PDA

View Full Version : For Sale 1968 S&S Ambulance

Richard Jones
06-16-2014, 04:58 PM
Im going to sell my 68 Ambulance. Its an outstanding car. New paint, new interior front and back, rechrome red light base and crosses. Engine has been gone through,painted and correct decals. All equipment goes with ambulance (defib, phone, foot suction, Oxygen tank with tubing, 2 man cot) siren button in floor, my description does not do the car justice. Bought a new project (Pontiac sedan delivery ambulance) Please message me or call for pics 1-573-263-3278 $20,000 obo

James Fischer
06-16-2014, 05:10 PM
To be blunt::)

:wwpics:

Doug Lemon
06-16-2014, 05:35 PM
He is not a site supporter. These are our rules.
And I think the TOS states that price must be shown.

James Fischer
06-16-2014, 06:29 PM

Thank you Doug for pointing that out !:thumbsup:

I forget that not everyone is a site supporter...

Doug Lemon
06-16-2014, 07:19 PM
Yeah,,,look at that guy in Australia, he's been a member for years and do you think he could pry that wallet open??

John Royark JR
06-16-2014, 07:25 PM

He does list the price.

Richard Jones
06-16-2014, 07:25 PM
oops... forgot I had to be a site supporter to attach pictures. Sorry....

Bill Marcy
06-16-2014, 07:38 PM
It looks real nice! Good luck, I sure hope the ambulance finds a good home.

Richard Jones
06-16-2014, 07:51 PM
Thanks Bill, it really is a nice car. You know how it is the thrill is over once the car is done. So the insanity never ends, I have bought another project. My wife is so happy......NOT!

Doug Lemon
06-16-2014, 08:31 PM
Ok well it's clear that not only am I tight but I can't read either...
I read that post 3 times before I edited my post. Maybe I should of opened my eyes before reading.
My apologies to all.

John ED Renstrom
06-16-2014, 10:09 PM
no he opened his wallet between post Doug. so your still only half wrong.

but man I have been looking for a low top. 68 is my favorite year. I have a poncho project sedan delivery ambulance that has all the plating done lights and siren found and is a running car.

some time the gods just don't line up. some times they do. sharp car. what kind of Pontiac are you rebuilding now?

Richard Jones
06-16-2014, 11:32 PM
1951 Pontiac sedan delivery 3 door converted by national, tunnel lights, texas car. Will need some work, but has good bones.:)

Brian Whelan
06-16-2014, 11:35 PM
doug,i do the same thing once in a while,funny sh--,and never feel bad,thats why its always fun to post,cause we like to help and thats all that matters,your a good guy and we all read fast and miss it once in a while,and i am glad that you cought it before someone got on you because thats not wright,life is good and nothing should be negative,always be happy,and never unhappy,and i know you are,like me im afaiad to post because i dont want to be corrected,im trying to help just like you,so keep on posting and ive got your back lol big brian 917-499-9994:):):):D:D:D

Steve Lichtman
06-17-2014, 12:41 PM
...i know you are,like me im afaiad to post because i dont want to be corrected,im trying to help just like you,..I hope you aren't afraid to post because you don't want to be corrected. You say you want to help, so do we. We correct mistakes not to be mean and insulting but to help teach. Would you rather learn what's right or just continue to be wrong? That's one of the hallmarks of the PCS, we want to teach and share so we all know the right answers. So please don't be afraid to post, we're not gonna chop your fingers off! :cool:

Anyway, Richard, good luck, looks nice.

Steve Loftin
06-17-2014, 03:15 PM
oops... forgot I had to be a site supporter to attach pictures. Sorry....

Is this car a Park Row combination, modified to look like an ambulance?

Joe Martens
06-24-2014, 06:34 PM
Beautiful car at a realistic price! Good luck with the sale!

Kyle Martin
06-24-2014, 07:13 PM
Ok well it's clear that not only am I tight but I can't read either...
I read that post 3 times before I edited my post. Maybe I should of opened my eyes before reading.
My apologies to all.

you think on the right and we think on the left. :D

Adam Borkat
06-25-2014, 05:35 PM
John Rabold's old car?

Steve Loftin
06-25-2014, 08:04 PM
Im going to sell my 68 Ambulance.

Richard - Is this car a genuine Parkway ambulance, or a Park Row combination modified to look like an ambulance?

Richard Jones
06-26-2014, 12:25 AM
It is John Rabold's old car!! How can you remember that stuff?????:applause::applause:

Paul Steinberg
06-26-2014, 12:28 AM
Is this car a Park Row combination, modified to look like an ambulance?

Richard - Is this car a genuine Parkway ambulance, or a Park Row combination modified to look like an ambulance?

Steve........

Specifically, what are the differences between a Park Row and a Parkway, other than one being a combination and the other being an ambulance?

Steve Loftin
06-26-2014, 12:49 AM
Steve........

Specifically, what are the differences between a Park Row and a Parkway, other than one being a combination and the other being an ambulance?

Those are the differences.

A Park Row is a limousine style funeral car with a painted roof. (The Park Hill is also a limousine style hearse or combination, but with a padded cobra top.)

A Parkway is a lowtop ambulance.

Paul Steinberg
06-26-2014, 01:10 AM
Is the interior of the vehicle the same except for the rollers and/or cot bar?

Steve Loftin
06-26-2014, 01:32 AM
Is the interior of the vehicle the same except for the rollers and/or cot bar?

A combination would've had reversible floor panels; an ambulance, a flat floor. (Many ambulances, and some combinations, had an optional under-floor stretcher storage compartment at the rear.)

An ambulance would've had partition cabinetry. A combination would have a hearse-style partition, but with a single compartment (fold-down door) on the passenger side, as standard equipment.

John ED Renstrom
06-26-2014, 01:27 PM
I had one other member ask me about doing the conversion from a combo to a ambulance thing. they felt they had to keep on the QT about it. but really this was a standard practice. it would do nothing to detract from the value of the car if it origins were known. a combination car dressed up and equipped as a ambulance for use as a ambulance is just fine. condition of the car is were the value lays. heritage is only spice. secrets only add confusion and cloud the issue. a combination car converted to ambulance use is good. it's still a combo. a sharp car is a sharp car and will stand out in it's class. no need to call it other then what it is. a number of combos had the flat floor with the fasteners in it for the removable rack. ordered that way as the buyer never intend to use it as a Hearse, my CB is a example of one. I don't recall seeing a S&S that way but I would guess they would do as requested by the consumer.

me I don't know what to call a Hearse converted to a ambulance? if you did a total conversion. tunnel light and cabinets I'm guessing it would be a conversion. we have two of these in the group. along with a number of combos dressed up and converted for ambulance use.

Martin Harvey
06-26-2014, 02:57 PM
It's the same car I saw in Kingston 2000 International meet?!? The interior was re-done then!

see at 5:52m

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdDwaE2_Cik

Richard Jones
06-26-2014, 05:48 PM
I did see a shot of it on the video. I still have some of the equipment that was shown on the video.

Would really like to sell it if someone would make me an offer!!!:Exclamation:

John ED Renstrom
06-26-2014, 09:56 PM
how many cars you willing to take in trade for it?

Richard Jones
06-27-2014, 10:19 AM
Not exactly what I had in mind but, at this point..........Im listening