my sister with the tall hair doo in one of the pics we showed in Albany. Well she is coming (shorter hair) also. :D

John ED Renstrom
05-31-2015, 12:34 AM
be good to see you again. missed you the last couple

Sarah Snook
05-31-2015, 10:41 AM
There are 5 of us from the Pinner family coming to the meet. We plan to drive down the 11th from Collierville TN (Memphis Suburb).
Jack, I just wanted to remind you that you still need to register for the meet. You can register online through the Eventbrite link found on www.pcsmeet.com Online registration before the meet is easy and it's the only was to guarantee that you and your family get tickets to the events that you want to attend. See you soon!

Keith Snyder
05-31-2015, 01:22 PM
How many cars and people have been registered thus far?

Nicholas Studer
05-31-2015, 01:40 PM
I have been in contact with Nick and he is bringing the 63 Chrysler we built. He has done a lot of work to restore it to original condition. Well he has racked my brain in a few areas but was glad to help him. Looking forward to seeing it.
I talked with a friend that lives just north of the hotel. He tells me that the flooding and water damage is mostly in south Houston. He said all is well where we will be. :thumbsup:
Note: Some asked about my sister with the tall hair doo in one of the pics we showed in Albany. Well she is coming (shorter hair) also. :D

Jack - most credit needs to go to Paul Steinberg. "Window dressing" is really all I've done. The only reason it moves is because of Paul.

Steve Loftin
05-31-2015, 06:57 PM
How many cars and people have been registered thus far?

I, too, would like to know how many cars are registered so far.

Patrick J. Martin
06-01-2015, 12:12 AM
With all due respect to everyone, I think those of you who seem to be hung up on the car count are missing the point of a PCS meet. Sure a big part of PCS meets are seeing the cars, and especially seeing any cars that the club hasn't seen before. To suggest otherwise would be naïve and incorrect. But I'm of the opinion that seeing cars are only 50% of a PCS meet. The other 50%, and I might be tempted to argue the more important 50%, is being able to visit with the people who make up this club. As clichéd as it sometimes sounds, seeing old friends and making new ones is really what any club is ultimately about. Once a car shows up in the parking lot and we ooh and ahh over it, it then remains the same car for the rest of the week. But the social interaction with dozens if not hundreds of other people who share this admittedly unusual interest of ours, is what keeps the meet enjoyable all week long and tends to be what puts the biggest smile on my face and tends to be what I remember the most after a meet concludes.

To Robert L. Koryciak personally, as a past meet host myself, you have my sincere "thank you" and "congratulations" on taking on the job you have and in formulating what sounds to be a most enjoyable event. Don't let the faceless social media morons get you down. Every meet has had its naysayers, and there's just no convincing some people that PCS has its standards. Some people just don't understand that PCS isn't interested in being the quantity club, we're interested in being the quality club. There were even online complainers about my simple chapter picnic held last weekend. That's a big reason why I'm not Facebook, and have no desire to get on it. Its much too easy for faceless know-it-all cowards to throw out barbs and insults from the anonymity of their keyboard while not lifting a finger in the real world to actually do anything. I'm of the thinking that a friend is someone who I actually get together with, not a thumbnail photo who I've never met. I figure I have enough real life problems to deal with without letting social media add more depression into my life.

Robert, I have every confidence that Houston will be a wonderful time and a great meet. Do not let what may be perceived as a small car count or small attendance count shake your faith in the quality of your meet. Any meet that is held in a geographically extreme location of the country or away from major population centers will naturally be subject to its more remote location than the locations of the more populated meets. That's just a simple fact of life and not a reflection on the meet itself. To my way of thinking, the success of a meet is not measured in attendance figures, or in car counts, or in a profit or loss statement. What makes a meet successful is if at the 2016 meet, the 2017 meet, the 2018 meet, and so on, when the subject of past meets comes up in conversation, and "Houston" gets mentioned, if the memory causes the person to smile and remember it fondly, then you had a successful meet.

James Fischer
06-01-2015, 01:49 AM
Patrick,

I applaud your post,sir !!:applause:
The statments you make are clear,concise,and oh so true !

The part about the number of cars showing up is the point I like the best,its the PEOPLE,FRIENDS and future friends/members that make a great club.
I belong to the Vintage Volkswagen Club of America,who in some respects is like the PCS its about the restoration and preservation of of the mark.There is a meet in Germany every 2 years sponsored by the club.....there are very few vehicles that come from the US,of course some folks container up their cars and ship them over for the meet and then cruise around Europe for a month,can most of us do that ?? I dont think so,however there are hundreds of people that own vintage VW's that do come.Again paralleling your post,the people come for the chance to see old friends and make new ones,the cars,of course the cars a big part.....but its the PEOPLE.:)

I am sure Houston will go down as a very enjoyable and fun event for everyone that is able to attend ,with or without a ProCar.;)

Rick Franklin
06-01-2015, 03:13 AM
Milwaukee 2013 was the first meet I attended. While i remember several noteworthy cars in attendance, what provides me with the most and the best memories are the people I met. To finally put faces to the names & to get to KNOW these people. The only disappointment to the meet......was that some of the people I was hoping to meet werent there!. And the meet host had no control over that!

Richard Vyse
06-01-2015, 08:15 AM
I totally understand everyone's comments about people and all that but why is it so wrong to ask how many cars are coming? Now I again, would like to know how many cars are coming at this point. The biggest day of the event is Saturday when the cars are on display so it is not just about people it is about the cars too.

Steve Loftin
06-01-2015, 11:23 AM
I know many are discouraged about the amount of registered vehicles, I am sure the weather has a significant effect on the decision of many to attend the show.

With all due respect to everyone, I think those of you who seem to be hung up on the car count are missing the point of a PCS meet.

Asking about how many cars have been registered does not mean "hung up." It means: How many cars have been registered?

It's a simple (and legitimate) question that is worthy of an answer.

Keith Snyder
06-01-2015, 12:16 PM
While I agree with Patrick's statements as well as those of the others that the people make the meet and are a key element of any PCS event, we do deserve to know how many vehicles have been registered..... do we not? Is this a big secret? Someone seems to be purposefully avoiding giving an answer to this question. You are cultivating suspicions by not answering a direct question. Please let us know how many cars are registered for the show thus far. An honest response to a simple question would be most appreciated. Thanks.

Patrick J. Martin
06-01-2015, 12:58 PM
I am not involved with the planning of this meet, so I'm unable to answer the car count question anyway, but as a former meet host, I am defending our current meet host. The argument I'm making is, does it really matter? Are you only going to attend the meet if at least 'X' number of cars are registered?

As a meet host myself, I can tell you firsthand that pre-meet car registration totals are borderline pointless anyway. People register multiple cars, then only bring one. People register one car, then arrive in their daily driver anyway. People register one car, then bring another instead. People also just arrive unannounced with no preregistration at all. And there's even the small handful of cancellations and outright no-shows.

Given the fact that we are now only about a week away from the meet, I'm going to suspect that Robert has his hands full right now. Creating goody bags, assembling welcome packets, nailing down any last minute details, and making final checks that all is in readiness are activities that occupied my time during the last week leading up to the meet I hosted. I strongly suspect that Robert isn't intentionally ignoring anyone, but rather that his attention and his time are directed elsewhere than checking this forum everyday and answering questions that will soon answer themselves.

John ED Renstrom
06-01-2015, 01:57 PM
the problem is you wound know till about friday how many will come

Keith Snyder
06-01-2015, 04:10 PM
The argument I'm making is, does it really matter?

People register one car, then arrive in their daily driver anyway. People register one car, then bring another instead. People also just arrive unannounced with no preregistration at all. And there's even the small handful of cancellations and outright no-shows.

Understood. And, to many, yes, it does make a difference. Why is this being treated as a big secret? Many of would like to know how many cars have been registered. This is not an attack upon those dilligently organizing the event, merely a simple question that they should be able to answer. As members, are we not allowed to ask a simple, straight-forward question and get a simple, straight-forward response? The lack of an answer cretainly raises concerns.

Rick Franklin
06-01-2015, 04:50 PM
WHY do we always havce to create some sort of DRAMA for every International meet?

Peter Grave
06-01-2015, 05:03 PM
I would suggest to all who are asking and pointing fingers they try and run a national meet for any club. The result is your volunteers come up short you end up juggling too many balls at once and not enough time to get all that needs to be done done. Now lets let the gentleman do what he VOLUNTEERED to do and stop this unanswered question nonsense. How many vehicles are there are how many are there by the second NOT the first. One national meet I set out with two got there with one the other went home on a flatbed. My two cents!!!!

Sarah Snook
06-01-2015, 05:22 PM
Understood. And, to many, yes, it does make a difference. Why is this being treated as a big secret? Many of would like to know how many cars have been registered. This is not an attack upon those dilligently organizing the event, merely a simple question that they should be able to answer. As members, are we not allowed to ask a simple, straight-forward question and get a simple, straight-forward response? The lack of an answer cretainly raises concerns.

There's no big secret and no one said there is one. I'm not on the forums all of the time, especially considering all of the work it takes to wrap up the school year at my job, so sorry it's taken me a couple of days look at the ticket orders and to properly and accurately respond.

As of this afternoon here are the current numbers:

Family registrations: 44
Individual attendees: 82
Cars registered: 11

If you haven't registered online yet, please do so as the cut off date for signing up for certain events is very soon.

Keith, are you coming to the meet? Considering all of your questions, I'm guessing you are. I still haven't gotten a registration from you though. Please register ASAP.

Hope this info helps everyone. See you all next week!
Sarah

Keith Snyder
06-01-2015, 05:55 PM
Thanks Sarah. I (or shall I say..we) appreciate your straight-forward answer. I had absolutely no intention of creating any drama...God knows there's enough of that already. I just asked a simple question of which I was curious - as were, obviously, others. Thanks again.

Noah Dorsey
06-01-2015, 06:09 PM
Thanks, Sarah...

Not to mention the, what, 40 or so cars at the museum?

I had never heard of Nation Museum of Funeral History before this event was announced and since researching it, have come to the conclusion that it is a MUST SEE for anyone interested in our hobby. And with our club having our show there, this is the absolute BEST time to see it. =)

With that said, I'm looking forward to meeting ALL of you who are attending there! Oh, and looking at the weather forecast for the week- it keeps getting better and better =)

Sarah Snook
06-01-2015, 06:17 PM
Noah, you're right. The museum is really amazing. When I got to go there in January, what impressed me the most is that though they market it as a funeral museum, it really feels more like a procar museum. There are so many procars there! It really is an awesome place. If we were to add the cars at the museum to our count (since they will be inside the museum just a matter of feet from our show field), we would have quite the car count. This is going to be a fun show.

Richard Vyse
06-01-2015, 06:37 PM
Thanks Sarah.....

Terry Broussard
06-01-2015, 10:18 PM
Couldn't resist....I'm in! I always fall for all of the "pre-event" discussions and wish I had gone.

I mean really, Houston is just across the Sabine River from Louisiana.

See you all Saturday!

Steve Loftin
06-01-2015, 10:23 PM
If we were to add the cars at the museum to our count (since they will be inside the museum just a matter of feet from our show field), we would have quite the car count.

By chance will any of the museum cars be brought outside for the photo shoot?

Kurt Arends
06-01-2015, 10:51 PM
But.... they may not want to see Noah in Houston right now! Pardon the pun. Sorry, I couldn't resist. :D

Robert L. Koryciak
06-02-2015, 02:32 AM
All,

Weather is really nice here now! We have had a couple of awesome blue sky days. Please do not give up on Houston! Most issues involve rivers distant from the meet areas.

I have several more cars committed that have yet to register!

Everyone, Please get registered and pick your events, you will also need to pick you meal for the Gala ASAP!

I really appreciate the positive posts and it is uplifting for me to have support! I may even cancel my per-admission I filed for at Rusk State Hospital for the Mentally Ill for the day after the meet!

Robert L. Koryciak

Sarah Snook
06-02-2015, 02:38 AM
By chance will any of the museum cars be brought outside for the photo shoot?

I'm not sure. We'll have to see.

John ED Renstrom
06-02-2015, 01:54 PM
we do have to drift a little more to the less prickly side. just where do you think all the pictures in the meet magazine come from. the dedicated people like mr Steve and Steve. it's nice to know just how much work you need to get done at the meet and still have a little time for talking with friends. as one who judges at the meet it nice to know if you're going to get time to enjoy the cars or barely get them judged before the banquet. the meet host had a big job to do but there are a number of people that make sure that the meet is recorded and reported on most of us don't even think of. me I just can't help but wonder just how does Greg managed to pick the spots for the run by shots in a area he has never been to? a simple question on numbers of the meet doesn't mean that someone is trying to tank the meet. only that someone is interested in just how many car are registered so far. there interested because they are going. don't invent things that are not there. no matter where you hold the meet some one is unhappy with location, date, events ,starting date meeting times. but by far the vast majority of people going are willing to go with the flow and enjoy the selves in a place they have never been and would most likely not get it if it were not for the PCS meet being there. were i agree with Patrick statements i think we need to get around the someone is trying to tank my meet that I have see every meet since my first on in Denver. may I really enjoyed getting together there and like Rick just putting faces on people you only know by name. your first meet is your best meet. car count and what your doing is second just being there makes it special. I have only missed 2 meets since then but none was for car count just things life tosses at you. now me I have been to texas didn't think i would visit again but to get together with this group I'll do about anything I can to just get togather.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

William Koryciak
06-02-2015, 03:42 PM
With all due respect to everyone, I think those of you who seem to be hung up on the car count are missing the point of a PCS meet. Sure a big part of PCS meets are seeing the cars, and especially seeing any cars that the club hasn't seen before. To suggest otherwise would be naïve and incorrect. But I'm of the opinion that seeing cars are only 50% of a PCS meet. The other 50%, and I might be tempted to argue the more important 50%, is being able to visit with the people who make up this club. As clichéd as it sometimes sounds, seeing old friends and making new ones is really what any club is ultimately about. Once a car shows up in the parking lot and we ooh and ahh over it, it then remains the same car for the rest of the week. But the social interaction with dozens if not hundreds of other people who share this admittedly unusual interest of ours, is what keeps the meet enjoyable all week long and tends to be what puts the biggest smile on my face and tends to be what I remember the most after a meet concludes.

To Robert L. Koryciak personally, as a past meet host myself, you have my sincere "thank you" and "congratulations" on taking on the job you have and in formulating what sounds to be a most enjoyable event. Don't let the faceless social media morons get you down. Every meet has had its naysayers, and there's just no convincing some people that PCS has its standards. Some people just don't understand that PCS isn't interested in being the quantity club, we're interested in being the quality club. There were even online complainers about my simple chapter picnic held last weekend. That's a big reason why I'm not Facebook, and have no desire to get on it. Its much too easy for faceless know-it-all cowards to throw out barbs and insults from the anonymity of their keyboard while not lifting a finger in the real world to actually do anything. I'm of the thinking that a friend is someone who I actually get together with, not a thumbnail photo who I've never met. I figure I have enough real life problems to deal with without letting social media add more depression into my life.

Robert, I have every confidence that Houston will be a wonderful time and a great meet. Do not let what may be perceived as a small car count or small attendance count shake your faith in the quality of your meet. Any meet that is held in a geographically extreme location of the country or away from major population centers will naturally be subject to its more remote location than the locations of the more populated meets. That's just a simple fact of life and not a reflection on the meet itself. To my way of thinking, the success of a meet is not measured in attendance figures, or in car counts, or in a profit or loss statement. What makes a meet successful is if at the 2016 meet, the 2017 meet, the 2018 meet, and so on, when the subject of past meets comes up in conversation, and "Houston" gets mentioned, if the memory causes the person to smile and remember it fondly, then you had a successful meet.

Thank You for putting this whole event into perspective. I honestly feel this will be a very memorable and talked about event. I have knowledge of some special plans that Bob is making that will help to make it that way! I am sure that he will be able to announce special events by this weekend! But, I will let Bob do that when he is able to finalize them! Being new to PCS, I am not aware how often PCS has participated in the motorcade such as the one planned. I do know that receiving venue in Huntsville, TX, is excited about having PCS and they have made and offered multiple exceptions to what is the "Norm" in that town and have made every effort to make us welcome to their town.:applause:

William Koryciak
06-02-2015, 05:19 PM
Thank You also John for your post and I will be looking forward to meeting all of you from across the country!

William Koryciak
06-02-2015, 06:41 PM
I am attached a photograph of downtown Houston it was taken yesterday by my brother Bob. As you can see, it is bright, clear and beautiful with not a cloud in the sky, and we don't expect that the water levels to exceed the 5th floor on any these buildings! :beatdeadhorse5::beatdeadhorse5:Seriously though, for the next eight days the chances of rain is listed at only 10%, with temperatures in the low 90s and in the sky being predominantly clear. On Saturday and Sunday, they indicate a 40% chance of some rain because of scattered thunderstorms. The temperature will still be in the low to mid 90s.
Y'all come down to Houston (that didn't come out right because I said it with a Yankee accent!), we will be looking forward to seeing you all!

Robert L. Koryciak
06-03-2015, 03:07 AM
Everyone!

If you want to go on the George Ranch/Battleship Trip - reserve you seat by Thursday nite. I have to confirm meal/ numbers on Friday, so it includes the Cowboy Chuckwagon lunch, I also need numbers because I am just at the point, I have a bus full, and need to decide if I have to keep or cancel bus #2.

After deadline:

If there is extra seats, you may go, but you will have to pay the bus and admission yourself, and most likely, have to eat lunch at the snack bar, not the Chuckwagon!

Darren Bedford
06-03-2015, 04:03 AM
Regrettably I can't make it this year. I know I will miss a fantastic PCS meet !

From talking with Bob over the last year or so I know he has put a lot of hard work into this meet and the tours offered are incredible.

I was looking forward to this meet for a couple years and had wanted to see that museum for a long time now. Please take lots of photos of everything in the museum, not just the cars !

It is the first meet in a very long time I will not be at but I know everyone will have a blast. How can you not have a amazing time with friends and procars ?

I will be looking for photos as everyone who can't make the event will be.

Enjoy the event to the fullest and I know Bob should get an award for his efforts even before this meet happens !

:applause:

All the best to everyone and safe travels,
Darren

:thumb::drive2::specool:

Mark Goodwin - Deceased 1950 - 2016
06-03-2015, 10:16 AM
Yes, as Darren said take lots of pictures for those of us not able to make that international meet. We live vicariously through your pictures and updates.

Have a great time and yes the rest of us will be saying wish we were there!

Noah Dorsey
06-03-2015, 12:03 PM
Regrettably I can't make it this year. I know I will miss a fantastic PCS meet !

From talking with Bob over the last year or so I know he has put a lot of hard work into this meet and the tours offered are incredible.

I was looking forward to this meet for a couple years and had wanted to see that museum for a long time now. Please take lots of photos of everything in the museum, not just the cars !

It is the first meet in a very long time I will not be at but I know everyone will have a blast. How can you not have a amazing time with friends and procars ?

I will be looking for photos as everyone who can't make the event will be.

Enjoy the event to the fullest and I know Bob should get an award for his efforts even before this meet happens !

:applause:

All the best to everyone and safe travels,
Darren

:thumb::drive2::specool:

Sorry to hear that. I was looking forward to meeting you. Next time, buddy!

William Koryciak
06-04-2015, 01:43 PM
Bob Koryciak asked me to post these photographs. These are taken in downtown Houston on the Sabine St. Bridge (Oldest bridge in Texas) near the epicenter of the downtown flood at Buffolo Bayou. The bridge was covered in debris but obviously is very clean now!
The first shot is a 1968 M&M Combination is the pride & Joy of GEORGE CANTU of FRASER AMBULANCE BUILDERS. This Beautiful Red 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air National Ambulance is owned by GREG GRAVES of Manvel Texas. We will be looking forward to seeing them up close in Houston June 9th thru the 13th!

Gregg D. Merksamer
06-06-2015, 10:11 PM
OOOH! I could have used these Houston skyline photos for the preview press kits had you parked pro-cars on that bridge a few months ago. Count on me to hit you up for any high-res versions you might have for post-show coverage. Though I'm doubtful its pro-cars can be gotten quickly out the door for exterior shots, I CAN vouch the Funeral Service Museum is astounding, having spent several hours inside it during my last Houston trip in 2008. My visit took place the day AFTER my Aunt Liz's funeral, which obviously struck my Uncle Norman (now dearly departed also) as an odd place to go. That this month's opportunity to visit is coming seven years after the last one likely validates my decision! What's always intriguing about Houston in general is how much it grows between visits, especially as there's no terrain or even zoning to limit the sprawl. Even the 20-year-old Houston road maps in my collection are useless beyond the downtown loop - the Sam Houston Parkway where our host Hyatt is situated was just a dashed line labeled PROPOSED - while my 1950s New York region maps have still-recognizable routes and I had no trouble using mid-1970s Chicago road maps for my 2013 trip to PCS Milwaukee until current ones could be purchased.

Noah Dorsey
06-06-2015, 10:33 PM
OOOH! I could have used these Houston skyline photos for the preview press kits had you parked pro-cars on that bridge a few months ago. Count on me to hit you up for any high-res versions you might have for post-show coverage. Though I'm doubtful its pro-cars can be gotten quickly out the door for exterior shots, I CAN vouch the Funeral Service Museum is astounding, having spent several hours inside it during my last Houston trip in 2008. My visit took place the day AFTER my Aunt Liz's funeral, which obviously struck my Uncle Norman (now dearly departed also) as an odd place to go. That this month's opportunity to visit is coming seven years after the last one likely validates my decision! What's always intriguing about Houston in general is how much it grows between visits, especially as there's no terrain or even zoning to limit the sprawl. Even the 20-year-old Houston road maps in my collection are useless beyond the downtown loop - the Sam Houston Parkway where our host Hyatt is situated was just a dashed line labeled PROPOSED - while my 1950s New York region maps have still-recognizable routes and I had no trouble using mid-1970s Chicago road maps for my 2013 trip to PCS Milwaukee until current ones could be purchased.

Glad someone else is still doing directions the old fashioned way. My wife suggested getting GPS in the rental car for an additional $10/day- I said "no way!" Speaking of which, if you have not booked a car yet... I saved A LOT by picking the car up at the Budget car rental at 10743 NORTH FREEWAY instead of at the airport. Seems it's all about where you pick it up- the drop off location doesn't matter though.

William Koryciak
06-06-2015, 10:47 PM
To the PCS Members, This was taken from Earth Cam, a few moments ago! We are excited about next week and the 2015 PCS International Meet in Houston, Texas. Our week to include: Old air terminals, monuments, battleships, fire trucks, Presidents & Popes, Howard Hughes, grave yards, "Old Sparky," prisons, cows & bulls, chuck wagons, "Peckerwoods" and a few surprises that are yet forth coming.

WE WILL SEE YOU STARTING TUESDAY!

William Koryciak
06-07-2015, 12:10 AM
To the PCS Members, This was taken from Earth Cam, a few moments ago! We are excited about next week and the 2015 PCS International Meet in Houston, Texas. Our week to include: Old air terminals, monuments, battleships, fire trucks, Presidents & Popes, Howard Hughes, grave yards, "Old Sparky," prisons, cows & bulls, chuck wagons, "Peckerwoods" and a few surprises that are yet forth coming.

WE WILL SEE YOU STARTING TUESDAY!
That is some great information, particularly about the car rentals. The hotel offers a free shuttle from the airport. I am sure once you are set up at the hotel, you can get courtesy transportation from most car rental companies to/from the hotel if you rent one of their cars. That should save some bucks! Although, I haven't confirmed it yet..., I'm not sure if Texas still accepts U.S. Currency! LOL

John ED Renstrom
06-07-2015, 02:56 PM
no me the only tec I got is a grAMMAN. IF iM FLYING I GOES WITH ME. 10 BUCKS A DAY WOULD BUY YOU ONE IN A WEEK. DARN NEW KEY BOARD NOT USE TO IT. keep hitting the cap lock when I do an a.