PDA

View Full Version : Thank you!

Tony Karsnia
08-19-2014, 01:10 PM
Kim and I, along with the entire 2014 PCS Meet committee, would like to express our thanks again to all who were able to "Respond to Rochester!" last week. The meet drew over 80 registrations, 60+ cars, and much attention from the local communities. We simply could not have asked for better weather and I literally did not hear one single negative comment concerning the experience everyone had by attending.

We could not have staged such an event without assistance. The Rochester Convention & Visitors Bureau, Ramada Hotel & Conference Center, Canadian Honker Catering, Austin Convention & Visitors Bureau, and Rochester Trolley Company provided impeccable service to us. Our tours and events went well and we've received countless compliments on the Grand Awards Banquet, complete with live jazz music and delicious buffet dinner.

In addition to the many compliments we received from our fellow PCS members who attended last week's meet, we received several compliments about our PCS group from the above mentioned Rochester and Austin businesses. They noted that our group was polite, friendly, easy-going, family-like, and obviously passionate about preserving professional cars and their history.

As your newly-elected PCS President, I was very proud to receive these compliments! It should always be our goal to put forth a positive, cooperative image, not just within our membership, but to the general public overall. We have so many wonderful people in our ranks; let's work together to continue escalating that positive image of PCS while truly appreciating the cars and each other.

Sincerely,

Tony Karsnia and the entire 2014 PCS Meet planning committee:

Kim Karsnia
Jon Wurm
April Warner
Scott Anderson
Gene Rafferty
Kurt & Kristen Halverson

Tony Karsnia
08-19-2014, 01:21 PM
Parks Superior Sales - Somers, CT

Gold Cross / Mayo Medical Transportation - Rochester & Duluth, MN

Gorder Mortuary Supply - Roseville, MN

DNR Industries - Waterloo, ON

Saether Livery Service - Blanchardville, WI

Brown-Wilbert, Inc. - Saint Paul, MN

Johnson-Williams Funeral Car Sales & Service - Minneapolis, MN

Schleicher Funeral Homes - Plainview & Lake City, MN

Wieser Company - Inver Grove Heights, MN

Gieseke Trophies - Greenbush, MN

The Northwestern Casket Company - New Hope, MN

MPL Specialties - Saint Paul, MN

Allegra - Saint Paul, MN

Seafoam - Eden Prairie, MN

Sarah Snook
08-19-2014, 02:26 PM
Tony, I feel like we all need to be thanking you! You, Kim and the rest of your committee did a great job hosting the meet. I had a fabulous time. The long drive was certainly worth the trip. Thanks for everything! :)

Jeremy D. Ledford
08-19-2014, 02:32 PM
A big THANK YOU goes out to Tony, Kim and all the crew and all who had a part in making this meet a great success! I'm pretty sure a great time was had by all from what I seen and can tell! THANK YOU again!!!

Mike Burkhart - Deceased 1948 - 2016
08-19-2014, 02:48 PM
I want to thank Tony and Kim, and the entire group who put on the meet. I also want to thank the PCS members and judges for all the work they put into the meet. I finally got to meet a lot of the members, and put a face to the names of the folks here on the board. I am proud to be a member of PCS because of the great members we have. I was one of the first to join back in 1976 and the club has gone through a lot of changes, but today it is one of the finest around.

:applause:

Brady D Smith
08-19-2014, 09:13 PM
Tony, Kim, Jon, and team,

This was a great meet in more than a few ways!
The People.
The Cars - All of which were interesting. Some of which were amazing.
The Entertainment - Particularly that Indian "seer" chap.
The Schedule
The Events
The Speakers
The Facilities.
The Weather.
The Price.

In fact, I can't imagine what more a person could ask for. Well done guys, and my sincere personal thanks for your hospitality.

Dan Brintlinger
08-19-2014, 09:28 PM
Although Nedra and I had to leave early (family obligations), we certainly enjoyed seeing everyone, and certainly enjoyed the host hotel property. The location was so easy to find, and easy to drive to downtown Rochester, and of course, a MALL right across the highway!

We are looking forward to Houston!:applause:

John ED Renstrom
08-20-2014, 12:38 AM
fun time and for once even adding up the two cars together we could not have gotten the longest distance driven award.

Robert L. Koryciak
08-20-2014, 12:55 AM
To: Tony and Kim, and all that made Rochester Happen!

You Guys (and Gals Rock!)

I had a great time, and I was an incredible learning experience for me!

I have a "High Bar" to clear to set up Houston, and I will strive for excellence, but Rochester will be hard to top!

I am glad I was able to get there on such a short lead time, as I couldn't commit until the night before, and disappointed I had to depart before the Gala!

I would also like to thank the Oldsmobile crowd - Jon, Larri, And Ed for all their insite in my future Grand Champion C/B, and Ed for Shipping my Q2B, as I don't think it will go in the ""Overhead Bin" and Jon for UPS assistance on the remainder!

Also thanks to Royce for his help! And especially to Sarah, who gave me Sage advice to get my show on the road!

I know I missed a few, but I hope to make it up to everyone with International PCS 2015 in Houston!

Robert L. Koryciak
281-382-9800:)

Fred Goerlitz
08-20-2014, 06:05 PM
Tony,

Thanks to you and everyone involved in planning and running this year's meet. You guys did a wonderful job. I had a blast!! :applause:

Darren Bedford
08-20-2014, 08:49 PM
Tony & Kim Karsnia, Jon Wurm, April Warner, Scott Anderson,
Gene Rafferty, Kurt & Kristen Halverson

A HUGE THANKS GOES OUT TO YOU ALL FOR A FANTASTIC 2014 PCS MEET !!!

Perfect in so many ways ! OUTSTANDING weather ! INCREDIBLE people !
and a lot full of amazing hearses, ambulances and limousines !!!

It went so fast but the 3564km drive was well worth it !

My 1960 MM Cadillac Futura Hearse drove like a brand new car and made its 20 year reunion this year at a PCS meet. The last PCS meet this car attended was 1994 in Pittsburgh PA.

The car sure was happy to be with the PCS again and I was proud to have had it there.

Way to many awesome happenings during the meet to list them all but it sure is one to remember.

Congrats also Tony on your new position of president of the PCS.
We are in good hands now and I wish you all the best.

THANK YOU ALL once again for your efforts and dedication for making us all very happy people during the 2014 PCS International Meet !

A huge THANK YOU as well to everyone who showed up as without the members, there is no club.

To my many friends who I have known for the last 21 years in the PCS and to the new members I met last week... THANKS FOR YOUR FRIENDSHIP ! :thumbsup:

A proud PCS member,
Darren

:applause::applause::applause:

Steve Lichtman
08-21-2014, 10:20 AM
Four days of driving for four days of a PCS meet. Worth it? Absolutely!!!!

Great job, Tony and the entire meet committee. The whole thing was great, I really enjoyed the meet and I know everyone else did, too.

For a meet that was definitely a gathering of Comet and Cotner-Bevington professional cars, having the son of Waldo Cotner and daughter of Robert Bevington as speakers was the crowning touch.

Thanks for puttin' on a great party!